Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Cathedral installs crazy golf course in nave

Still Waters

It's not unusual for golfers to offer up a quick prayer as they approach a crucial putt but Rochester Cathedral has taken seeking divine intervention to the next level.

It's installed a crazy golf course in the nave - to encourage a new generation of worshippers to seek a holy in one.

The nine-hole course features nine different bridges, including mini replicas of the original Roman bridge at Rochester, and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge at Dartford.

It's hoped the course will attract new (young) visitors to the cathedral and the fairways to heaven will help build and renew links between the church and the local community.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-07-30/more-tee-vicar-rochester-cathedral-installs-mini-golf-course-to-attract-new-worshippers-to-the-fairways-to-heaven/

• Sad 1

The Wistman

Well it looks absurd I have to say.  And, how shall I put this (:whistle:).....cheap.  The church elders must have lost their, er,  marbles. 

XenoFish

I know. Instead of helping the needy, build a golf course.:rolleyes: