Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

New fire rips through Aleister Crowley's house

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

Firefighters have tackled another blaze at the ruined former home of notorious occultist Aleister Crowley.

Boleskine House along, overlooking Loch Ness, was badly damaged by a blaze in 2015 and the ruin was sold earlier this year.

Crowley was said to have performed occultist rituals at the property when he lived there between 1899 and 1913

The B-listed Georgian building was later owned by musician Jimmy Page, of Led Zeppelin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-49186622

Related:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/328910-aleister-crowleys-house-set-to-be-restored/

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
XenoFish

The place should be bulldozed to rubble. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The place should be bulldozed to rubble. 

I was just going to say something similar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Impedancer
10 minutes ago, Piney said:

I was just going to say something similar. 

Me too and that man was indeed wicked he was total bell end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
14 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

Me too and that man was indeed wicked he was total bell end.

He was "evil" but he was "stupid evil". Born out of addiction, mental health issues and ignorance. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
13 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Firefighters have tackled another blaze at the ruined former home of notorious occultist Aleister Crowley.

Boleskine House along, overlooking Loch Ness, was badly damaged by a blaze in 2015 and the ruin was sold earlier this year.

Crowley was said to have performed occultist rituals at the property when he lived there between 1899 and 1913

The B-listed Georgian building was later owned by musician Jimmy Page, of Led Zeppelin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-49186622

Related:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/328910-aleister-crowleys-house-set-to-be-restored/

Crowley was an interesting character and seems to have devoted his life to becoming some kind of high priest.

I still suspect that it was him on the radio not Churchill during his WW2 speeches. Was he our secret weapon again the Vril society? Anyway, he has some interesting views in his books about how reality works.

Its like his own take on Gnosticism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42
Posted (edited)

Crowley seemed to be douchey misogynist, sure. 'evil'? Eh, I dunno. There's a lot of BS floating around about him, mainly because 'good' god-fearing Christian types hate anything remotely occult related.
Fact is though, this does sound like arson (which is a crime in Scotland, I assume) and I feel bad for the people who want to restore the house and make it a destination of historical and cultural interest.

Edited by Seti42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
13 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Crowley seemed to be douchey misogynist, sure. 'evil'? Eh, I dunno. There's a lot of BS floating around about him, mainly because 'good' god-fearing Christian types hate anything remotely occult related.
Fact is though, this does sound like arson (which is a crime in Scotland, I assume) and I feel bad for the people who want to restore the house and make it a destination of historical and cultural interest.

Eminem got away with it. I'm sure whoever did this can too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

the people who want to restore the house and make it a destination of historical and cultural interest.

They wanted to make it a sex magick house. 

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2019/07/aleister-crowleys-cursed-loch-ness-home-to-reopen-as-a-sex-magick-retreat/

Edited by XenoFish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42
4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

"The Boleskine Foundation has announced that along with the new ownership, the site will now “promote events and activities that facilitate health and wellness such as meditation and yoga as well as education on Thelema, the spiritual legacy forwarded by previous Boleskine House owner, Aleister Crowley.” The house will be open to the public for much of the year, but will close on certain dates for special events and rituals related to Thelema. 

No word on when the weird sex stuff is happening yet. Stay tuned."

 

That's an actual quote from the Brett Tingley's article you linked from MU. So...Where's the part about a "sex magick" house?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwynbleidd
On 8/1/2019 at 7:24 AM, XenoFish said:

The place should be bulldozed to rubble. 

If it's beyond restoration or repairs of any kind, then yes, otherwise, I disagree. :( I absolutely love old homes and buildings and my interest in this house is purely for historical reasons and all of the different owners since it was originally built. 

When I first saw this lovely old home was purchased and plans for restoring it were underway, I must admit I was pretty excited. There is such history connected to this oldie and I think it would look absolutely marvelous when completed.  

I also respected that fact if people wanted to invest their money in restoring it and making something of it, then good luck to them.   I can't believe it hasn't even been a month since I read the last post regarding the Trustee's comments on the restorative plans.  I wonder if that article sparked someone into doing something?

Quote

Det Insp Eddie Ross said: "Our inquiries are at an early stage, although our initial assessment is that this fire was started deliberately.

"We would encourage anybody may have seen any activity around Boleskine House or nearby to come forward as soon as they can.

"It should go without saying that deliberately setting fires is incredibly dangerous as you have limited control over how they may develop."

I think it's rather sad.  :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
2 hours ago, pixiii said:

If it's beyond restoration or repairs of any kind, then yes, otherwise, I disagree. :( I absolutely love old homes and buildings and my interest in this house is purely for historical reasons and all of the different owners since it was originally built. 

When I first saw this lovely old home was purchased and plans for restoring it were underway, I must admit I was pretty excited. There is such history connected to this oldie and I think it would look absolutely marvelous when completed.  

I also respected that fact if people wanted to invest their money in restoring it and making something of it, then good luck to them.   I can't believe it hasn't even been a month since I read the last post regarding the Trustee's comments on the restorative plans.  I wonder if that article sparked someone into doing something?

I think it's rather sad.  :( 

I like old buildings too but in this case i think bulldozing the building would be an excellent idea. Tell you why. Years ago i was in Paris and visited the grave of Jim Morrison. It was guarded 24/7 by security. Spoke to one of the guards and asked him why just that tomb was guarded while the others were not. Turns out that weirdo's have been caught in the act of trying to dig up Jim Morrisons grave to steel the bones. So if this house attracts similar nut jobs then best to destroy it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Gwynbleidd
3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I like old buildings too but in this case i think bulldozing the building would be an excellent idea. Tell you why. Years ago i was in Paris and visited the grave of Jim Morrison. It was guarded 24/7 by security. Spoke to one of the guards and asked him why just that tomb was guarded while the others were not. Turns out that weirdo's have been caught in the act of trying to dig up Jim Morrisons grave to steel the bones. So if this house attracts similar nut jobs then best to destroy it. 

Oh my, that's awful!  I think I lean towards saving any old building, however bad a condition it may be in.  But I think this stems from where I live....the oldest building here in Australia was built in 1793.  It's little over 220 years old. 

Quote

It is widely believed that the oldest building in Sydney and Australia's oldest building is Elizabeth Farm in the Sydney suburb of Rosehill. Built in 1793 by John Macarthur, it originally served as a property for Marcarthur and his family, making it the oldest house in Australia.

The buildings in the UK and Europe are so much older and whilst I realise it's probably not even practical to restore the Boleskine House, it doesn't alter my wishful thinking that a house of such history could be restored and ideally left alone.  But you are most likely right, this house would almost always attract people for reasons other than what I'd go there for in particular, ie to admire it.  I read about these beautiful old buildings, castles and homes and I think of the rich history each and every one of them has.  People that live in the UK and Europe are extremely fortunate to be able to see and visit these historic places as they're local.  I simply cannot imagine being able to walk into a cemetary and see a grave that is older than 150 years.  That to me is exciting!  Everything is so young here in comparison.  

No, I'm not about to go chain myself up to the ruins and sit amongst the rubble before it's inevitably torn down. :lol: I just wish it could stay and be returned to it's former glory, even though I know, it's probably a long shot.  :wub:   

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.