Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Perilous Premonitions 2019-2020

Raptor Witness

Just now, Piney said:

https://earthsky.org/brightest-stars/betelgeuse-will-explode-someday

Something 50ly away might harm us. But not this beast. 

I think you will find that someone allready posted that link. :rolleyes: 

On the other hand now that it isn't me posting it RabidMongoose might actually read it.

• Like 3

Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I think you will find that someone allready posted that link. :rolleyes: 

Hammerheads need a heavy dose of repetition.......and even then... :huh:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

all live will end on Earth,

Nope.  It's not in the Bible.  Horrific occurrences aplenty but no mention of the end of the earth.  Just the end of our current age of human government.

Edited by and then
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

All the apocalypse material in the Bible and Quran can be explained away of Betelgeuse goes Super Nova and our scientists have under-estimated what having two suns in our sky for a few months would do to global temperatures.

The sea will boil black, all live will end on Earth, the planet will burn, etc.

This can be explained away as your complete ignorance of astronomy.

Supernovae have occurred in human history without the sea boiling, no one died.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

All the apocalypse material in the Bible and Quran can be explained away of Betelgeuse goes Super Nova and our scientists have under-estimated what having two suns in our sky for a few months would do to global temperatures.

The sea will boil black, all live will end on Earth, the planet will burn, etc.

Have you understood why Betelgeuse is not a threat?

Or were you just joking?

640 light-years is a bit of distance. 

That would be like complaining about me farting on you from Mars. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

For those doubters about Betelgeuse then the Bible/Quran apocalypse could well be describing it.

The exact size and distance of Betelgeuse is unknown as we dont have the astronomical technology to accurately ascertain this. I find estimates from 500 lights years out to 1000 with an estimated radius of 300 million kilometres. Just for comparison the Earth is 150 million kilometres from the Sun. That is massive.

There are no instances of a star that big and so close to the Earth going pop in recorded history. Therefore there is a great deal of unknown about whether if it would harm life on Earth. The assertions we are safe cannot be tested. All it takes is a temperate rise of 30C on Earth and thats life pretty much gone. I propose this is one of the reasons why seeds are being stored in vaults around the world. They are preparing for all scenarios including a comet impact, gamma ray burst, and supernova. 

13 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

For those doubters about Betelgeuse then the Bible/Quran apocalypse could well be describing it.

Yes, it could be, but convincing those who mock even the idea of a Creator is an impossible task.  Even in the aftermath of such predictions coming true, their pride will never allow them to admit their error.  Fortunately for many, they won't be so hardened as to ignore the plain truth.

13 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

No it's not, and it's been explained why.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, and then said:

Yes, it could be, but convincing those who mock even the idea of a Creator is an impossible task.  Even in the aftermath of such predictions coming true, their pride will never allow them to admit their error.  Fortunately for many, they won't be so hardened as to ignore the plain truth.

it's dumb and dumber.

You could never admit error as your belief is fueled by ignorance, hypocrite.  Keep spreading misinformation for your god.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Sigh.. where to begin..

The exact size and distance of Betelgeuse is unknown as we dont have the astronomical technology to accurately ascertain this.

Solar evolutionary model place Betelgeuse between 19.4 and 19.7 solar masses. We do, actually have the technology to accurately ascertain this. It's called "MATH"

I find estimates from 500 lights years out to 1000 with an estimated radius of 300 million kilometres. Just for comparison the Earth is 150 million kilometres from the Sun. That is massive.

While its exact distance isn't know, we do know that it is ~222 parsecs, +49/-34, which is still a large variation. However, Even at the closest estimates, ~188 parsecs, it is still way too far to have any effect on Earth. Beside, Betelgeuse is gonna hit an could of interstellar dust before it ever goes supernova.

There are no instances of a star that big and so close to the Earth going pop in recorded history.

RX J0852.0−4622

This event may have occurred as recently as 1200 CE and is with the same distance as Betelgeuse. 

Therefore there is a great deal of unknown about whether if it would harm life on Earth. The assertions we are safe cannot be tested. All it takes is a temperate rise of 30C on Earth and thats life pretty much gone. I propose this is one of the reasons why seeds are being stored in vaults around the world. They are preparing for all scenarios including a comet impact, gamma ray burst, and supernova. 

.There isn't a great deal unknown about whether it would effect life on Earth. It is know that it would not. It simply is not close enough and no amount of hand wringing will change that. Any effect a close supernova would have on us would be gamma radiation, which would be a concern. But again, as has been explained to you, it simply is not close enough

Edit: I had a lot more to say and more detail to go into, but if i'm being honest, I just stopped caring after getting the basics down.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, and then said:

I guess we will know when one of those biblical predictions come true. So far they have been notable for not happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

RX J0852.0−4622

This event may have occurred as recently as 1200 CE and is with the same distance as Betelgeuse. 

Wasnt SN 1604 closer? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DingoLingo said:

Wasnt  SN 1604 closer? 

In time, but not distance, I believe. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

You could never admit error as your belief is fueled by ignorance, hypocrite.  Keep spreading misinformation for your god.

Did I step on a sore toe?  I'd say that those who wish to mock, demean and even suppress the beliefs of others are the ones who are hypocritical.  Admit it, if you had the power to shut down any free speech over this issue or even to punish those that have the audacity to speak publicly about what they BELIEVE, you'd do it in a heartbeat.  And you call me a hypocrite... You can't even just ignore the beliefs of others, you are compelled to destroy them for refusing to worship at the altar of science.  The irony is that your object of worship will never change the brutish, evil nature of humanity's quest to subjugate the weak.  

1 hour ago, and then said:

Did I step on a sore toe?  I'd say that those who wish to mock, demean and even suppress the beliefs of others are the ones who are hypocritical.

What do you call those who spread misinformation in order to propagate their deranged "truth"?

Admit it, if you had the power to shut down any free speech over this issue or even to punish those that have the audacity to speak publicly about what they BELIEVE, you'd do it in a heartbeat.

Because that's what you would do, right?  No wait you'd likely have them imprisoned or executed.  A favourite Christian past time.

And you call me a hypocrite... You can't even just ignore the beliefs of others, you are compelled to destroy them for refusing to worship at the altar of science.  The irony is that your object of worship will never change the brutish, evil nature of humanity's quest to subjugate the weak.  

Yes hypocrite, you use every opportunity to plug your god and attack those who reject your lies.  For all the "truth" you drum on about, it's just deception and ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2019 at 6:51 PM, RabidMongoose said:

The exact size and distance of Betelgeuse is unknown as we dont have the astronomical technology to accurately ascertain this. I find estimates from 500 lights years out to 1000 with an estimated radius of 300 million kilometres. Just for comparison the Earth is 150 million kilometres from the Sun. That is massive.

There are no instances of a star that big and so close to the Earth going pop in recorded history. Therefore there is a great deal of unknown about whether if it would harm life on Earth. The assertions we are safe cannot be tested. All it takes is a temperate rise of 30C on Earth and thats life pretty much gone. I propose this is one of the reasons why seeds are being stored in vaults around the world. They are preparing for all scenarios including a comet impact, gamma ray burst, and supernova. 

so close? Do you know far 640-some odd light years is? It's a fair distance.

You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's peanuts compared with space. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yesterday, I received a spiritual message from the Destroying Angel. By "spiritual" I mean that no words were spoken, or voices heard, but the message came in a brief vision of sorts, combined with a feeling. It was a very clear message, but not particularly moving or emotional in nature. The message indicated this entity is currently taking a new position in the sky, above the United States. "I stand ready," was the message that was made clear to me, as if to assure me.

Despite having many spiritual experiences in my lifetime, this one, from this entity, was new. I'm still unsure what it means, but it was fascinating.

The obvious question is, was this precipitated by something?  However, nothing unusual stands out. The vision did, however, remind me of something similar, which occurred prior to the tsunami and subsequent Fukushima Nuclear Disaster in Japan, when I observed an object, like a pebble, land in the blue sky, causing the sky to shudder or shake, as if the pebble or object was thrown into a body of water. I believe I published this somewhere, but I will have to find it. 

Edited by Raptor Witness

I probably should have posted this here, also, given the curious nature of the forecast ....

For the impeachment:

I see a ruby colored candy, glistening in the darkness, covered in sugar, like jewels.

I see a futuristic cartoon, in the style of Dick Tracy. The cartoon becomes a stage curtain, then the lights dim, and the curtain turns all black in color, and it stays black, while the audience awaits in silence.

I see Egyptian artwork morph into modern art. I see a volcanic sunset, where the glowing magma replaces the sunlight.

Edited by Raptor Witness

20 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Yesterday, I received a spiritual message from the Destroying Angel. By "spiritual" I mean that no words were spoken, or voices heard, but the message came in a brief vision of sorts, combined with a feeling. It was a very clear message, but not particularly moving or emotional in nature. The message indicated this entity is currently taking a new position in the sky, above the United States. "I stand ready," was the message that was made clear to me, as if to assure me.

Despite having many spiritual experiences in my lifetime, this one, from this entity, was new. I'm still unsure what it means, but it was fascinating.

The obvious question is, was this precipitated by something?  However, nothing unusual stands out. The vision did, however, remind me of something similar, which occurred prior to the tsunami and subsequent Fukushima Nuclear Disaster in Japan, when I observed an object, like a pebble, land in the blue sky, causing the sky to shudder or shake, as if the pebble or object was thrown into a body of water. I believe I published this somewhere, but I will have to find it. 

Did you tell a doctor?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

025E68D1-B96A-4FA6-AF31-DCA863D6A6D0.thumb.jpeg.05d15c751e033d43fe95daf2409db8ed.jpeg
Source

Check the dates, the first documented case arrives into “U.S. airspace” on the exact date that I received the curious message above, from the Destroying Angel.

This guy wasn’t even sick yet, but he arrives ....

He becomes ill on the date that I post the warning here.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Based upon the warning that I have received, and the curious “coincidence,” I recommend that the United States immediately suspend all air travel in and out of the country.

Ignoring the warning itself, is perhaps a component of the underlying danger.

Just ask the good folks at the NSA, who should remember well, the El Reno tornado, which immediately followed their “Crystal going dark.”

On 1/16/2020 at 1:52 AM, Rlyeh said:

Did you tell a doctor?

The irony is that it is the United States, who now needs “a doctor.“

Shall I also reveal the prayers that preceded the vision? Note carefully the curious statement, the Angel “assured me.”

The question then becomes, what assurances did I receive, and why? What was I praying about, for the past several weeks, that I needed reassurance from the Destroying Angel?

In this report it said that a physician has already died.

Apparently some  physicians who are treating patients in the hospital in Wuhan, believe they have contracted the disease simply by exposure of their eyes to the air. 

Edited by Raptor Witness

• The topic was locked