Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Night-time wails scare women inmates at Tihar

Still Waters

The article won't let me copy its text but here's the link.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/spooky-ghost-stories-haunt-tihar-jail/articleshow/70495193.cms

It's also on Coast to Coast:

Inmates at a Prison in India Say That They Are Being Tormented by a Wailing Ghost

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/inmates-at-a-prison-in-india-say-that-they-are-being-tormented-by-a-wailing-ghost

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Inmates at a Prison in India Say That They Are Being Tormented by a Wailing Ghost

"Gladiator School" for N.J. prison inmates was the old decrepit, filthy Trenton State Mental Hospital. You heard screams, wails and moans all night.

I heard other inmates tell me they experienced the same in other very old prisons. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, UnHoLyTrInItY said:

prisons are full of residual energy. so much sadness,anger, ect....

lots of places "could be" but its neber been proven.

• Like 1

And they know it's not just an inmate (or inmates) messing with everyone how, exactly?

Edited by moonman

It's more than wailing when you read the article, The ghost has been claimed to been seen on multiple occasions. 

Yes, I think old prisons, old hospitals, old battlefields, old mental asylums, etc. are indeed more prone to paranormal activity and lingering negative energy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, moonman said:

And they know it's not just an inmate (or inmates) messing with everyone how, exactly?

it is not just sound apparently. Also from the article a claim bolstering the ghost theory:

According to witnesses, the ghost of a woman has been spotted on a handful of occasions in recent weeks

• Haha 2

It could be an inmate the guards just ignore. Said inmate could either not remember "wailing" or not fess up to it.

I doubt it's a 'ghost' but it is sad, in a way...****, imagine being incarcerated. Honestly, unless you were in there for some crime(s) you KNEW you committed and accepted your fate as a consequence of your actions, it'd be hellish being in there.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

It could be an inmate the guards just ignore. Said inmate could either not remember "wailing" or not fess up to it.

I doubt it's a 'ghost' but it is sad, in a way...****, imagine being incarcerated. Honestly, unless you were in there for some crime(s) you KNEW you committed and accepted your fate as a consequence of your actions, it'd be hellish being in there.

Even if you except your fate and your actions, being in a prison is going to be hellish anyway. I can't say from experience but, I can certainly imagine what it would be like.

Prisons in india is like 13 century dungeons  

• Like 1

Ever wonder why ghosts are such nocturnal creatures? I suspect it's for much the same reason most horror movies are staged at night. Drama!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a misogynistic human having a bit of fun on night shift, to me.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:46 AM, papageorge1 said:

it is not just sound apparently. Also from the article a claim bolstering the ghost theory:

According to witnesses, the ghost of a woman has been spotted on a handful of occasions in recent weeks

It's not hard to come up with "eye-witnesses" when everyone is hysterical, though.

3 hours ago, highdesert50 said:

Ever wonder why ghosts are such nocturnal creatures? I suspect it's for much the same reason most horror movies are staged at night. Drama!

Or maybe the optics are better at night. It's quieter, sounds carry better. And in a very relaxed state (such as getting ready to sleep) a human may be more open to the paranormal.

Or so I've heard.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

It's not hard to come up with "eye-witnesses" when everyone is hysterical, though.

Sure you can say things like that in about every ghost case. And I think that might even be true a rather small percentage of the time.

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Sure you can say things like that in about every ghost case. And I think that might even be true a rather small percentage of the time.

But they were *literally* hysterical.  I'm not using the term lightly, it was used in the article. And such things are endemic in third world countries.  Stories, for instance, of one school girl proclaiming she is possessed/saw a ghost/something is after her and, all of a sudden, three dozen other school girls are claiming the same thing and fainting all over the place. Education really does have a lot to do with beliefs and the ability to sort the imaginary and superstitions from reality.  And hysteria IS contagious -- especially, I would think, under the conditions this occurred.

Edited by ScotDeerie
spork spookin'
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

But they were *literally* hysterical.  I'm not using the term lightly, it was used in the article. And such things are endemic in third world countries.  

Sure, but multiple witnesses are harder to dismiss quickly. I do believe prisons are generally more rife with the paranormal.

6 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

Stories, for instance, of one school girl proclaiming she is possessed/saw a ghost/something is after her and, all of a sudden, three dozen other school girls are claiming the same thing and fainting all over the place. 

And why should we conclude it was hysteria and that nothing paranormal was indeed involved? We can’t know. My position is that in the full body of ghost cases the chance that every single one has a normal explanation seems astronomical. And I have heard some convincing ones from some people quite calm at the time. 

• Haha 2

A nice dinner with excellent food tastes poorer if the ambience is not there. The same applies to these stories. If employees of a mall complained of wailing sounds then we'd all roll our eyes.

Change the setting to a jail in a country most of us have never visited and our minds might add some other extraneous idea such as paranormal. The story is all dressed up to appeal to those with a desire to avoid thinking logically.

How can there be a story without all of the fun of ghosts and whatever?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

And why should we conclude it was hysteria and that nothing paranormal was indeed involved? We can’t know. My position is that in the full body of ghost cases the chance that every single one has a normal explanation seems astronomical. And I have heard some convincing ones from some people quite calm at the time. 

I'm not saying all cases are since I have not heard all cases. I'm saying in THIS CASE, it more likely a combination of the environment, superstitions and the reactions of the people as a group that feed into the fear and projection of seeing what they expect to see during a "haunting".

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

I'm not saying all cases are since I have not heard all cases. I'm saying in THIS CASE, it more likely a combination of the environment, superstitions and the reactions of the people as a group that feed into the fear and projection of seeing what they expect to see during a "haunting".

And I contrarily think that with the eerie wailings and the multiple sightings something paranormal is more likely than not involved. And I still hold prisons are more rife with the paranormal than more mundane places.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Remember, inmates are the most honest and trustworthy sources. No way they would make up some stories to mess with staff or out of sheer boredom, THAT would never happen, nope.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I watched a program about people who claimed to have weird paranormal experiences in a newly built office building. it turned out that they had built a tunnel nearby  that crated infrasounds, vibrations around 19 hz which can create an omnious presence . 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Thanks 2