Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Night-time wails scare women inmates at Tihar

Still Waters

I think in those horrifying places of humanity these may also be the spirits or souls of tormented,still living inmates leaving their earthly bodies in a desperate attempt to be free from their living hell.Missjatti may have the greatest insight of the conditions.

On 8/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, MissJatti said:

Prisons in india is like 13 century dungeons  

I do not want to imagine the conditions of many prisons across the world, i have no doubts the more "third world" or "poor" a country the bigger mess a prison is with serverly mentally ill not being treated but rather just tossed in with everyone else,

hearing screams in the night might be mental illness it might be abuse of inmates but until you prove otherwise paranormal isnt on my list,  what i believe it is is far more horrible and terrifying.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, moonman said:

Remember, inmates are the most honest and trustworthy sources. No way they would make up some stories to mess with staff or out of sheer boredom, THAT would never happen, nope.

And incarceration, inhuman conditions, inmate on inmate abuse, guard on inmate abuse, hunger, hopelessness -- those things never make anyone lose their grip on reality, either. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ScotDeerie said:

And incarceration, inhuman conditions, inmate on inmate abuse, guard on inmate abuse, hunger, hopelessness -- those things never make anyone lose their grip on reality, either. 

Also sounds like fuel for negative psychic energies too? I think prisons are more rife with the paranormal from just the experiences of  even non-incarcerated investigators too.

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Also sounds like fuel for negative psychic energies too? I think prisons are more rife with the paranormal from just the experiences of  even non-incarcerated investigators too.

Or like the poster you were replying to clearly stated with all the factors he said....they've basically go insane and lost grip of reality.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Or like the poster you were replying to clearly stated with all the factors he said....they've basically go insane and lost grip of reality.

Not sure I understand your point. I was just adding that those things affect the psychic energy too. And I also added that as a result that may be why even outside investigators find more activity at these places.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Not sure I understand your point. I was just adding that those things affect the psychic energy too. And I also added that as a result that may be why even outside investigators find more activity at these places.

My point is that it's highly likely that the inmates were messing around with people or were losing their mind, then a bunch of "ghosts" were haunting them or anything paranormal for that matter.

5 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

My point is that it's highly likely that the inmates were messing around with people or were losing their mind, then a bunch of "ghosts" were haunting them or anything paranormal for that matter.

I understand you better this time. Of course that is a possibility but I consider that sightings and certain sounds are not that easy to fake. The fact that I believe prisons are indeed more rife with activity is another factor I consider. I also believe suicides as mentioned in the article increase the likelihood. Probably the basic difference between us is that I am more open to the paranormal from other cases but there is no way I can know anything with certainty from this distance.

Papameter: 70% Paranormal    30% Normal

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I understand you better this time. Of course that is a possibility but I consider that sightings and certain sounds are not that easy to fake. The fact that I believe prisons are indeed more rife with activity is another factor I consider. I also believe suicides as mentioned in the article increase the likelihood. Probably the basic difference between us is that I am more open to the paranormal from other cases but there is no way I can know anything with certainty from this distance.

Papameter: 70% Paranormal    30% Normal

Believe it or not I used to be open to the idea of it. I was fascinated by the idea of something paranormal. But then I thought. Billions of people have died ALL around the world and yet there is still no hard evidence to suggest anything paranormal exists.

I can guarantee you that if there was a full blown credible investigation into this "paranormal situation ", there will be a rational explanation. Everything can be explained by science, scientist may not have discovered why, what, how, who and why?, about stuff which is unexplainable. But it doesn't make it paranormal. Just means unexplained to science.

Just realised that kinda sounds like im open to the possibility of ghosts and such. It doesn't and I'm not. I'm not a skeptic I'm a total non believer. I'd like there to be something paranormal as it would be freaking amazing, like I'd love Atlantis to exist. But neither do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Believe it or not I used to be open to the idea of it. I was fascinated by the idea of something paranormal. But then I thought. Billions of people have died ALL around the world and yet there is still no hard evidence to suggest anything paranormal exists.

I can guarantee you that if there was a full blown credible investigation into this "paranormal situation ", there will be a rational explanation. Everything can be explained by science, scientist may not have discovered why, what, how, who and why?, about stuff which is unexplainable. But it doesn't make it paranormal. Just means unexplained to science.

Just realised that kinda sounds like im open to the possibility of ghosts and such. It doesn't and I'm not. I'm not a skeptic I'm a total non believer. I'd like there to be something paranormal as it would be freaking amazing, like I'd love Atlantis to exist. But neither do.

I believe the so-called paranormal exists beyond reasonable doubt. I think the key is the existence of dimensions of reality not directly detectable by the physical senses and instruments. When these realms affect the physical it looks paranormal (or an unexplained mystery) to us. 

And I believe there are many gifted people that can tell us about these realms in considerable detail through psychic (extrasensory) insight. They provide a working paradigm for how these so-called paranormal things operate as opposed to the obsessive denialism of the materialist.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I believe the so-called paranormal exists beyond reasonable doubt. I think the key is the existence of dimensions of reality not directly detectable by the physical senses and instruments. When these realms affect the physical it looks paranormal (or an unexplained mystery) to us. 

And I believe there are many gifted people that can tell us about these realms in considerable detail through psychic (extrasensory) insight. They provide a working paradigm for how these so-called paranormal things operate as opposed to the obsessive denialism of the materialist.

I take into account that scientists don't know everything about the humans brain and mind. However, as I've said, considering there isn't any evidence and it's just belief. IF there was definitive proof I would more than happily eat humble pie. But if I had a mortgage  I'd wager it on the paranormal being hogwash.

• Like 2

Just now, ThereWeAreThen said:

I take into account that scientists don't know everything about the humans brain and mind. However, as I've said, considering there isn't any evidence and it's just belief. IF there was definitive proof I would more than happily eat humble pie. But if I had a mortgage  I'd wager it on the paranormal being hogwash.

I accept the wager. And I think the cumulative weight of the quantity, quality and consistency of the evidence is overwhelming that the so-called paranormal exists..

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I accept the wager. And I think the cumulative weight of the quantity, quality and consistency of the evidence is overwhelming that the so-called paranormal exists..

There is 0 evidence...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

There is 0 evidence...

You have 0 understanding of the term 'evidence'.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You have 0 understanding of the term 'evidence'.

So @Robotic Jew  what is you understanding of the term 'evidence'?

ev·i·dence
/ˈevədəns/
noun
  1. 1.
    the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
    "the study finds little evidence of overt discrimination"
    synonyms: proof, confirmation, verification, substantiation, corroboration, affirmation, authentication, attestation, documentation; More

1. 1.
    be or show evidence of.
    "that it has been populated from prehistoric times is evidenced by the remains of Neolithic buildings"
    synonyms: indicate, show, reveal, be evidence of, display, exhibit, manifest, denote, evince, signify;More
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So @Robotic Jew  what is you understanding of the term 'evidence'?

Something that can be measured and verified independently and repeatedly. Eyewitness testimony and blurry photographs do not fall into this category for me. Want to prove to me that the Bray Beast or Bigfoot is real? Simple, produce a body or a live specimen. Reports from 100 years ago by security guards do nothing for me. 200 stories from people who all have varying details and very well might have had their experience poisoned by previous "eyewitnesses" do nothing for me. 

This doesn't hold up to the normal standards or "evidence" but to me when something has been talked about for a long time without any other evidence to match it up with...it's useless. 

Edit add: ghosts and anything else that falls under the "only have stories to prove it's existence category"

Edited by Robotic Jew
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Something that can be measured and verified independently and repeatedly. Eyewitness testimony and blurry photographs do not fall into this category for me. Want to prove to me that the Bray Beast or Bigfoot is real? Simple, produce a body or a live specimen. Reports from 100 years ago by security guards do nothing for me. 200 stories from people who all have varying details and very well might have had their experience poisoned by previous "eyewitnesses" do nothing for me. 

This doesn't hold up to the normal standards or "evidence" but to me when something has been talked about for a long time without any other evidence to match it up with...it's useless. 

Edit add: ghosts and anything else that falls under the "only have stories to prove it's existence category"

If three people witness a crime that is zero ‘evidence‘?

Edited by papageorge1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

If three people witness a crime they are not ‘evidence‘ for the crime?

They are the witnesses, the evidence is the blood soaked and probably disemboweled body. Which might correspond to their testimony.

• Like 2

A 100 ghost stories about a location means there are a 100 stories. Doesn't mean the place is haunted, because people are highly susceptible to suggestion.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

They are the witnesses, the evidence is the blood soaked and probably disemboweled body. Which might correspond to their testimony.

There certainly are things called ‘eyewitness evidence’ and ‘physical evidence’, right?

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

There certainly are things called ‘eyewitness evidence’ and ‘physical evidence’, right?

Eyewitness testimony.

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Eyewitness testimony.

Wordplay. It’s still important in court cases, right?

Edited by papageorge1