Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Poltergeist in Sanyati, Zimbabwe

macqdor

15 hours ago, Habitat said:

Anything that affects anyone's reality, even if known only to the affected person, is an affect on reality. You simply cannot know, what the whole field of human experience contains.

If a fellow makes outlandish claims like um oh lets say he claims to conjure up purple people eaters in yellow poka dot bikinis to dance hoochie koo on his kitchen table, his delusinal version of reality no matter how real to his askew mental condition doesnt effect any one elses unless he goes further eith his psychosis going after others in turn him not his imaginationy creatures are effecting others.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

skeptics behold to a world view therefore  THEy/YOU labeling something a hoax is meaningless.   The only way you can prove Humpty Doo (Australia case) was a hoax is if you was there and witnessed hoaxing.  You're  trying to submit conjecture, innuendo, and confirmation bias as evidence.  Trying to throw out the word "hoaxing" in mass quantities as a means of making a lie become the truth.  

Sorry - that might work in a forum community. Not in the paranormal community.

@stereologist

You labeling any of these funny anecdotes as evidence is meaningless. Please provide actual evidence.

Humpty Doo was a hoax. Plain and simple. It was a bumbling hoax that a few people fell for. 

Here is another term you repeatedly don't seem to understand: confirmation bias

Please learn the meaning of these terms:

• open minded
  • straw man
  • confirmation bias

The paranormal community appears to be too gullible to escape their inability to discern fantasy from reality.

Typical paranormal story. The Warrens wanted to get the support of the New England skeptics society. Lorraine Warren offered to go with the skeptics to a poltergeist site. It was a place she had not been to before. On the way to the house where this was supposed to be happening the drive pulled over to check the map to see where they were going. Lorraine gets out of the car and throws herself to the ground ranting about the demons she feels from the grounds. It takes a while for her to get herself under control so that the driver can inform her that the poltergeist house is several miles away.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, macqdor said:

you left out the word theory.   The above definition is one theory out of several. I do not subscribe to the R.S.P.K theory. I've stated many times before.

That is not a theory in the scientific sense. 

Let's add hypothesis to the terms to learn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Thanks Tim. I hear Fosters is the thing to drink in Oz. At least that is what our Fosters' commercials tell us. Maybe someday.

*snip*

Cheers for the reply! 

Haha, this bit is actually a long-running joke with Aussies. No one drinks Fosters here (maybe a couple of weird people) but we know it’s advertised heavily in overseas western countries.

Most would go Corona or Asahi, or IPA’s, craft beers are a fad for the hipsters, or VB/Carlton Draught for the staunch Aussies (must be cold though, a crisp 3°C and they’re liquid gold).

I have a mate who drinks them warm, but, nope!

One of the greatest samples of Aussie advertising of all time est. 1984 (please watch lol):

A tad off topic...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If they existed physics would have something new to mess with. If it was human caused then psychology and neuroscience would too.

Absolutely correct.

I've pointed out this very fact to papageorge1 and others numerous time. 

The failure to comprehend this is due to a lack of understanding of how the world works.

Poltergeists would be examples of reactionless events. Despite an enormous amount of testing for centuries no reactionless events have been discovered by science. That includes events at the universe level to the quantum world. 

• Like 3

I'm not here to provide evidence.  That would be futile.   Its all a matter of opinion.

My opinion is based on what I've seen with my own naked eyes. Your opinion is based off a world view.

its as simple as that. Now do u have any other questions about the Zimbabwe poltergeist?  I'm waiting on you to dig deeper into the subject and right now you're doing horrible.

I gave u a lot of information few posts up and your still asking pre-K questions.

@XenoFish

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

@Timothy   On second reading maybe I got too preachy there for our reconciliatory moment.

But I certainly have received more crap than I have dished out on this forum. 

Yep I know I’ve called you an idiot before.

But we know how each-other operate, so it’s better that way.

Still up for the beer though? :su

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Habitat said:

the only reason I have offered "stories", is because they are factual,

The fact stories are all you have likely plays a part too, just because a blind faither believes a story or makes $$$ off it far from makes a story factual.

• Like 1

Just now, macqdor said:

I'm not here to provide evidence.  That would be futile.   Its all a matter of opinion.

My opinion is based on what I've seen with my own naked eyes. Your opinion is based off a world view.

its as simple as that. Now do u have any other questions about the Zimbabwe poltergeist?  I'm waiting on you to dig deeper into the subject and right now you're doing horrible.

I gave u a lot of information few posts up and your still asking pre-K questions.

@XenoFish

Ok. Let's add the meaning of evidence to the list of words to learn.

Words to learn:

• open minded
  • straw man
  • confirmation bias
  • hypothesis
  • evidence

The goal of those proposing these types of ideas is to pretend that opinion counts and not evidence. That's how people sell others on ideas that they do not want examined. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, macqdor said:

@XenoFish

Nice flame baiting attempt.:tu:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, macqdor said:

@XenoFish

Actually that i not true at all. You've provided nothing about this prank in Zim.

You've written up more comments about the hoax in Washington state than about the prank in Zim.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Absolutely correct.

I've pointed out this very fact to papageorge1 and others numerous time. 

The failure to comprehend this is due to a lack of understanding of how the world works.

Poltergeists would be examples of reactionless events. Despite an enormous amount of testing for centuries no reactionless events have been discovered by science. That includes events at the universe level to the quantum world. 

And ghost-physics is its own issue.

A ghost can walk through a wall, but not fall through the floor. 

Ghosts are suggested to haunt physical locations, but what happens when the building is removed and the land developed and not a single atom of the original geographical location remains?

Earth is hurtling through space at great speed; are some ghosts left behind in the emptiness of space as they have no location to attach to? Stuck in an universal X-Y-Z forever?

When do they disappear forever?

@macqdor, any help with this?

Spoiler

And what about the fire department report? You’ve still never produced it. You brought up your case again, so it’s fair game to request again. 

How many times have I asked you now? You say it’s publicly available and you’ve provided it to people on this forum, but there’s no evidence of it existing ever. Your website, the YouTube videos, or otherwise. 

This is the main reason I think you are intentionally trying to scam people and you were responsible (or others known to you) for the suspicious happenings at your house. Plugging books, writing a movie script. C’mon mate. Sell it somewhere else...

This and claiming you’re an IT professional however you generally have extremely lacking written English and reading comprehension/debating skills. 

And that’s not straw-man, it’s the honest truth. 

A better person would reflect and improve. You just repeat. Zimbabwe today...

Edit: And ghosts seem to be able to choose to have zero or 100% momentum...

Edited by Timothy
Edit + typo.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Timothy

And ghost-physics is its own issue.

A ghost can walk through a wall, but not fall through the floor. 

Ghosts are suggested to haunt physical locations, but what happens when the building is removed and the land developed and not a single atom of the original geographical location remains?

Earth is hurtling through space at great speed; are some ghosts left behind in the emptiness of space as they have no location to attach to? Stuck in an universal X-Y-Z forever?

When do they disappear forever?

@macqdor, any help with this?

Once again poltergeist are not ghosts.  I'm not here defending the existence of ghosts. I've NEVER seen a ghosts. I've seen an apparition. I've heard and felt a poltergeist.

The apparition in our house couldn't walk through a wall.  It tried and failed miserably.  Objects?  I've seen objects go through walls.  Lots of objects

Apparitions when they walk make a sound like you and me. Pitter patter and foot steps sounds. Stomping even.

You're trying to insert ghost into the discussion about poltergeist.    For the 20th trillion time.  Poltergeist are not ghosts.  Understand the difference. 

Edited by macqdor

20 minutes ago, macqdor said:

@XenoFish

We can’t dig deeper when it’s 3rd world superstitious countries with nothing we can verify.

You admitted that you never provided any evidence here of your own case in continental USA. Yet you sell the books. 

So how can we dig deeper with a case in India or Zimbabwe when there’s no way to get any more information than the lacking article written by @Crops

Where did @Crops go, by the way? They have the info apparently...

Edited by Timothy
Typo.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, macqdor said:

@Timothy

Once again poltergeist are not ghosts.  I'm not here defending the existence of ghosts. I've NEVER seen a ghosts. I've seen an apparition. I've heard and felt a poltergeist.

The apparition in our house couldn't walk through a wall.  It tried and failed miserably.  Objects?  I've seen objects go through walls.  Lots of objects

Apparitions when they walk make a sound like you and me. Pitter patter and foot steps sounds. Stomping even.

You're trying to insert ghost into the discussion about poltergeist.    For the 20th trillion time.  Poltergeist are not ghosts.  Understand the difference. 

If you can’t explain the difference, no one is going to understand it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Once again poltergeist are not ghosts. 

poltergeist

noun
pol·ter·geist | \ ˈpōl-tər-ˌgīst
\

Definition of poltergeist

: a noisy usually mischievous ghost held to be responsible for unexplained noises (such as rappings)

pol·ter·geist
/ˈpōltərˌɡīst/

noun
a ghost or other supernatural being supposedly responsible for physical disturbances such as loud noises and objects thrown around.

The German verb poltern means "to knock, and "Geist" is the German word for "spirit." ... The English word ghost is also related; it descends from the same ancient root that led to "Geist."

Anyway,
Isnt that humpty doo fraud hoax the rather ridiculous one where after making up a bunch of tripe a person was caught on camera throwing a knife or other item and evidence was found that items were placed on ceiling fans and when the fans turned on dropped items down,
Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, the13bats said:

poltergeist

noun
pol·ter·geist | \ ˈpōl-tər-ˌgīst
\

Definition of poltergeist

: a noisy usually mischievous ghost held to be responsible for unexplained noises (such as rappings)

pol·ter·geist
/ˈpōltərˌɡīst/

noun
a ghost or other supernatural being supposedly responsible for physical disturbances such as loud noises and objects thrown around.

The German verb poltern means "to knock, and "Geist" is the German word for "spirit." ... The English word ghost is also related; it descends from the same ancient root that led to "Geist."

Anyway,
Isnt that humpty doo fraud hoax the rather ridiculous one where after making up a bunch of tripe a person was caught on camera throwing a knife or other item and evidence was found that items were placed on ceiling fans and when the fans turned on dropped items down,

It's funny when they screw up they're own definitions isn't it? It's like when Christian's say the bible is the book of peace (alot of them have tried that crap with me).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.ghostlyactivities.com/poltergeists-not-necessarily-a-ghost/

Poltergeists and ghosts aren’t necessarily the same things. Read about their differences and how you can clear poltergeists.

Poltergeist comes from the German for ‘noisy spirit.’ If you have one, you’ll know it. They slam doors, toss objects, turn over furniture, bang walls and, well, make a lot of noise. They’ve also been known to turn off/on appliances and faucets.

A key reason these entities should not be considered ghosts is that poltergeists cannot form an apparition. You can see or hear activity, like the noise mentioned earlier, but you never see the poltergeist. If you do see something, you likely have an ‘area haunting,’ which also generates EMF spikes and EVP.

We don’t believe poltergeists are ghosts, but psychic energy that finds a way to manifest. That doesn’t explain the intense cold spots it generates. But, it may be an energy trade off between our physical world and the psychic plane. We also believe it’s psychic energy because most poltergeists go away as a young person ages into their late teens and/or learns to control their emotions.

The name ‘poltergeist’ is German in origin, and roughly translates as ‘noisy ghost’, although it is not, strictly speaking, a ghost at all. The poltergeist is an invisible entity that moves objects, slams doors and creates other audible, kinetic disturbances. It has been reported in many cultures and there is a strong association with the places where young people, especially adolescents, are living. Explanations for the phenomenon vary all the way from supernatural to scientific.

The German verb poltern means "to knock, and "Geist" is the German word for "spirit." Another "Geist" descendant in English is "zeitgeist" ("the general intellectual, moral, and cultural climate of an era"). 

"Geist" means spirit. not ghosts.

Mic drop.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

If a fellow makes outlandish claims like um oh lets say he claims to conjure up purple people eaters in yellow poka dot bikinis to dance hoochie koo on his kitchen table, his delusinal version of reality no matter how real to his askew mental condition doesnt effect any one elses unless he goes further eith his psychosis going after others in turn him not his imaginationy creatures are effecting others.

I must have missed that claim, bats, and please, the comma was invented for a reason.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, macqdor said:

https://www.ghostlyactivities.com/poltergeists-not-necessarily-a-ghost/

"Geist" means spirit. not ghosts.

Mic drop.

Butterfingers, you cant even grasp the mic correctly...nope another epic fail from mac.

• The topic was locked