Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow side of humans

Relam

Write your experience if you fully intergrated your shadow side, was it good or bad experience.

In Jungian psychology, the "shadow", "Id", or "shadow aspect/archetype" may refer to (1) an unconscious aspect of the personalitywhich the conscious ego does not identify in itself, or (2) the entirety of the unconscious, i.e., everything of which a person is not fully conscious. In short, the shadow is the unknown side

• Like 1

I don't know if this qualifies or not, I have anger issues, they used to be extreme.  Once someone said to me "Anger is a normal emotion.  Normal anger comes up and lasts 2 to 5 minutes.  If it lasts longer then it is most likely based on past unresolved anger.  You can tell when the anger you feel is based on past unresolved anger if you can't let it go.  For example when someone cuts you off in traffic and it ruins your whole day, that is anger based on old unresolved anger."  I used to get angry about silly things and never get over it, it would ruin my whole day so I started paying attention to that, when I was extremely angry I would ask myself questions, what warrants this much anger.  If I was telling myself that my anger was because of something that is minor I would then make myself go back until I remembered something I never resolved.  It took years.  Most of the time my anger evaporates fairly quickly, and when it doesn't I make myself examine it and verify whether it is based on current reality, not the past.  I still have issues when I know someone is lying to me, that is something I am still working on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Relam said:

Write your experience if you fully intergrated your shadow side, was it good or bad experience.

I survived suicide depression. Does that count. You really have to accept a lot of things to do that.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I survived suicide depression. Does that count. You really have to accept a lot of things to do that.

Great to hear that you succeded,unfortunately some people when confronting darkness end up being eaten by darkness

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have embraced my shadow side or what I think you are referring to.  I have deliberately killed when necessary and I have deliberately showed mercy when I chose often quiet randomly. I have suffered thru depression and PTSD and have stared down the barrel of a gun I held. I have raised one great child that saves all the animals she can and a son that has 5 felony animal abuse charges pending against him all by myself and I am a man. I have learned there is a duality in humans we can do extreme evil and extreme kindness as can nature. I believe it is a part of god to be both good and bad. I think the biggest question is did you do that which is necessary or did you not.

22 hours ago, IlluminatiPoser said:

I have deliberately showed mercy when I chose often quiet randomly.

That's not "balance". That's a mental health issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2019 at 2:20 PM, Relam said:

Great to hear that you succeded,unfortunately some people when confronting darkness end up being eaten by darkness

The only time I ever went "full dark" was with child traffickers. I even shocked @Iilaa'mpuul'xem

• Like 1

When I said randomly, I intended it to be that contrary to what I should have done, then I had to explain why I did not. I just felt it was not right, somewhat of a failure to carry out orders if you shall. If you have never been in a situation like that don't judge. Sometimes you have to bring out the dark side, sometimes a force if you want to call it says NO! Mankind is a killer even if you are a vegetarian, a living organism has to die for us to feed off it. Face it, my god is TOWIA aka The One(s) Who Is Above. TOWIA  has mandated that we are to kill animal or plant to live. All life is sacred but even the sacred life sometimes has to die. Is this wrong to god. I don't know but I do know that we have to kill to survive,  If you have ate meat an animal died if you ate tofu a soybean plant had to die which would be very special if we found it on Mars! Contrary to a lot of views violent death is natural in the natural world. The owl seizes the mouse. The mouse dies the owl lives, is this wrong. Never forget mankind is just an animal elevated to the level of to be as gods no less forth he also stretch forth his hand and eat of  the fruit of the tree of life and become gods. Pick me apart I appreciate the input !!!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, IlluminatiPoser said:

When I said randomly, I intended it to be that contrary to what I should have done, then I had to explain why I did not. I just felt it was not right, somewhat of a failure to carry out orders if you shall. If you have never been in a situation like that don't judge. Sometimes you have to bring out the dark side, sometimes a force if you want to call it says NO! Mankind is a killer even if you are a vegetarian, a living organism has to die for us to feed off it. Face it, my god is TOWIA aka The One(s) Who Is Above. TOWIA  has mandated that we are to kill animal or plant to live. All life is sacred but even the sacred life sometimes has to die. Is this wrong to god. I don't know but I do know that we have to kill to survive,  If you have ate meat an animal died if you ate tofu a soybean plant had to die which would be very special if we found it on Mars! Contrary to a lot of views violent death is natural in the natural world. The owl seizes the mouse. The mouse dies the owl lives, is this wrong. Never forget mankind is just an animal elevated to the level of to be as gods no less forth he also stretch forth his hand and eat of  the fruit of the tree of life and become gods. Pick me apart I appreciate the input !!!!!!!!!

I'm a Native American traditionalist. Your preaching to the choir.

"Take no unnecessary life" is the rule. 

Never met a follower of Towianski. I thought they were extinct. 

No my Brother, we are not extinct we are just waiting for the rest of humanity to catch up. I wear  the Turtle pendant and the Water  tattoo from the Eastern First Nations mythology. I am not of the blood of the First Nations but of the believe. Look to nature to discover the truth of the Creator the Great Spirit or Towia. My god does not need to inspire men to write a book, my god sunk the oceans and raised the mountains. My God waits for me on the other side of the veil. I am also much happy to discover that we are not alone in our adoration of The One(s) Who Are Above!!!!!

On 8/4/2019 at 10:53 AM, Relam said:

In Jungian psychology, the "shadow", "Id", or "shadow aspect/archetype" may refer to (1) an unconscious aspect of the personalitywhich the conscious ego does not identify in itself, or (2) the entirety of the unconscious, i.e., everything of which a person is not fully conscious. In short, the shadow is the unknown side

The shadow, only ever served as an impediment to my drive, and a distraction from the on-goings, but there is one useful thing I have done with the shadow, looked in the watery reflection, and discovered myself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/9/2019 at 2:45 AM, Piney said:

The only time I ever went "full dark" was with child traffickers. I even shocked @Iilaa'mpuul'xem

Yes,we don't know what we are capable of until we meet the beast

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Relam said:

It's not about capability. It's about letting yourself "go there". 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's not about capability. It's about letting yourself "go there". 

And we dont want to go there.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Relam said:

Some of us know what our darker sides are capable of without going there. As said by others, we don't go there. Better to accept and acknowledge our darker sides without becoming our darker side.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Some of us know what our darker sides are capable of without going there. As said by others, we don't go there. Better to accept and acknowledge our darker sides without becoming our darker side.

I think crowley was exploring this side in himself and this was a result of experimenting with things not only in head but physically, and going nuts later. Example of becoming a beast is somehow a Ted Bundy.

3 hours ago, Relam said:

If you don't confront the beast you will never grow

I already know my dark force i focus on the light instead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:12 AM, XenoFish said:

Your god is just an idea.

Yes, but I believe an idea should be under the forum of philosophy, given the content of the  post.