Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Pentagon is testing mass surveillance balloon

Recommended Posts

 
Desertrat56

Big Brother. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AllPossible

Wow 65,000ft? So they're basically very cheap satellites that don't circle the earth. Wonder how many miles they can see from up there. Maybe 25 balloons can see an entire state?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanL
Posted (edited)

If thy want to watch me drive to Walmart they have my permission. No big deal. They already can track all the new cars with their GPS systems and built-in cell phones connectors.

The military will benefit from this sort of tech. Day or night it will allow the troops on the ground to know the displacement and movements of the enemy. They were using ballons this way in the Civil War. It isn't a new idea.

Edited by DanL
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
4 minutes ago, DanL said:

If thy want to watch me drive to Walmart they have my permission. No big deal. They already can track all the new cars with their GPS systems and built-in cell phones connectors.

The military will benefit from this sort of tech. Day or night it will allow the troops on the ground to know the displacement and movements of the enemy. They were using ballons this way in the Civil War. It isn't a new idea.

There are all sorts of legal entanglements this can lead to.  One could be falsely accused just because their vehicle or phone was tracked while they couldn't prove they'd lost it.  Every bit of freedom we lose to a government is freedom we will never have back without bloodshed.  In case you hadn't noticed - people are no DAMNED GOOD. Putting them in charge of deciding whether your actions are acceptable is a good way to find yourself broke and imprisoned on the whim of someone who isn't even as trustworthy as yourself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog

Strange that they are not tethered or motorized. Going with the wind is a bit hazardous with high tech surveillance system...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin
4 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Strange that they are not tethered or motorized. Going with the wind is a bit hazardous with high tech surveillance system...

Let me help you with this:

What's the wind speed at 65,000 feet?

Not much at all, which is why they float that high.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, pallidin said:

Let me help you with this:

What's the wind speed at 65,000 feet?

Not much at all, which is why they float that high.

yep ! true ! Big drop around 65000ft (20 000m) !

Average wind speeds in m/s vs. altitude in km. On an average, wind speeds are minimum in the lower stratosphere, around 20 km altitude. Air density at 20 km is roughly 1/20 that at sea level.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

Excellent graph!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.