Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

gyroscope setup for amateurs

trevor borocz johnson

I think one of the main things that I'm looking to do with the gyroscope mic/speaker is to record and identify the behaviour of people, ghosts, voices, whatever it is that makes schizoids hallucinate. Yesterday I tried a new setup of my gyro telephone and tried it out with my brother on the other end. I strongly feel it is possible NOT to record the sound waves of the cochlea like I was trying, but to literally hear through a distance, and through the gyroscope, the activity that occurs in someone else's vestibular, example: dizzyness, the tail wagging, hallucination voices voluntarily controlled, and ear whistling. While a little bit of music comes through the gyro it only happens when you put vestibular focus on the gyro which isn't easily controlled and the music disappears quickly. You almost have to fall asleep in front of the gyro or go into a deep stoner face haze to hear it. If you get up close and listen intently to the gyro all you will hear is it spinning. Vestibular focus is crucial though. Keeping your vestibular 'on' rather then your cochlea and focusing it seem crucial to using this type of 'phone'.

Here's another gyrophone setup. As you can see I have two gyroscopes tied together by some aluminum wire. I tied in two helical extension springs, each between a gyro and what the gyro is tied to, in this case my desk off in the distance, and my chair which isn't pictured. Me and my brother tried it out and it seems to be the best setup yet. When you control the gyro's movement with your mind a little you can hear the music come through a little.

Everything vibrates. Acoustics in smaller room with 2 kw of sound can make crazy things to one's mind, to the walls, to furniture... To thrill one wire it can be accomplished by vibrations which human ear can not register so it would appear that sound comes from nothing, out of wind etc.

But it's great experiment and toy. Maybe something comes out of the project, nothing is a waste when it comes to creativity.

• Like 1

Here's yet another setup. This time I have the gyro's setup on springs and at the ends of two lever's and the other end of either lever attached together. When the gyro goes down or up on either side the other gyro does the same thing. I thought about having to have someone on the other end to hear my end, then I thought if a person isn't on the other end of a mic speaker, the sound still plays into the mic without someone there. Then I thought music doesn't really play naturally into the balance system, but white noise does. So I've completely switched over to white noise for my experiments. The results for this one have been about the same where sometimes there is a noticeable change when I stop the gyro, and other times there isn't. It's a bit hard to tell though because both gyro's are in close range to the speakers on the right.

Edited by trevor borocz johnson

I think the problem with the balance and lever setups is that I'm treating the gyro like it is a weight and not compensating for its unique qualities. I only loosely tied it together that a gyro would use something similar to a weight scale as a sensor that could be connected to another sensor. But the gyro needs to be able to detect movement not changes in weight. The setup in post 27 is probably the best setup in resembling a real sensor for a gyro, but I still have high hopes that some way of using balances and levers alone will create an output to the gyro.