Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police left baffled by Scottish duck mystery

UM-Bot

100 is a lot. My first thought was someone must have dumped them there, but the article has ruled that out. Ducklings flock together, it's a good job they hadn't started to wander on to the nearby road, the rest would have probably followed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That picture is so cute of them all huddled together for warmth.  Good thing someone didn't run them over beforehand :(  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, pixiii said:

That picture is so cute of them all huddled together for warmth.  Good thing someone didn't run them over beforehand :(  

I know, right?! I would love to take them in and give them a home. Hope they're doing okay.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Babe bambino said:

Im gonna need goldenduck to explain this... he left his babies here XD

They were going to cross the road to prove they weren't chicken.

But, in the end they weren't game.

• Haha 5

So who is going to pay for all these ducks ? 

Where do we send....... < wait for it, wait for it.> .. the BILL  :D 

• Haha 3

Could it be a duck nursery nearby? There are birds that look after the young, while the parents are out hunting. Penguins do this

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 12:03 AM, pixiii said:

What?? How cold is it up in scotland? I know we (england) having a shid summer so far, but 100 ducks huddling for warmth!

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

What?? How cold is it up in scotland? I know we (england) having a shid summer so far, but 100 ducks huddling for warmth!

Oh, good question, I'm in Australia and totally forgot you guys were in Summer!  I'm currently in Winter, hence I thought they'd be cold, poor lil things, silly me!:( 

• Like 1

If you see the police, duck !!!

Someone's herding dog was out and about most likely. They'll herd anything that moves. And ducks are rather compliant. They just probably figured if they didn't move the dog would go away -- AND HE DID!;)