Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A strange voice

UM-Bot

Well, I hope the person ZadGod with the story comes around to discuss, There will always be those that will try to write all things of this sort off as  psychological only phenomena and those that have to wonder if outside entities/forces are involved too. I'm going to lean to the later suspicion as I believe such things are well precedented in the annals of the paranormal, 3:00 AM is repeatedly an active time for such things, the scratches of your face, your brothers experiences too, and an overall judgment of the way it affected you to this day. 

Any theories as to who/what/why there might be activity centered on this house and room. Anything else suggestive involved with your house and family that might gives us ideas?

• Like 1

Night Hag origin
In Iceland folk culture sleep paralysis is generally called having a Mara. A goblin or a succubus (since it is generally female) believed to cause nightmares (the origin of the word 'Nightmare' itself is derived from an English cognate of her name).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_hag

The night hag was famous for riding someone, causing difficulty of breathing.

• Like 1

I've heard 3 am is commonly referred to as the witching hour. You noted almost everyone in family experienced something paranormal. (If you trust your parents, I would alert them asap). Perhaps even have someone put a blessing on door or seriously investigate situation. It sounds like you've been through torture. I don't have a crystal ball but do believe spirits can corrupt our thoughts and invade our dreams (and that it happens when we're the most vulnerable). I wish you peace and hope situation gets resolved.