Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loch Ness skipper captures 25ft image on sonar

Still Waters

A BOAT skipper has captured an incredible sonar image which he claims shows a 25ft-long Nessie lurking deep beneath the waves.

Mike Bell captured the remarkable image while he was taking a group of tourists for a trip on Loch Ness on June 27.

The sonar picture shows the bottom of the loch, a fish – and a long, thin object about 115ft (35m) below the surface.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/07/23/loch-ness-skipper-captures-sonar-image-of-25ft-creature-deep-below-the-waves/

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Loch Ness skipper captures 25ft image on sonar

It could be Nessie! Are there any known 25-foot long creatures in the loch? I doubt it. Certainly the details in the sonar are not exciting to look at unfortunately.  18 sightings in 2018 it says. What's going on? I lean to a real unidentified animal perhaps a  cousin species to the extinct plesiosaur after digesting the dozens and dozens of sources and opinions I've heard and seen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

School of fish

37 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Probably a log

From the link:

When the 24-year-old circled and took readings at the same spot the object had disappeared, tending to rule out a log or other inanimate object.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Interesting, but inconclusive. And wouldn't that make it the Logness monster Robot Jew?

Absolutely. This is my belief from now on and no-one will convince me otherwise.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

School of fish

From the link:

Rather it be a log.

Edited by Robotic Jew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Kaikou said:

Absolutely. This is my belief from now on and no-one will convince me otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Rather it be a log.

Logs don't move.  It was a school of fish.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I've seen logs move.

Granted, but probably not the ones on the floor of a lake from a point where they showed up on sonar to a point where they didn't.

• Thanks 2

Probably nessie poo

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

It could be Nessie! Are there any known 25-foot long creatures in the loch? I doubt it. Certainly the details in the sonar are not exciting to look at unfortunately.  18 sightings in 2018 it says. What's going on? I lean to a real unidentified animal perhaps a  cousin species to the extinct plesiosaur after digesting the dozens and dozens of sources and opinions I've heard and seen. 

A modern-day descendant of the plesiosaur? What makes you think this? Myself, I believe it may be a whale that enters the Loch periodically.

• Like 3

The plesiosaur or desendent theory is very weak if one just researches what experts on them ( not monster hunters ) know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Don Caesar said:

A modern-day descendant of the plesiosaur? What makes you think this? Myself, I believe it may be a whale that enters the Loch periodically.

First it looks more like a plesiosaur than a whale. Whales in fresh water? Apparently entering the loch from the open ocean is possible but limited particularly for a large animal. Also someone I respect with psychic insight says it is more like a cousin species of the plesiosaur.

I don't claim to know with certainty.

• Haha 4

@Earl.Of.Trumps, yeah fishing sonars are getting extremely accurate. And reasonably priced for great tech.

We still need more evidence! 

Not taking the p!ss, agreeing.

13 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

PS: Just a thought here, perhaps an individual in here would know what kind of fish in the loch would swim in schools of that shape.

September

• Like 1

Could be a shoal of fish. 

Could be a thermocline. 

(I'm an expert on sonar. I've watched The Hunt For Red October three times !)

• Haha 8

14 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Could be a shoal of fish. 

Could be a thermocline. 

(I'm an expert on sonar. I've watched The Hunt For Red October three times !)

I played Silent Hunter 4:P

• Haha 2

No no no! It's a rogue Steller's Sea Cow that has somehow lost its way after 250 years or so. Case closed Edith! (Though I must admit, it IS the right size and there have been sightings as recently as the 1960s so who knows?).

On 8/6/2019 at 2:19 AM, Robotic Jew said:

I've seen logs move.

You skeptical thing YOU!! :lol::lol::lol: 

I actually put more stock into this sonar pic (even though I totally admit I have absolutely no idea how to read a sonar pic! :lol: than the naturecam vid last month of those two things in the water that looked suspiciously like birds.  :rolleyes:

I would love for them to prove Nessie is real....I love it! :wub:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2