Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy, 6, thrown from 10th floor of London Tate

Still Waters

I hope the poor kid survives and fully recovers.  Sheesh... what next?

• Like 6

next is only will get worst. 

we have forgotten why there were public executions before, we need to bring them back, lets see how many copycats that will create. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49245646

A teenager has appeared in court charged with attempted murder after a six-year-old boy was allegedly thrown from the 10th floor of the Tate Modern.

The child, who was found on a fifth-floor roof after he fell from the Tate's viewing platform on Sunday, is in a critical but stable condition.

He is a French national visiting London with his family.

A 17-year-old boy was remanded in custody until an appearance at the Old Bailey on Thursday.

There is no link between the suspect and the victim, police have said.

I can't begin to think what possible motive there could be for this teenager to carry out this horror act? If it is indeed proven that he 'threw' the child off and it wasn't some sort of accident, then, I'm lost for words.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So sad and horrific. Thoughts go out to anyone affected. 

We’ll have to wait for clarification.

In this day and age, please be sure to put whatever checks you can in place to safeguard against this kind of thing happening.

Between modern mental health issues/terrorism or otherwise. Do what you can to help. 

It could be as simple as showing compassion to someone you might otherwise ridicule. Some people need the smallest excuse to take them over the edge and beyond reason.

May not be applicable to this case, but is applicable to life!

And I’m guilty of it too, not showing compassion when it may have helped more. But it’s generally calculated, and has not resulted in any extreme circumstances.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Matt Vinyl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49245646

I can't begin to think what possible motive there could be for this teenager to carry out this horror act? If it is indeed proven that he 'threw' the child off and it wasn't some sort of accident, then, I'm lost for words.

The children thrown over the edge was French and they have the teen who did it.

He has been charged with attempted murder. You know personally, I think we should do to criminals what they do to others. After a guilty conviction they should take him up and throw him off. If he survives, give him a whole life tariff in prison too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Threads Merged

1 hour ago, Matt Vinyl said:

From the link:

A six-year-old boy who fell from the 10th floor of the Tate Modern fractured his spine, a court has heard.

Prosecutors told Bromley Youth Court he also suffered a bleed to the brain and fractures to his legs and arms.

Poor boy :(

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

The children thrown over the edge was French and they have the teen who did it.

He has been charged with attempted murder. You know personally, I think we should do to criminals what they do to others. After a guilty conviction they should take him up and throw him off. If he survives, give him a whole life tariff in prison too.

They should work our the indiscretions.

• Like 2

My sympathies go out to this poor little boy and his family. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2019 at 8:01 PM, aztek said:

next is only will get worst. 

we have forgotten why there were public executions before, we need to bring them back, lets see how many copycats that will create. 

Yeah because executions are proven to work :rolleyes:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

To stop repeat offenses, yes they do work

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

If a 17 year old can attempt to kill a child like that, it's better for him and society that he be put down,no tit for tat, just humanely euthanized.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I literally did not know about these at all, thanks @docyabut2 :(  

Good god, so awful. :cry: 

• Like 2

Update:

A teenager accused of throwing a six-year-old from a balcony at Tate Modern will go on trial next year for attempted murder.

The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was remanded to youth detention after appearing at the Old Bailey.

His trial has been set for 3 February next year.

https://news.sky.com/story/teenager-accused-of-throwing-child-off-tate-modern-balcony-faces-trial-11780107

So, 6 months before his trial comes up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2019 at 10:02 PM, aztek said:

in just about every way.  

Please post sources that show states or countries with the death penalty having a lower murder or crime rate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Latest:

Tate Modern balcony push suspect named as Jonty Bravery

A teenager accused of attempting to murder a boy by throwing him from a balcony at the Tate Modern can be named after reporting restrictions expired.

Jonty Bravery, from west London, was 17 when he was charged in August and could not be named until his 18th birthday.

Mr Bravery is due to appear at a plea hearing next month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49902038

The boy's condition still isn't very good. From the same link:

In a statement released this week, his family said he "keeps on smiling and making progress bravely", but struggled "to speak, to eat or to move his body".

:(

• Sad 1

That 17 year old needs to be tried as an adult. 

19 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

That 17 year old needs to be tried as an adult. 

His anonymity was just repealed as he is now 18. 

NYPost Link

As expected, he looks like a real winner. Throw the book at this POS and then throw him off a 5 story balcony while holding the book.                                                

On 8/7/2019 at 3:11 PM, Emma_Acid said:

Name a single killer who was executed and re-offended  :w00t:

People kill each other and always will but doing so forfeits their right to continue among us unless there are extreme mitigating circumstances.