Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

plants_in_skulls

The Bennington Triangle is a localized area in Bennington Vt in which a string of disappearances from 1945 to 1950 took place. I was told by a friend who lived there that there was a red fog that would sometimes come in from the mountain, but I couldn't find anything online to substantiate her claim. Can anyone confirm or speculate? It's possible she was just ****ing with me but the hue of the fog seems to fit the common thread in all the murders: that all the victims were supposedly wearing red.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Bennington Triangle red fog

I have never heard of this place so I went and had a look-see.  It's really interesting isn't it?

I found this site which has 10 possibilities of what's happened - I noted #2 Modern Reports as quite creepy.  It sounds an incredibly desolate place and the hiking trail is over 400km long!  

https://listverse.com/2019/03/12/10-creepy-mysteries-of-the-bennington-triangle/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

some embellishment some real stuff

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 8:06 AM, plants_in_skulls said:

The Bennington Triangle is a localized area in Bennington Vt in which a string of disappearances from 1945 to 1950 took place. I was told by a friend who lived there that there was a red fog that would sometimes come in from the mountain, but I couldn't find anything online to substantiate her claim. Can anyone confirm or speculate? It's possible she was just ****ing with me but the hue of the fog seems to fit the common thread in all the murders: that all the victims were supposedly wearing red.

I have only seen a red fog one time.  It was a mercury vapor compound created as a byproduct of gold extraction.  It is poisonous.

Hmmm, this one is new to me. Interesting, looks like there may be more than just a few missing people potentially lore-wise. I love a UL with backbone.

But I haven't been able to hit the UL of red fog yet. There does seem to be a bit of superstition about wearing red while out hiking amongst the folks of the region though. Apparently it's supposed to be bad luck due to some of the missing persons lore.