Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I can’t explain this

Ashthelll

About a year ago i “believed” I had electrokinesis. Whenever I would walk into rooms the lights would flicker, and whenever I put my hand in a certain spot while it rained thunder would appear there. So I took videos. They will be linked below, but I am speaking about this now because of a recent experience, i opened my fridge to find something to eat, (I’m very picky) so I was looking around then looked at milk container because I decided to make cereal once I looked at it the top on the container flew off and landed on the floor. Idk what I have or why this is happening so if you can tell me please do. 

As you can see the videos are old and are unlinked so I can watch them anytime 

• Haha 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Ashthelll said:

I looked at it the top on the container flew off and landed on the floor. 

That is kind of impressive. That has never happened to me. The lightening video is hard to associate with your efforts. As for the light one, I'm not even sure what you wanted us to notice.

You might have some energy and then again maybe not?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ashthelll said:

About a year ago i “believed” I had electrokinesis. Whenever I would walk into rooms the lights would flicker, and whenever I put my hand in a certain spot while it rained thunder would appear there. So I took videos. They will be linked below, but I am speaking about this now because of a recent experience, i opened my fridge to find something to eat, (I’m very picky) so I was looking around then looked at milk container because I decided to make cereal once I looked at it the top on the container flew off and landed on the floor. Idk what I have or why this is happening so if you can tell me please do. 

As you can see the videos are old and are unlinked so I can watch them anytime 

I can't see any thunder in your video.

• Haha 5

Hi there @Ashthelll and welcome to UM!  :st

You'll find a healthy mix of believers and skeptics here so please don't take anything personally.  :D 

I watched your storm video and to be quite honest, I thought the lightning was purely coincidental when it flashed as you moved your hands intermittently.

For the bathroom video, I realise it probably freaked you out a bit however, I thought it was the normal flicker that lights have.  It doesn't appear to be an led light, is it a globe light instead?  Not that I know if led's flicker less in comparison to globes, but perhaps someone can answer that.  I know it used to happen a lot in our house before I had all of them switched over to led lighting.  Now we don't get flickering at all.  I used to think it was a small surge in electricity that causes it, but I'm not an electrician. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, toast said:

OMG @toast I have never seen that and I almost died laughing (evidently I did not) watching it! :rofl::lol: 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That is kind of impressive. That has never happened to me. The lightening video is hard to associate with your efforts. As for the light one, I'm not even sure what you wanted us to notice.

You might have some energy and then again maybe not?

The light flickers at around :10- :17 That was the first time I ever tried that in the location. And with the lightning one that happens to me all the time. I place my hand where ever and the lightning strikes there... I’ve even had two lighting bolts happen in the same place. Also I  went back to the kitchen after the post and tried the to move the milk cap and it moved a bit. Ever since I’ve been too excited and couldn’t  concentrate to do it again 

• Like 1

When grunting are you like powering up?

• Haha 4

How to have magic powers:

1. Wait for lightning storm, then wave hands about and act like you are making the lightening strike (even though it has zero to do with you)

2. Find defective flickering light bulb (or live in house with power fluctuations), then wave hands about and act like you are making it flicker (even though it has zero to do with you)

What is it with being 14-15 and thinking you control time and space?

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Ashthelll said:

The light flickers at around :10- :17 That was the first time I ever tried that in the location. And with the lightning one that happens to me all the time. I place my hand where ever and the lightning strikes there... I’ve even had two lighting bolts happen in the same place. Also I  went back to the kitchen after the post and tried the to move the milk cap and it moved a bit. Ever since I’ve been too excited and couldn’t  concentrate to do it again 

The milk cap thing and perhaps the light flicker does sound interesting. Perhaps you have more energy than most at your young age. Check out the internet. There are exercises and discussions about improving your psychokinetic abilities. 

I'd love to see a video of the milk cap moving someday.:D

• Like 1

@Ashthelll  If this concerns you, I suggest you get reiki attunements.  The electrical stuff will probably clear up if you do that.  We all have electricity in our bodies, some people carry around a large charge, maybe a mental thing, but rieki will help.

P.S.  The milk lid think made me think you might have spoilt milk and the pressure from the gases might have popped the lid.  You have to eliminate the mundane before you can explore the possible paranormal.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Electro-Fog Man is UM member now.

• Haha 1

We are surrounded in our homes by fields of interacting electromagnetic fields. Most of the time we are unaware of it and have almost no interaction or influence on it.  There are times though that this changes. I've experienced similar things in my past and as I think about it this was also for me at a tie in my mid to late teens. I offer that it is possibly just a currently not known or understood part of our environment and is an unstudied natural phenomenon rather than a paranormal one. 

Along with the blinky lights, I also would walk into a room where the radio was playing and it would just suddenly stop making any sound. One night a couple of friends and I played with this for a couple of hours and found that there were specific places in the room where I could cause this by moving my hand in and out of a small area. It didn't seem to be affected by the others.

Later in life, I found that for some reason my conductivity was very different from other people. I pass electricity through my body with much less resistance than nearly anyone else that I tested. I checked this with an ohmmeter. Lick your fingers to ensure a good contact and hole a probe in each hand and see how much resistance you read. 

I suspect that if science would make an effort to actually study some of the paranormal things with an open mind that they would find real natural causes for many of the unexplained things that happen. In the end, though you need to relax and explore this. I ran across several other things as tested and researched my "abilities". LOL, I desperately wanted to develop telekinesis. I worked with moving things trying to make them act as I wished. I specifically worked with dice and a roulette wheel. There were at times periods with anomalous results but in the end, I never greatly exceeded the laws of probability. 

What I did discover over time was that I am slightly clairvoyant and when I was guessing what would happen instead of trying to influence it that I could regularly exceed the mathematical odds. Understand though that even in this, the odds may be one in a million but that doesn't mean that it is impossible. What it means is that if enough tries are made that it is CERTAIN that some will be the ones that hit that one in a million shot so it still may not be truly paranormal. 

Edited by DanL
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

People will believe anything if it'll make them feel 'special'.:rolleyes:

And some put other peoples belief's down to make themselves feel special.:sleepy:

Edited by openozy
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, XenoFish said:

People will believe anything if it'll make them feel 'special'.:rolleyes:

17 hours ago, moonman said:

How to have magic powers:

1. Wait for lightning storm, then wave hands about and act like you are making the lightening strike (even though it has zero to do with you)

2. Find defective flickering light bulb (or live in house with power fluctuations), then wave hands about and act like you are making it flicker (even though it has zero to do with you)

What is it with being 14-15 and thinking you control time and space?

I didn’t “think” I had any powers. I came here to see what other people thought and was happy with the responses of why this happened. You don’t have to be a ******* 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It's over 9000!!!

I didn’t “think” I had any powers. I came here to see what other people thought and was happy with the responses of why this happened. You don’t have to be a *******

19 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

When grunting are you like powering up?

I was just seeing what people thought... you don’t have to be a b**** 

1 hour ago, Ashthelll said:

I was just seeing what people thought... you don’t have to be a b**** 

So you grunt to see what people think?

2 hours ago, Ashthelll said:

You don't have a 'power'. Do you have a sense of humor? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

To me the lightening video was a bit impressive but at times it looked like the lightening came seconds before you moved your hand. It looks more coincidental. 

The light video looks like a lightbulb that needs to be changed or something like that — what a light normally does. 

For the top of the milk coming off by you looking at it, that’s really cool, would also love to see a video of that (if you’re able do record one). :tu:

You should try to strengthen the telekinesis you think you have, some of the members above actually put out some pretty useful information, and I’m sure you’ll be able to find many websites or videos, and even people relating to this matter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ashthelll said:

You claimed to control electricity, which is nonsense.

When you post silly nonsense you should expect silly nonsense in return. Claiming to have control over the weather is the silliest nonsense around.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1