Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rocket launcher handed in during gun surrender

Still Waters

22 minutes ago, aztek said:

yes you can because another punch may kill you. do not punch people and you wont get killed, simple enough.

I hope the day never comes when you can't have a good old punch up in the UK, to think you guys tamed the west (that was us really :)) and now your scared of a punch.

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

On samurai swords and gun licences..? 

The one where I say

Yes they are.  I had forgotten  Pen knives may be carried as long as the blade does not lock and the blade is under 3 inches.  Mine would not be legal there.

A few posts above yours. ;)

2 hours ago, Setton said:

The UK didn't have slavery or racism? 

OK, then......

Mad as a box of frogs. 

Unless you're white, he's black and it's in the wrong town. Then he can be unarmed and backing away and it's fine to shoot him apparently. 

He had not begun moving away when the round was fired AND his loud-mouthed partner was moving at the same time.  It was NOT a cut and dried situation and a decent attorney will beat the rap of "murder".  At MOST, he'll be charged with manslaughter and even that is a stretch.  

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

civilians are not the ones jailing people,  gvmnt does, when they specifically said no punishment,   

I think it is safe to say that there would not need to be any punishment for most of those who are handing them in, surely someone who has used their gun or knife in a murder, would not hand it in in the first place. But if one dumb criminal does, then for sure, jail them. 

I can not see a criminal handing in their weapons. 

I am also confused as to why a criminal who hands in a weapon which  has been used in a crime , should posibly be allowed to get away with it just because they are dumb enough to hand the weapon in.

Do you think they should be allowed to get away with a past crime because they have handed in their weapons? 

1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

I hope the day never comes when you can't have a good old punch up in the UK, to think you guys tamed the west (that was us really :)) and now your scared of a punch.

we had people die from 1 punch, especially when someone strong punches,  brain is very delicate, a swelling from a punch can kill you and has on numerous occasions,  

VIDEO: CCTV footage of man killed by single punch released by police

https://www.independent.ie/videos/world-news/video-cctv-footage-of-man-killed-by-single-punch-released-by-police-36792862.html

One-punch deaths: How lives are devastated by a single blow

Brooklyn Man Killed In Random Sucker Punch Attack

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/07/18/suspect-kills-man-sucker-punch/

39 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

You can kill someone who punched you, i've never been one to criticise other countries laws but that's sick, but that's up to you if that's how you like it. 

Really?  Well educate yourself then with this BBC article:  One punch deaths, how lives are devastated with a single blow.

Trevor Timon has been convicted of killing bank worker Oliver Dearlove with a single punch. It's not the first case of its kind to make headlines, but how does one punch kill someone and what are the consequences for those involved?

Robert Holland had been on a rare night out after months of working seven-day weeks.

Before the 36-year-old went to the Oceana nightclub in Nottingham, he phoned his mother, Therese, to tell her he would visit her the next day.

It was the last time they spoke.

Hours later, in the early morning of 28 October 2011, Robert suffered fatal brain injuries from just one punch.

Link

If someone is determined to fight me then they are going to be determined to fight someone who will be trying to kill them, because I don't start fights and I'm not going to let you do anything to me without paying for it.

1 hour ago, Setton said:

On samurai swords and gun licences..? 

Oh I see what the issue is.  My browser keeps numbering the post starting from one on each page.

Just now, hetrodoxly said:

Go on then, how many people in America have died from a single punch.

enough to not let anyone punch you.   

Edited by aztek

Do you have numbers?

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2015/07/one-punch_killings_they_happen.html

so far this is all i found so far,   no usa numbers, but 90 people were killed with one punch in Australia over 15 years, probably more than from shootings in the same time frame

Edited by aztek

more on australia, no usa numbers yet

One-punch assaults have claimed at least 100 lives across Australia in the past 15 years.

But the toll of the “knockout” blows is likely much higher, with the Victorian researcher who initially reviewed 90 deaths between 2000 and 2012 able only to examine closed cases.

Jennifer Pilgrim, a research fellow in Monash University’s Department of Forensic Medicine and the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, said coroners had released findings in another 10 deaths when she updated her data last year but there were more cases before the courts.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/one-punch-death-toll-is-much-higher-ng-ya-126952

now if that happens in  peaceful none violent Australia, USA numbers will be at least 10 fold, much more than mass shootings

Here is more from  Scotland

PUNCH SHOCK 

Four children responsible for one-punch kills in Scotland in the last year, shock figures reveal

The new stats come as cops and medics join forces to warn about the lifelong consequences one punch can cause

Between 2017 and 2018, six people in Scotland died as the result of a single punch.

On four of those occasions the thug responsible was under 18 - with booze also blamed for four incidents.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3613940/scotland-one-punch-children-killed-police/

Edited by aztek

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

more on australia, no usa numbers yet

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/one-punch-death-toll-is-much-higher-ng-ya-126952

now if that happens in  peaceful none violent Australia, USA numbers will be at least 10 fold, much more than mass shootings

Less than ten a year, more than that have been killed in America by shooting while we've been posting, you don't know Aussies do you, i bet there's more punch ups in the pubs than there in in America.

Less than ten a year, more than that have been killed in America by shooting while we've been posting, you don't know Aussies do you, i bet there's more punch ups in the pubs than there in in America.

how many should there be?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

This is what you used to be like :) my favourite film of all time.

If you believe that this spirit is gone, you’re kidding yourself.  You’d just need to spend a little time outside the Dem controlled cities.  Those Uber “civilized” city types like to look down the nose and tell us we are ignorant trash but they do it on internet fora or anywhere they aren’t face to face.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

I’ll use my situation as an example. I have a degenerative spine condition and getting beaten down by a younger, stronger man could put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I owe NO ONE the right to do that to me.  Anyone that tries is apt to assume room temperature.

36 minutes ago, aztek said:

how many should there be?

Well there's what's known as a 'reasonable risk' more people die from tripping on a step, but your statement couldn't be more ironic, because i hear it every week on the news from a family grieving over the loss of their innocent child who's been shot. 

32 minutes ago, and then said:

I’ll use my situation as an example. I have a degenerative spine condition and getting beaten down by a younger, stronger man could put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I owe NO ONE the right to do that to me.  Anyone that tries is apt to assume room temperature.

That's something completely different, we're talking about you can kill someone who's punched you on the nose in an argument.

46 minutes ago, and then said:

If you believe that this spirit is gone, you’re kidding yourself.  You’d just need to spend a little time outside the Dem controlled cities.  Those Uber “civilized” city types like to look down the nose and tell us we are ignorant trash but they do it on internet fora or anywhere they aren’t face to face.  

Many yanks talk like John Wayne but any coward can shoot you, i'm not against gun ownership in America if you want to kill each other that's up to you, i was just showing my surprise at the fact you could kill someone for punching you.

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

No.  You can not.  It is illegal for you to have a knife and you will at a minimum receive the same charges as your attacker.

Not even a kitchen knife?  Do chefs have to register their tools too?

8 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

If he comes at you then yes you can shoot him.

If he starts backing off and running away then you cannot. Even if he is carrying some of your property.

But you could tackle him and hold him until the police come?  No property is worth killing someone over so that makes sense to me.

8 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Guns and knives aren't illegal, the law is you can't use them in self defence, you can take a fixed blade knife hunting, fishing, camping etc, if you take one to the pub you'll be prosecuted.

Well, of course you would because that is premeditation, taking a knife to the pub.  Even if you thought you needed it for defense, it makes no sense to take it to the pub.  If you are worried about needing to defend yourself at the pub then you need to stay home.