Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rocket launcher handed in during gun surrender


Still Waters
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, aztek said:

same thing here,  13% commits 90% violent crimes, and 60% of all murders.  but they blame it on culture, effects of slavery, what a load of crap.  uk had none of that yet they act exactly the same way,  why?

The UK didn't have slavery or racism? 

OK, then......

Mad as a box of frogs. 

5 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

If you were fitting carpet and someone attacked you with a knife it would be justifiable to defend yourself with the  knife you were using the same as if you were out hunting, but if someone punched you and you stabbed and killed them at best you get manslaughter but more than likely you'd be prosecuted for murder, i'd imagine this would be the same in America.

Unless you're white, he's black and it's in the wrong town. Then he can be unarmed and backing away and it's fine to shoot him apparently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Setton said:

The UK didn't have slavery or racism? 

 

slavery was replaced with serfdom in 1200s learn you own history.  oh, btw thanks for bringing slavery back to usa. 

of course you had racism, you still do, and you are shining example,.

 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

of course they do, why else do they go into gvmnt for?  to live a luxury life above the law on your dime, but i doubt it has anything in common with minority violence.   looking at all countries where it happens i'm inclined to think it is genetic.  i just can't see any other explanation to that phenomenon 

Violence is seen as acceptable behaviour, same as lying & cheating is seen as acceptable by the folks in charge of us all.

Poor role models, a poor upbringing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Yeah.  I carry one everywhere I go and use it almost daily for one thing or another and has never been used as a weapon.  As a matter of fact this has been my practice since I was a boy.  It's perfectly safe and reasonable for me to carry it.  In your country I would be forbidden because some inner city thug may carry one and the fact is the ban on casually carrying one doesn't stop the thugs from doing so.  Were I there I would consider this unreasonable and it's difficult for me to understand how you can't.  

I'm not assigning the same value to my knife as to a gun as a gun has only one purpose and it's reasonable that you have effectively banned them in your nation if that's how the majority want it to be, but please don't pretend that guns and knives are legal there.  They are only legal under extremely narrow conditions.

I'm not pretending anything, what i posted about knives is true, it's not hard to own a gun, shotguns are easy to get a licence for, you have to give a reason for owning a firearm, hunting and sport are the only reason they'll allow you a licence other than needing one for your job, the best way to go about it is join a club, at some you can do a course shooting all types generally shot in the UK, even black powder 'i done the cowboy course' :) cap & ball' i've shot all my life and have owned some nice guns i also make and forge knives i have an everyday carry on my belt, but i live out in the sticks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Violence is seen as acceptable behaviour, same as lying & cheating is seen as acceptable by the folks in charge of us all.

Poor role models, a poor upbringing.

of course,  they lie and cheat,because they can, and always get away.  

poor role models and poor upbringing in every country in the world? does not sound probable to me, if it was localized, it somewhat would,, but it is not. 

Edited by aztek
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

You can also own any gun if its an antique and you inherit it.

I knew someone with 200 year old muskets on his wall.

You can own a gun if it's an obsolete calibre, you can buy on the internet, £200 will get you a European pin fire revolver delivered to your door, £1500 will get you a colt navy sheriff in very good condition without a licence, the most bizarre thing is you'll need a licence for a replica. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, aztek said:

of course,  they lie and cheat,because they can, and always get away.  

poor role models and poor upbringing in every country in the world? does not sound probable to me, if it was localized, it somewhat would,, but it is not. 

Children imitate their Elders.  It's a human thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

A pen knife has a short blade and is foldable.

They are legal.

in nyc  any folding knife is illegal, 4 inch fixed blade is legal to carry, concealed, a folder will get you 1 year in jail, with no prior record.

however cops abuse that law for the sake of convictions and quota,  they arrest construction workers who went to launch , and had folding utility knife on them.  utility knife has a blabe about 3/4 -1 inch

Edited by aztek
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

but if someone punched you and you stabbed and killed them at best you get manslaughter but more than likely you'd be prosecuted for murder, i'd imagine this would be the same in America.

I doubt it.  As long as you didn't stab them 20 times while they lay helpless on the ground you would go home that night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, aztek said:

slavery was replaced with serfdom in 1200s learn you own history.  oh, btw thanks for bringing slavery back to usa. 

Hey, not bad for you! 

You're only 633 years out... 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_Abolition_Act_1833

(p.s serfdom predates the 1200s it was on the decline from the 13c.)

Quote

of course you had racism, you still do, and you are shining example,

 

5fb48aa09ad743fbff1cf3e8b0991eb9.jpg

Edited by Setton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Please see post number 16

On samurai swords and gun licences..? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Unless you're white, he's black and it's in the wrong town. Then he can be unarmed and backing away and it's fine to shoot him apparently. 

A new study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences demolishes the Democratic narrative regarding race and police shootings, which holds that white officers are engaged in an epidemic of racially biased shootings of black men. It turns out that white officers are no more likely than black or Hispanic officers to shoot black civilians. It is a racial group’s rate of violent crime that determines police shootings, not the race of the officer. The more frequently officers encounter violent suspects from any given racial group, the greater the chance that members of that racial group will be shot by a police officer. In fact, if there is a bias in police shootings after crime rates are taken into account, it is against white civilians, the study found

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/07/white-cops-dont-commit-more-shootings/

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I doubt it.  As long as you didn't stab them 20 times while they lay helpless on the ground you would go home that night.

You can kill someone who punched you, i've never been one to criticise other countries laws but that's sick, but that's up to you if that's how you like it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

A new study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences demolishes the Democratic narrative regarding race and police shootings, which holds that white officers are engaged in an epidemic of racially biased shootings of black men. It turns out that white officers are no more likely than black or Hispanic officers to shoot black civilians. It is a racial group’s rate of violent crime that determines police shootings, not the race of the officer. The more frequently officers encounter violent suspects from any given racial group, the greater the chance that members of that racial group will be shot by a police officer. In fact, if there is a bias in police shootings after crime rates are taken into account, it is against white civilians, the study found

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/07/white-cops-dont-commit-more-shootings/

Probably should have been clearer but I was referring to the specific incident last year (I think?) when a guy who was harassing a woman in a car park shot her partner while he was backing away. 

And so many people here thought that was perfectly fine, and the same ones are now saying we should have the same set up. No thanks. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2019 at 2:05 PM, hetrodoxly said:

I don't see the point of handing in a deactivated gun?

$  :w00t:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

You can own a gun if it's an obsolete calibre, you can buy on the internet, £200 will get you a European pin fire revolver delivered to your door, £1500 will get you a colt navy sheriff in very good condition without a licence, the most bizarre thing is you'll need a licence for a replica. 

here you can buy a black powder revolver, which is legal even in nyc, as long as you do not have caps, powder and bullets,  however there are replacement cylinders sold that use modern ammo,  we also have shotgun barrel liners, you can insert it into a shotgun barrel and have a rifle of any caliber. neither cylinders not liners are regulated, but i have not heard of single crime committed using those.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

You can kill someone who punched you, i've never been one to criticise other countries laws but that's sick, but that's up to you if that's how you like it. 

yes you can because another punch may kill you. do not punch people and you wont get killed, simple enough.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2019 at 3:51 PM, aztek said:

can't trust gvmnt in anything

All going ok till this last bit.

Can't trust some civilians either, wonder how many have not handed in their weapons, and this is in Hampshire, not exactly the crime capital of England.

Edited by freetoroam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

Probably should have been clearer but I was referring to the specific incident last year (I think?) when a guy who was harassing a woman in a car park shot her partner while he was backing away. 

And so many people here thought that was perfectly fine, and the same ones are now saying we should have the same set up. No thanks. 

I remember that event.  The guy WAS meddling in a stranger's actions but her partner didn't ask him to stop.  He charged out and slammed him to the ground, blindsiding him.  When that video is inspected carefully, a case can definitely be made that the shooter (the guy slammed to the ground) could see both the woman and her partner moving at the same time and he could have processed it as a continuing threat.  If someone did that to me while I'm out walking, it might well turn out to be the last mistake they ever made.  Of course, the difference is that I wouldn't have given them even a poor excuse for their actions.  I don't bother anyone at all and never even set foot on anyone's property so the whole blindsiding thing would be a level of aggression that could be construed to mean lethal intent.  That's all that is required here.  A person must meet the standard of what a "reasonable" person would believe to be a threat to their life.  The take-away lesson is "don't lay hands on a stranger and expect no consequences".  The guy was shot dead for losing his temper and behaving aggressively enough to make the idiot feel his life was being threatened.

Also, the big bad partner had a rap sheet a mile long and had a tendency to attack rather than talk.  He basically pulled his macho crap once too often and it got him dead.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

All going ok till this last bit.

Can't trust some civilians either, wonder how many have not handed in their weapons, and this is in Hampshire, not exactly the crime capital of England.

civilians are not the ones jailing people,  gvmnt does, when they specifically said no punishment,   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

All going ok till this last bit.

Can't trust some civilians either, wonder how many have not handed in their weapons, and this is in Hampshire, not exactly the crime capital of England.

People tend to make their decisions based more on their outlook regarding threats and the relative costs of obeying the law.  It would be easier in England to prosecute the few who decided to keep their weapons.  Over here, they don't have enough jail cells to accommodate the numbers of "lawbreakers" that would be created by such legislation.  This is why I believe that if a Federal government chooses to criminalize 2A, we'd see a defacto Secessionist movement.  They'd call it "Second Amendment Sanctuary Status" or something similar.  It has already happened in a majority of New Mexico county governments.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

here you can buy a black powder revolver, which is legal even in nyc, as long as you do not have caps, powder and bullets,  however there are replacement cylinders sold that use modern ammo,  we also have shotgun barrel liners, you can insert it into a shotgun barrel and have a rifle of any caliber. neither cylinders not liners are regulated, but i have not heard of single crime committed using those.

It's the same here, you can own a black powder revolver, but need a licence to shoot it but it'd not hard to get one, some are getting around the law here by having modern revolvers converted for black powder but they're not shooting 'ball' a lead bullet goes into the chamber then a measured charge and the cap from a shotgun cartridge, how long they'll allow this im not sure, we've always had sleeves to slide into shotgun barrels here, gamekeepers would often open a cartridge and pour wax into it, the effect is a big bullet, if you keep your nose clean for 5 years the police will usually give you an open licence and trust you to make the right decisions on what to shoot and where to shoot it, that's not a bad thing it's like serving an apprenticeship. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That "rocket launcher" is just a used LAWS tube.  It's a one-time use and dispose of unit.  You see them in movies occasionally and they look like bottle rockets with a streaming tail of sparks coming from them.  In reality it sounds like the world's loudest shotgun and it covers distance to target nearly like a bullet.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.