Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
rashore

The Magus of Delaware

rashore

The words ‘Renaissance Man’ are so often applied to those who fail to live up to its true meaning. The popular image of a well-rounded hero tends to be personified in the form of the scientist who can compose sonnets, or the bloated plutocrat who races yachts. If a scientist dares take up the tarot, he is branded with the ‘kook’ label, and anything he may say about his field is automatically suspect. Contrary to mass opinion and the high priests of the scientific citadel, the intuitive arts are intimately connected with advances in many fields, whether they are publicly acknowledged or not. The person who can truly appreciate and use all the intellectual and emotional tools that are available to us can often transcend common knowledge and evolve the race.

Psychologist Mario Pazzaglini was well aware of the resonance between the arts and sciences, and used it in ways that helped everyone who crossed his path. He used his doctorate as a secret pass, drawing on a mixture of disciplines and interests that not only helped the patients in his practice, but helped him to develop his own personal system of esoteric ‘magick’. This allowed him and his intimates and colleagues to gain more understanding of deeper and higher realities than most of us are even aware.

https://www.dailygrail.com/2019/08/the-magus-of-delaware-from-renaissance-magic-to-alien-languages/

• Like 2

XenoFish

The always quotable Aliester Crowley said that magick is the art of getting reality to conform to will. 

Magick is the science and art of causing change in conformity with will. The exact statement.

So Dr. Mario was plumbing the depth of his mind. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 3

XenoFish

Just to add. I'd say I have an honest respect for his psychonaut explorations. Better than some of that I've read. Bardon is pretty solid, but Crowley is horrible. 

• Like 2

Piney
26 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Just to add. I'd say I have an honest respect for his psychonaut explorations. Better than some of that I've read. Bardon is pretty solid, but Crowley is horrible. 

His "alien writing" is a modified Algonquian syllabary.

But then again, so is everybody else's. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

Alchopwn

Another somewhat figure who springs to mind as a scientist who drifted into the occult is the rocket chemist Jack Parsons, who became a Crowleyist.  Is anyone watching Strange Angel LINK?