Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunting “Deplorables”

and-then

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/the-hunt-movie-deplorables

This from the same group that are screaming at Trump for his lack of civility. You can’t make this stuff up. So, anyone here think this is funny or appropriate?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

I think it is absolutely appropriate. It shows the far left for what they really are. Deplorable.

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Ahhh, the leftist dream. <_<

They are playing with fire and it will burn them if they keep it up.  As long as they have the media backing them with propaganda, they think they can create their own reality and the real world is going to bite them when they least suspect it.  

• Like 1

I saw a old guy in the Doctors Office the other day with a MAGA hat on. I had to smirk. The left falsely equates MAGA with making America white again. But do you remember the show Dragnet? Remember those two detectives in L.A? They didn't go after gangs because at the time there weren't any. In the 60's, only one gang came along in L.A. The Crips,  Now, In Maxine Waters district alone there are over 400 gangs. Is America still as great as they say? L.A is a poor example if so.This is just one city, and one example of an America that isn't what it used to be.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Sad 1

Everything that is wrong in society in one show. What the hell are these people thinking?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This may get lost in the performative outrage, but y'all do realize that it's a "The Most Dangerous Game" type move where the evil elite people are going to get killed in the end?

All one has to do is watch the trailer. It ain't as if the evil hunter people  are being painted as the good guys. Perhaps instead of letting news outlets foment your outrage people could think for themselves.

Now there's a high concept movie idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All this outrage, of course, comes from the same people who talk obliquely about new civil wars, and how many people will die if the guvmint comes for their guns.

Spare me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

All this outrage, of course, comes from the same people who talk obliquely about new civil wars, and how many people will die if the guvmint comes for their guns.

Spare me.

It's satire.

Who are the snowflakes again?

• Like 3

Personally I think it captures everything that is wrong with what we view as the problem with gun culture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It took me all of about thirty seconds to find an article (not from Fox) which lays out the plot and shows the original name was Red state vs Blue state and the hunted are from both political and ideological backgrounds. I also didn't see any outrage about the Purge movie series which were full of the same stereotypes about both sides. The fact the plot revolves around "global elites" doing the hunting says way more about the nature of this than anything which is the dogwhistle of dogwhistles for "Jews" and not in the nicer usage of the term. That it is satire also seems lost on people getting their panties in a twist seems as though exploitative movies about stereotypes usually get made about minorities and women. This one doesn't come close to even out the score shall we say of exploitation movies. How many movies are out there where the white Republican is the bad guy vs anyone else? Red State by Kevin Smith maybe but he was going after the Phelps cult than Republicans in that one. 

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Spare me.

Wrong.  The outrage is coming from ordinary people across every walk of life , like me, who see themselves in the people killed in Dayton and El Paso....killed by sick individuals who don't see the satire in such shows...but are rather motivated by them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, joc said:

Wrong.  The outrage is coming from ordinary people across every walk of life , like me, who see themselves in the people killed in Dayton and El Paso....killed by sick individuals who don't see the satire in such shows...but are rather motivated by them.  

And here I completely missed any reference to that in the El Paso manifesto.  Must have been buried somewhere.  Or are you making it up?

Honestly, I don't even need to ask.  I know you're making it up.

Lookie, I can make stuff up for you to be outraged about too.

Did you know that on Christmas Eve an undocumented migrant comes down the chimney to bribe your kids with gifts made by slave labor?  Better grab your gun and wait up for him.  Wouldn't want him to keep getting away with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Spare me.

I doubt that would be possible. The agitators will be too prominent to be missed

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

It's satire.

Who are the snowflakes again?

So the theme is acceptable so long as both sides are hunted?  This movie theme is disgusting no mater who gets targeted and those who giv it a pass show themselves for what they would rather conceal

• Thanks 1

Just now, and then said:

So the theme is acceptable so long as both sides are hunted?  This movie theme is disgusting no mater who gets targeted and those who giv it a pass show themselves for what they would rather conceal

So the theme and all it's adaptations since 1932 are disgusting as well?

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

So the theme and all it's adaptations since 1932 are disgusting as well?

I really don’t think you can blow enough smoke to obscure what you find acceptable 

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I really don’t think you can blow enough smoke to obscure what you find acceptable 

Matthew 7:5

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah didn't see any outrage from the peanut gallery over this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surviving_the_Game homeless black man hunted

Or these (lot of women hunted)

https://www.fandom.com/articles/10-great-humans-hunting-humans-movies

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

And here I completely missed any reference to that in the El Paso manifesto.  Must have been buried somewhere.  Or are you making it up?

Yeah, well...right now...even as I write this...other nut jobbers are out there planning who knows what for who knows whatever reason.  We don't need to be fanning the flames of hatred.

Besides that...I don't find anything funny about shows depicting people hunting down other people...

Plus...I loathe hollywood...if you want to watch the drivel  of balding, fat 40 year old coke addicts with  a twisted political agenda..that's your business.  I find it appalling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, joc said:

Yeah, well...right now...even as I write this...other nut jobbers are out there planning who knows what for who knows whatever reason.  We don't need to be fanning the flames of hatred.

Besides that...I don't find anything funny about shows depicting people hunting down other people...

Plus...I loathe hollywood...if you want to watch the drivel  of balding, fat 40 year old coke addicts with  a twisted political agenda..that's your business.  I find it appalling.

Great, you made up the connection to justify your loathing.  You talk about an appalling, twisted agenda - and you're lying about real (not fictional) mass killings.

It's shameful.

Hmm... the review makes it sound rather jolly ! I might track this down if it ever comes on Netflix. :) 

• Like 1

What?  Nobody has ever seen a movie in which they hunt "the ultimate prey"?

v1.bjs3MzA1MTk7ajsxODE0MzsxMjAwOzM5NDA7N

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What?  Nobody has ever seen a movie in which they hunt "the ultimate prey"?

v1.bjs3MzA1MTk7ajsxODE0MzsxMjAwOzM5NDA7N

He uses a shotgun to chop down a tree in that movie. 

• Haha 1