Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunting “Deplorables”

and-then

17 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

No, apparently it's a line in a article in The Hollywood Reporter.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/liberals-hunt-conservatives-film/

I thought it was in the trailer that was posted on line. Snopes isn't  really reliable anymore ever since the whole divorce/prostitute/embezzelment thing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, and then said:

Apparently, a few here are willing to defend damned near anything in pursuit of the Left Right paradigm.  

Looks that way :)  But I bet I'm the only right winger around that backs the Palestinians v Israel.

Remember the good old days when we had a dedicated board Israel and Palestine? OMG!! I wasn't in there for the big explosion but Saru eliminated the whole board. Yowzers.  Oh, the memories lol

25 minutes ago, skliss said:

I thought it was in the trailer that was posted on line. Snopes isn't  really reliable anymore ever since the whole divorce/prostitute/embezzelment thing.

I can't hear it in the trailer.  At best you can hear Swank's character say the hunted are "not human beings."  Wikipedia says it was line heard in the trailer, but it's sources don't actually state the same.

IMDB says it's another treatment of The Most Dangerous Game.  If it is another formulaic story of Elites v Commons we can guess the the Commons are the protagonists and will find success.

Most of the media reports seem to be relying heavily on article by The Hollywood Reporter ("THR").  Given your prejudice against snopes.com, is there a satisfactory alternative and reliable source to check facts?  Would you normally trust THR?

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

No, apparently it's a line in a article in The Hollywood Reporter.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/liberals-hunt-conservatives-film/

This quote from the snopes article says it all....and quite a bit about some of our forum brethren

Equally, it should be obvious to any mature consumer of culture that a movie that portrays wealthy psychopaths paying to hunt and kill other human beings is not likely to reflect well on the wealthy psychopaths, despite PJ Media’s claim that “The Hunt” actually “promotes violence against ‘deplorables.'”

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I can't hear it in the trailer.  At best you can hear Swank's character say the hunted are "not human beings."  Wikipedia says it was line heard in the trailer, but it's sources don't actually state the same.

IMDB says it's another treatment of The Most Dangerous Game.  If it is another formulaic story of Elites v Commons we can guess the the Commons are the protagonists and will find success.

Most of the media reports seem to be relying heavily on article by The Hollywood Reporter ("THR").  Given your prejudice against snopes.com, is there a satisfactory alternative and reliable source to check facts?  Would you normally trust THR?

I must be having one of those Mandella effect (is that what's it's called?) moments because I thought I heard it when parts of the trailer were played on tv. I've never read he Hollywood reporter so, don't care what they say. I guess watching the trailer again would work unless they've altered it. And altering it would take care of the problem as we don't need another crazy thinking the movie is "speaking" to them or something.

I do find it amusing that this movie triggered a reaction but movies like, "The Purge" get a thumbs up and sighs of, "I wish we could do this in real life."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But @Gromdor, you have to admit, this movie hit an awful lot of politically charged, angry people right in the breadbasket.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

But @Gromdor, you have to admit, this movie hit an awful lot of politically charged, angry people right in the breadbasket.

No it didnt. The victimhood propaganda masters on the right did.

I get the comparison to the most dangerous game, etc but that movie wasnt "satirical " I wonder what about This one makes it so.

Anyway, from yahoo....the movie distribution has been cancelled and I'm going to quote the description...

"Starring Betty Gilpin and Hilary Swank, The Hunt tells the story of rich elites who kidnap normal people from Republican-voting heartland states like Wyoming and Mississippi and then set them loose in the wild to be hunted by people who pay for the privilege"

If it's not a pointed message, you can see how from descriptions like this one people would get that impression.

12 hours ago, skliss said:

If it's not a pointed message, you can see how from descriptions like this one people would get that impression.

No I genuinely cant. Do you honestly not understand that the ones doing the hunting are the bad guys? 

I cant believe the victim culture allowed this story to get so huge.

14 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

No I genuinely cant. Do you honestly not understand that the ones doing the hunting are the bad guys? 

I cant believe the victim culture allowed this story to get so huge.

I didn't say I don't get the premise, or that it most likely doesn't have anything to do with a political agenda, I'm saying that the way these articles are reporting it makes it SEEM that way.

• Like 1