Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I cant think of a good title

the13bats

17 minutes ago, the13bats said:

thats true, jim, but no other potus has said the stuff trump says.

What are some of the things he's said that you find so offensive?  He's been constantly misquoted and has had things attributed to him that he never said at all.  I agree he's not the smoothest, most refined speaker and should often keep his mouth shut or his thumbs tied but none of that detracts from the job he's doing for the country.  I much prefer coarse words combined with positive action to eloquent puffery coming from an empty suit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

El Paso shooter was inspired by trump and his anti immigrant rhetoric.

The guy lived in Texas, the front line of illegal immigration.  Are you sure he didn't come to his twisted views on his own?  It's hard to believe he just passively watched his state and country being invaded for years and then a few words from Trump sent him over the edge.

• Like 1

Just now, Big Jim said:

The guy lived in Texas, the front line of illegal immigration.  Are you sure he didn't come to his twisted views on his own?  It's hard to believe he just passively watched his state and country being invaded for years and then a few words from Trump sent him over the edge.

He used the same xenophobic language that trump, and you, use in his manifesto. And his views are in line with those of trump and other white nationalists, i.e. tucker kkkarlson, Laura Ingraham, etc

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

He used the same xenophobic language that trump, and you, use in his manifesto.

Me?  Xenophobic language?  Can you show me an instance or two?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

If, as you said, "i dont recall any and wasnt into politics," then how would you know?

you confirmed it for me, you just dont seem to like my view point of it,  i get it you love trump for his lowbrow everyman appeal, i didnt say thats a bad thing, its great with construction workers used cars salemen etc but trumps potus, my issues is he goes too far with the disparaging remarks and hate.

Otherwise he doesnt do too badly i even like some of his work  but his mouth ruins a lot which is sad.

and no, i didnt support h clinton or obama, both who had their day and now are off the radar.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Strange as it may seem, these are the very traits that cause me to like him.  I've had a life time of mealy mouthed politicians whose personality changes with the wind and who say whatever the current audience wants to hear.  Trump is like a construction worker in a suit.  My favorite people have always been like him.  My favorite boss was a guy who would tell you flat out in a meeting "nope, I don't like that idea.  Next."  Much better than the ones who would say "well, I'll have to look into that.  Why don't you form a committee?"  Obama could talk a cat out of a tree.  He told the most eloquent lies, but he didn't love the country that elected him.  I believe Trump really cares about this country but he's like the guy who has to send a card to convey his feelings.  

This is right @Big Jim.  Nobody could ever say Trump isn't a straight shooter.  He's direct and says what he thinks.  It's obviously too much for some to understand this, as his words offend so many, it's almost comical in the news. :lol:  And yes, as an outsider looking in, there is no doubt in my mind that Trump truly wants to make the US better for all people. (I was gonna say, Make American Great Again there, but thought it might trigger some people :P :lol: )   I highly doubt any sane person would put themselves through this insanity otherwise. :wacko:   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

you confirmed it for me, you just dont seem to like my view point of it, 

Wrong.  I don't care about your view point of it.  In fact, I'm not too sure what your point of view is, since you can't cite even one thing he's said that you don't like.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I highly doubt any sane person would put themselves through this insanity otherwise. :wacko:   

Exactly!  He already had the life that people dream about.  He could have lived out his years on his yacht, eating caviar and drinking champagne with his beautiful wife by his side without a care in the world.  Instead he volunteered to take on the hardest job in the world for no pay and all the hate and insults he can carry.  I don't get it.  I consider myself a patriot but I think I would have left the keys to the White House under the mat and walked off ages ago.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

We are sempatico on this, if not for the few words from trump, the potus would he had still gone over the edge? we will never know but why risk it by the potus spewing hate?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

What are some of the things he's said that you find so offensive?  He's been constantly misquoted and has had things attributed to him that he never said at all.  I agree he's not the smoothest, most refined speaker and should often keep his mouth shut or his thumbs tied but none of that detracts from the job he's doing for the country.  I much prefer coarse words combined with positive action to eloquent puffery coming from an empty suit.

i will have to pass for now on looking up videos of him first hand spewing hate and disparaging remarks , i will get around to it,

it does distract...big time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, the13bats said:

so the last several posts very thought proving,

one has to peel away finger pointing of fault, however, it did point out something to me

so he went and offered his condolences, did he take the next step?

no matter how much a supporter likes trump he does spew some hate and does disparage others for reasons that can be linked to hate i dont even follow much politics and i heard him say stuff myself, so where do i go with it?

i dont like it, i think the potus should have more cooth but i also have to wonder is claiming a shooter committed his crime because potus says mean things about others an excuse or reason and i think back when rock stars got blamed when kids offed themselves from music lyrics, how about the kids who followed what rappers sang about and did bad things, it became some kind of issue some records got a warning label,

do i believe mentally unstable do their acts without being nudged? sure i do but why nudge them when its not necessary to do so?

More cooth (sp)?  Show more couth when accused of treason based on amade up story and then attacked like no other president in history with a two year witch hunt in search of a crime and a media that spews vile and disgusting accusations 24/7?  Couth?  Are you serious?  It is about time a republican strikes back at these left wing animals and fights like they do, dirty, rather than react with what you call cooth (sp), which simply means take your beating and shaddup repuglican. 

Time to hit back at the left since there is simply no compromise with them.  The left is going to get destroyed in November 2020, absolutely and completely because most people in this country are not bat **** crazy like "The Squad" and the loony tunes running for president

• Like 3

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

the potus spewing hate?

What is this hate you keep mentioning?  I probably hear the same things you do but I don't take it as hate.  I've heard people say he hates women, but he's appointed a lot of them to key positions.  Or that he hates blacks, but their job numbers are up and he's freeing many from prison.  People think he hates Hispanics, but they're doing well too.  All I've seen him say is that they must follow our laws like anyone else.  Nothing hateful about that.  

No one can be held responsible for what a crazy person does,  There is no right or wrong thing to say.  No one can predict what they'll react to.  You seem to think that Trump said something to incite this guy to violence against Hispanics.  If Trump had said he loves them all it could have had the same effect.  They don't react normally to anything, that's what makes them crazy.  Millions of people hear Trump speak and tweet every day.  One picked up a gun.  I don't see any cause and effect there.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Trump is not the most eloquent speaker but I believe he truly cares.  Those on the left need to put politics aside once in a while.  

I mean, you can believe what you want, but what has this man ever done in his entire 73 years on this planet that shows he cares about anyone but himself?  He conducts his condolence speeches in front of a teleprompter, that's no secret, no conspiracy.  Words written by someone else that he has to say.  He visits a city after a shooting, because that is what he's supposed to do.  Did he end his round of golf when someone told him about the mass shootings?  Nope.  Did he care that the Central Park 5 were locked up for years when they were innocent?  Nope, he refuses to say his original comments were wrong.  He doesn't give a **** about anything but power, and himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is only so much a President can do.  If it's laws we need to address these mass shootings then that has to come from Congress.  The left is doing all they can to use any event as a weapon against Trump.  If he comes to places like Dayton and El Paso they protest and even the officials tell him he's not welcome.  If he doesn't come then he's useless and hard hearted. 

You have a point, Big Jim, its hard for a president to win in this situation.

Yes laws need to be passed by Congress.  That is why McConnell is getting so much flack for sitting on a couple of background check bills.

Every time there has been  a mass shooting in the last several years, people speak out, parents at Sandy Hook, student survivors from Florida, a bunch of others,  They are not left or right or busting Trump.  They are saying "HEY DO SOMETHING!"  both to the President and Congress.  The response is thoughts and prayers and "We need to focus on the victims and their families right now." So people might shut up.  But what happens later? Nothing. Congress people hope it blows over and they can go back to talking to lobbyists and raising campaign contributions from both parties.

After the Parkland shooting the President even told Congressmen they were afraid of the NRA.  Well maybe he is too, because nothing happened and he did not push anything to happen.

Trump is not the most eloquent speaker but I believe he truly cares. 

On this part we disagree.  At the hospital in El Paso, her was talking on camera about the crowd size at his rally there, and how small Beto's was.  He is not really aware of anybody except number one, himself.  The rest of us are just props or he needs our votes.  Sorry, but he has never shown any empathy in these situations or when giving condolences to veteran's survivors.  Maybe a President can still be good for America even if he doesn't care about the average person.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

watched his state and country being invaded for years 

49 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

You may not have intended it as such, but using the word "invaded" in regards to illegal immigration is constantly used by white nationalists and the such. Invasion implies an armed or militaristic planned assault, which is just not the case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I mean, you can believe what you want, but what has this man ever done in his entire 73 years on this planet that shows he cares about anyone but himself?  He conducts his condolence speeches in front of a teleprompter, that's no secret, no conspiracy.  Words written by someone else that he has to say.  He visits a city after a shooting, because that is what he's supposed to do.  Did he end his round of golf when someone told him about the mass shootings?  Nope.  Did he care that the Central Park 5 were locked up for years when they were innocent?  Nope, he refuses to say his original comments were wrong.  He doesn't give a **** about anything but power, and himself.

And Lincoln read the Gettysburg Address from the back of an envelope.  Does that somehow make it less?  Words written by someone else?  Oh horrors!  Is he the first President to have a speech writer?  Yes, it's what he's supposed to do.  There are things like that in every job, even the President's, but that doesn't mean he doesn't care.  I didn't see anyone having to drag him there.  If you're looking for perfection, then knock yourself out and be constantly disappointed.  If you're looking for a sincere and dedicated President, flaws and all, then look no further.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

A lot of your democrat heroes (Jackson, Sharpton, CBC etc.) all gave him many rewards so we should be asking you that question.

1 minute ago, Big Jim said:

And Lincoln read the Gettysburg Address from the back of an envelope.  Does that somehow make it less?  Words written by someone else?  Oh horrors!  Is he the first President to have a speech writer?  Yes, it's what he's supposed to do.  There are things like that in every job, even the President's, but that doesn't mean he doesn't care.  I didn't see anyone having to drag him there.  If you're looking for perfection, then knock yourself out and be constantly disappointed.  If you're looking for a sincere and dedicated President, flaws and all, then look no further.

Again, what has he ever done to show that he cares about anyone but himself?

• Like 2

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

You may not have intended it as such, but using the word "invaded" in regards to illegal immigration is constantly used by white nationalists and the such. Invasion implies an armed or militaristic planned assault, which is just not the case.

I don't know what white nationalists say, I pay no attention to them.  I'm using "invaded" in the sense of something that shouldn't be here, having entered illegally.  No different than "invasive species" in regards to the environment.  They're seldom armed or militaristic.

Just now, Merc14 said:

A lot of your democrat heroes (Jackson, Sharpton, CBC etc.) all gave him many rewards so we should be asking you that question.

Oh you sad, sad, partisan shill.  Don't tell me who my heroes are.  Crawl back in your hole, Merc.  Your sorry attempts at generalizations and insults work far better on others who don't know your game. 

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

White nationalists are such a minuscule and almost nonexistent group that I am amazed you folks have decided that is your best way to win an election.  DO you really believe all Republicans are white supremacists?  Seriously?  That is your 2020 formula? Good bye Nancy, both houses and the executive are going republican and we will get another constitutional justice in as well!. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Again, what has he ever done to show that he cares about anyone but himself?

Giving up a life of ease and luxury to run for President and then doing the job for free.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Oh you sad, sad, partisan shill.  Don't tell me who my heroes are.  Crawl back in your hole, Merc.  Your sorry attempts at generalizations and insults work far better on others who don't know your game. 

Yikes, are you triggered AO?  You asked for some proof he wasn't a racist and I gave it to you, left wing heroes that all democrats kiss the rings of who gave awards to Trump.  What more could you ask for ?  Why don't you show us your proof he is a racist and mind the words, triggered one, racist has a very precise definition.  Keep losing, the country is better for it when folks like you are losing politically.

• Thanks 1

This op doesn't make sense. The media falls over on themselves to blame Trump.

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

They have no argument. America sucks to them and they just want to call you names. Seriously, I'd feel the same way about this situation if blond haired, blue eyed Swedes were plowing through our borders by the millions and it is an invasion. 

51 minutes ago, the13bats said:

We are sempatico on this, if not for the few words from trump, the potus would he had still gone over the edge? we will never know but why risk it by the potus spewing hate?

Actually we might find out. This one is still alive. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

DO you really believe all Republicans are white supremacists?  Seriously? 

No, not at all.  At least I don't think all Republicans are white supremacists. My dad was an Ike, Reagan,and first Bush Republican in the South.  He was as honest, fair, and as even-handed as any person I have ever met.  I know there are white supremacists that are not Republicans too, maybe some are Democrats.

All mass shooters are not white supremacists.  Most school shooters seem to be  egalitarian  and just take targets of opportunity.

All white supremacists are not violent terrorists either., some just talk the talk and maybe shoot the finger and rage at the most.

I don't know how many is a minuscule number.  Out of 300 million,people  a tenth of a percent is 300,000.   Does anybody have a number based on websites of data or is it best guess?

Can't speak for Nancy, she never returns my calls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1