Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
the13bats

I cant think of a good title

129 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

pallidin
7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

...im just passionate and becoming scared and frustrated for our nation.

 

 

You are not alone...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, pallidin said:

You are not alone...

Oh im aware. In fact we have more in common than most recognize.

After all its the same "Alternative fact" propaganda machine that keeps you and 40% of the nation in a constant state of panic that causes me fear and frustration, just obviously for different reasons.

 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
6 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

 

You may not have intended it as such, but using the word "invaded" in regards to illegal immigration is constantly used by white nationalists and the such. Invasion implies an armed or militaristic planned assault, which is just not the case.

A very large body of people, working to a common purpose, and conspiring to illegally cross the border. (I'm thinking of the Caravans here).

Dunno.. the term "invasion" seems eminently appropriate in that situation ? 

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

i thought he got a paycheck for being potus and yeah, i thought he did like golf better than working.

Who amongst us wouldn't ? :D 

3 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

When using such language or by comparing immigrants to an invasive species, you are dehumanizing people. It's a classic example of "fear of the other" and is xenophobia 

.. or it could just be accurate ? 

43 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It is happening though. Im quickly reaching the point where IDK if I can any longer throw out the obligatory "of course not all Trump supporters are racist" with any intellectual integrity. Whats crazy is the radicalization has happened so quickly and it has been so well done that the vast majority who do repeat the racist propaganda basically verbatim are in absolute denial that they are doing it. 

Or perhaps there is just a psychotically heightened sensitivity, with even relatively innocuous statements being accused of "racism". 

Is it "racist" to make a derogatory statement about an ethnic group, if it happens to be true ?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

So, Farm, what's your suggestive solution?

This problem is very serious, and must be dealt with.

We can't just go around shooting people, so this MUST somehow go to a higher level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, RoofGardener said:

Or perhaps there is just a psychotically heightened sensitivity, with even relatively innocuous statements being accused of "racism". 

Oh thats real for sure,I said in another thread that the dems have spent so long screaming "racist" that now that a real one has shown up repubs cant see it because of the spite in their eyes.

Two years in though its time to grow up and prioritize. If you truly believe that a racist POTUS is better than a democrat then just ****ing say so. This pretending , quibbling, denying and just outright lying about the reality however is debasing for those of us stuck listening to it and to those spewing it. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pixiii said:

And you don't?  I've seen you name-calling people the most atrocious of names in these threads many a time.  Don't be hypocritical.  It's extremely unbecoming.

 

I never claimed not to be a hypocrite. In fact, openly admit it. I ****ing hate people and I have no qualms about letting them know that.

And you haven't even begun to see me call people the most atrocious names. There are many words that are blocked on here.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
3 minutes ago, pallidin said:

So, Farm, what's your suggestive solution?

This problem is very serious, and must be dealt with.

We can't just go around shooting people, so this MUST somehow go to a higher level.

Man I wish I had one.

IDK how in the information age to bring our nation back from the brink while respecting our freedoms. 

Pre 9/11 there was a think tank that put together a paper basically posing that it would take a "new pearl harbor" to unify our nation. Today I dont even know if that would work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
16 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

 

Is it "racist" to make a derogatory statement about an ethnic group, if it happens to be true ?

Yes. It's called stereotyping and it's an oversimplification and is often the basis of discrimination. 

Also, it's a pretty simple.concept; don't act racist and you won't get called racist. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin
Posted (edited)

I'm white, but had an African-American "nanny" when I was so young. She was great, not a single problem.

Now I live next to "native Americans", and they are really good neighbor's.

Ethnicity is not the problem, rather individuals with a twisted mind-set, be it black, white, Hispanic, whatever.

 

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh thats real for sure,I said in another thread that the dems have spent so long screaming "racist" that now that a real one has shown up repubs cant see it because of the spite in their eyes.

Two years in though its time to grow up and prioritize. If you truly believe that a racist POTUS is better than a democrat then just ****ing say so. This pretending , quibbling, denying and just outright lying about the reality however is debasing for those of us stuck listening to it and to those spewing it. 

 

 

Is Trump a racist POTUS ? 

Well, by the squeeky-clean bowdlerised sanitised language of many mainstream politicians, then possibly he is. Certainly some of his language is "disapproved of" by todays imposed politically-correct language police. But here's the thing; I don't think he is truly racist at heart. He is just using the language of the 1970's and 80's, which is when he grew up(1). I suspect what he says is what a large proportion of Americans actually think. (the 2020 elections will be the test of that theory). 

 

Notes:

1) Well, many of his detractors would suggest that he still hasn't grown up.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
14 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I suspect what he says is what a large proportion of Americans actually think.

Oh I guarantee it. Im pretty sure Cambridge Analytica's mining of FB is where the strategy was cemented.

That actually makes it even worse though IMO. Candidates have always known about the ability to stoke racial tensions and have used the so called "southern strategy" to their advantage. That however has always included some level of tact that left those who the dog whistles were designed for just outside the political mainstream. 

Trump has invited them in with open arms and used their fears and biases as a tool for control. In a weird way he is also using the white supremacists to control the rest of his base. When you dig into the nonsensical "conservatives being censored" bull**** you'll see that those who are being "censored" are simply ****ing racists who said stupid ****.

22 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

But here's the thing; I don't think he is truly racist at heart. He is just using the language of the 1970's and 80's, which is when he grew up

I think you may be right about him not truly being racist at heart in the sense that he doesnt HATE a single group. That would mean he takes the time to think about anything other than himself. Using those groups as political tools by raising anger against them however is ****ing racist so at the end of the day regardless of how we got there we have a racist POTUS.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
Posted (edited)

:hmm:

 

Edited by the13bats
mistyped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
Posted (edited)

I had no idea this thread would be so educational for me.

I getting the impression most people do agree albeit some more straightforward about it that others trump "says" racists things.

After that then the different interpretations, excuses, etc come into play,

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

 

I think you may be right about him not truly being racist at heart in the sense that he doesnt HATE a single group. That would mean he takes the time to think about anything other than himself. Using those groups as political tools by raising anger against them however is ****ing racist so at the end of the day regardless of how we got there we have a racist POTUS.

Seems he should if hes even really aware of it know and more so care about the racial furor hes causing.

So clue me in what does trump get out of this because even if he gets another 4 years which remains to be seen hes not gonna fix the immigration problem or get Mexico to pay to built his wall which i doubt will get built or help much if it did.

 

Edited by the13bats
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
12 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

When using such language or by comparing immigrants to an invasive species, you are dehumanizing people. It's a classic example of "fear of the other" and is xenophobia 

When did he do this?

11 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Language matters. You, others on here, trump, all use the same language that white nationalists do. 

What language is that and how do you know what a white nationalist sounds like? 

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh thats real for sure,I said in another thread that the dems have spent so long screaming "racist" that now that a real one has shown up repubs cant see it because of the spite in their eyes.

Two years in though its time to grow up and prioritize. If you truly believe that a racist POTUS is better than a democrat then just ****ing say so. This pretending , quibbling, denying and just outright lying about the reality however is debasing for those of us stuck listening to it and to those spewing it.

So says the hysterical hater who has been screaming insanely since Trump was elected.  LMAO.  Examples farmer, post a few instead of the same old vitriol you constantly spew.    Must suck to be so bitter and angry 24/7

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

A very large body of people, working to a common purpose, and conspiring to illegally cross the border. (I'm thinking of the Caravans here).

Dunno.. the term "invasion" seems eminently appropriate in that situation ? 

Who amongst us wouldn't ? :D 

.. or it could just be accurate ? 

Or perhaps there is just a psychotically heightened sensitivity, with even relatively innocuous statements being accused of "racism". 

Is it "racist" to make a derogatory statement about an ethnic group, if it happens to be true ?

THEY WERE COMING TO SEEK ASYLUM AND THAT IS NOT ILLEGAL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
4 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

THEY WERE COMING TO SEEK ASYLUM AND THAT IS NOT ILLEGAL

Asylum seekers are supposed to seek it in the first country  they cross into.     Also, they never sow up to argue for asylum in court, they simply disappear.  I doubt even you believe this myth.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

seeking anything is not illegal, neither you're entitled to get it.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
On 8/8/2019 at 4:01 AM, pixiii said:

I totally agree, Trump should probably word things very differently in hindsight.  Hindsight can be such a beautiful thing. 

However, I've mentioned this in a post somewhere in the forum (sorry cannot remember where!) but I can't see Trump changing for anyone.  He is who he is and people just have to accept it whether they like him or not.  He's rude, crude and obnoxious, but that's just him.  I've never seen him as anything but a playboy billionaire so it didn't come as a surprise to me that he had those traits.  :lol: 

That is the way of a narcissist.  Even shunning will not give them pause to reflect on their behaviour, it is always only about them and there is no room for change.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

A very large body of people, working to a common purpose, and conspiring to illegally cross the border. (I'm thinking of the Caravans here).

Dunno.. the term "invasion" seems eminently appropriate in that situation ? 

You might call it a migration, but people coming with their families to live in this country and work among us, usually in the shi**iest jobs because they think America is great should not be confused with armed soldiers  or militants whose goal is to kill or subjugate.

I think I have said that border enforcement is necessary.  One can do that with a minimum of animosity and outrage.   We have a right to control our borders, even if Albert Einstein and Mother Theresa swam across the Rio Grande at night, they should be apprehended and returned.  No need to demonize.

This is easy to apply to groups you don't like and it can turn really quickly.. 

Consider the coal miners blocking the railroad tracks in Kentucky.  They dug the coal on that train,  The company they worked for suddenly went bankrupt and stiffed them. Their paychecks bounced.  Now they won't let the train out.

You could call them thugs and communists; enemies of capitalism and transgressors against property rights.  You could send in the Pinkertons or National Guard to bust heads  and drag them off the tracks.  

That might not go over too well with the working people, but you can solidify support if you can cause fear and anger toward outsiders.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim

There seems to be a lot of confusion over this word.  A lot of people seem to take it's meaning as the first definition only.  It's the other two that mainly apply to illegal immigrants.  In my previous post using the word I was specifically using it as #'s 2 & 3

invasion
[inˈvāZHən]
NOUN
  1. an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force.
    "in 1546 England had to be defended from invasion" ·
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion over this word.  A lot of people seem to take it's meaning as the first definition only.  It's the other two that mainly apply to illegal immigrants.  In my previous post using the word I was specifically using it as #'s 2 & 3

invasion
[inˈvāZHən]
 
NOUN
  1. an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force.
    "in 1546 England had to be defended from invasion" ·

i pointed out where you did compare the two, no biggie to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
On 8/8/2019 at 1:31 AM, the13bats said:

i heard him say stuff myself

Exactly what...quote some "hate" for me because I keep missing it. Thanks.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Asylum seekers are supposed to seek it in the first country  they cross into.     Also, they never sow up to argue for asylum in court, they simply disappear.  I doubt even you believe this myth.

That's not a requirement by our laws. So, even if they simply disappear they still ENTERED THE COUNTRY LEGALLY. And your claim they "never show up" is WAY off.

 

https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/resource/fact-check-asylum-seekers-regularly-attend-immigration-court-hearings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
16 minutes ago, skliss said:

Exactly what...quote some "hate" for me because I keep missing it. Thanks.

im sure you do miss it, not playing fetch because you snap....

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

im sure you do miss it, not playing fetch because you snap....

So that's about 4 times you've refused  various people to show what you claimed....all it says is that you cant....thanks for the confirmation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.