Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The price of chicken going up in MS

and-then

Mississippi has a few hundred jobs recently opened.

• Like 1

doubt it, just means that the other countless illegal immigrants now have a slight chance at those jobs. 

• Like 2

Makes you wonder how these people are paid and taxed without a social security number or visa. A lot of people think all they need is an EIN or TIN number. That identifies an employer. Not an employee. You can work in the US if you have a valid visa. Does anyone think this employer didn't know they hired illegals? All applications ask you for your social security number and/or ask you if you have a legal right to work in the US. I've seen people talk about false documentation too. Stolen identification or someone pays for these false documents. Yes, eventually someone may question why the same person is recorded as working in several different locations but that could take a long time to happen. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, susieice said:

Makes you wonder how these people are paid and taxed without a social security number or visa. A lot of people think all they need is an EIN or TIN number. That identifies an employer. Not an employee. You can work in the US if you have a valid visa. Does anyone think this employer didn't know they hired illegals? All applications ask you for your social security number and/or ask you if you have a legal right to work in the US. I've seen people talk about false documentation too. Stolen identification or someone pays for these false documents. Yes, eventually someone may question why the same person is recorded as working in several different locations but that could take a long time to happen. 

The flood could be stopped overnight if businesses were fined for working illegals.  Seriously severe fines that would make hiring illegals a net loss rather than a profitable venture.  Add in biometric ID for voting and neither Party would want to welcome them in at 100K per month.  It should be interesting to see the “legal” contortions some Dem judge attempts to keep ILLEGALS here and at work.  If these people are necessary for the economy then they need to be paid the same rate as everyone else and they need to be imprisoned if they are caught voting illegally

• Thanks 1

I agree these businesses should be fined. Why can't employers get them qualified for visas if they are necessary other than that they would have to pay them the going rate for the position, which is as it should be. 

• Like 1

Oh I see, it's satire. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Add in biometric ID for voting and neither Party would want to welcome them in at 100K per month.

I think that might backfire, as while "Democratic" voters might be happy with such a thing, I find it hard to see that Republicans, with their concerns for liberty and the intrusiveness of the State, would be happy happy with such a thing. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I think that might backfire, as while "Democratic" voters might be happy with such a thing, I find it hard to see that Republicans, with their concerns for liberty and the intrusiveness of the State, would be happy happy with such a thing. 

Ironically, the most "Democratic" state is one of the highest for hiring illegals. And so is Hollywood with it's domestics. They've always hired them as .....underpaid.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal-immigrants-us-jobs-economy-farm-workers-taxes/

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32605/amber-heard-tweets-about-ice-checkpoint-and-emily-zanotti

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, susieice said:

cash no taxes paid, no trace left.  only 10 employees are listed officially ,another 200 are not, that is how it is typically done

Edited by aztek

4 hours ago, aztek said:

cash no taxes paid, no trace left.  only 10 employees are listed officially ,another 200 are not, that is how it is typically done

Exactly how to get around the i do not have a visa or have a fake id or fake social security card, and the same for fining these employers who do hire illegal immigrants, it becomes a dont ask, dont tell, and pay em under the table.

The problem is more for the Illegal Immigrant than it is for America, because by this process of paying workers under the table, they leave themselves open to becoming literal slave workers, because now the employer knows he has an illegal immigrant dead to rights. If the employer doesn't feel like paying one week or two or how ever long, then the employer doesnt have too. More over what is the illegal immigrant going to do ? Take the employer to court for lost wages ? Then guess what, Obama and his regime illegally created obama care, are those illegals working to get paid under the table getting the government illegal mandated health care , no; and then the working conditions, probably not up to OSHA standards, probably are not given mandatory breaks for hourly workers, and if they complain to their employer, well the employer can tell em to sit and spin or just tell them to hit the bricks or both. Or threaten them to shut up or get deported.

There is no good incentive for illegals to be flooding into this country unless they are going to find some big program that finances and sets up illegal immigrants with a solid fake social security number and then in turn it becomes active or legal in the sense it is being used to file taxes and etc, then they have to be issued  a fake birth certificate or what ever permanent visa status .  

An it just doesn't happen on a large enough scale to be effective to merge illegal immigrants into becoming an now illegal tax paying member of society who has benefits and etc, which is what the lefts narrative wants us to think, that these people are just doing that. An it just isn't the case with a lot of illegal immigrants and the few of them that are abiding by our laws, and some how are paying taxes and are being good people an contributing to society, well that is nice, but they are still here illegally because we have laws in place that as a nation was agreed upon. An so I don't get all teary eyed at the cries of families being torn apart because one parent decided to make a gamble on coming here illegally. An that is what the media and the left wants, that tear jerking emotional reaction to seeing " hard working people " with children, being " ripped apart " by ICE and then sent back to their country of origin.  If the left were so adamant about letting anyone here under any means for any reason, then they need to stop tip toeing around it and flat out demand that America has open boarders, and then they need to demand a vote to make an amendment or what ever so that America has open boarders.

But they never will for two reasons,

1, they know that they would lose that vote hands down

2, they wouldn't be able to scream and cry and politicize illegal immigrants and manipulate those same illegal immigrants into voting for them.

Illegal Immigrants and the border is one of the lefts golden gooses , that they enjoy manipulating and using as they see fit to suit their needs only. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So when this happened, it reminded me that years ago..I think under Clinton there were some factories raided and the screaming then was the same " they are doing the jobs no American wants"...blah, blah...but, low and behold,  the company held open job fairs and Americans were lined up around the block,  they wanted the jobs but the company only hired illegals.  Once the Americans knew the jobs were available they showed up.

I wasn't going to mention it but I  guess it's happening again. Saw some interviews this morning with Americans showing up for the job fair at the chicken company. They want to work.

Mississippi factory holds job fair after ICE raids gut workforce

Koch Foods Inc.Opens a New Window. hosted a job fair on Monday after U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers raided two of its Mississippi facilities on Aug. 7 and took a large portion of its workers into custody, leaving it understaffed.

A steady stream of people showed up at the job fair, which only lasted a few hours. Koch Foods has not released how many people it was hoping to hire, but it did say two forms of valid identification were required to apply.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/mississippi-factory-job-fair-ice-raids-illegal-immigrants-koch-foods-chicken-facility

• Thanks 1

Washington (AFP) - The administration of US President Donald Trump announced Monday new rules that aim to deny permanent residency and citizenship to migrants who receive food stamps, Medicaid and other public welfare.

Announcing a new definition of the longstanding "public charge" law, the White House said migrants will be blocked from entering the country if they are likely to need public assistance.

In addition, those already here and using public services will not be able to obtain green cards or US citizenship.

"To protect benefits for American citizens, immigrants must be financially self-sufficient," Trump said in a White House statement.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-says-deny-citizenship-immigrants-public-benefits-151143064.html

Just a courteous reminder that the man who is working to keep folks whipped into a frenzy about illegal immigrants has repeatedly and systemically hired illegal immigrants in his businesses . 

If you’re a good worker, papers don’t matter’: How a Trump construction crew has relied on immigrants without legal status