Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

40 Mandela Effect Examples That Will ........

macqdor

40 Mandela Effect Examples That Will Blow Your Mind

The Mandela Effect is a phenomenon that makes us question even the most mundane memories from the past. In June 2019, the famed New York Times crossword puzzle made it the theme, and defined it as, "a recent refinement of false memory that typically refers to pop culture or current event references." Named by paranormal researcher Fiona Broome, it's basically remembering something that doesn't match with historical records. For example, the stuff you use to make your home smell fresh isn't "Febreeze" (more on that later).

Broome has said that she "loves" the idea that the Mandela Effect, or others claiming they distinctly recall different events or details, could be proof that we're existing in alternate realities. We're not so sure that's the truth, but these comparisons between popular belief and reality is making our jaws hit the floor as we type.

Check out 40 of the most gob-smacking "facts" below.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/g28438966/mandela-effect-examples/

I didn't read the article but the first example is just people listening to the ad for F'breeze and assuming there is an E after the F without ever looking at the label.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

An accurate title would be "40 examples of bad memory that will mildly amuse you".

Or maybe what you mis-remember when you aren't paying attention.

• Like 6

The Mandela Effect! Also known as faulty memory syndrome! Presents:

40 Memory Screw-ups!

In a theater near you, if we remember to make the movie!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

An accurate title would be "40 examples of bad memory that will mildly amuse you".

No way. I swear I've seen this thread before.......

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No way. I swear I've seen this thread before.......

I swear that thread was called "39 Mandela effect examples that will blow your mind". :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I swear that thread was called "39 Mandela effect examples that will blow your mind". :rolleyes:

Should I be worried about this mandela effect? Will my brain vaporize due to quantum fluctuations?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Was "Febreeze" the one that got added?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Should I be worried about this mandela effect?

Absolutely. It is the result of very evil people manipulating our perceptions.

Sure some people will claim that it is just a result of our unreliable memories, but thats just crazy talk ! 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Will my brain vaporize due to quantum fluctuations?

Nah it will just gently brainwash you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Was "Febreeze" the one that got added?

As a furreigner a lot of those examples were completely unknown to me. I had never heard of Febreeze before reading this thread. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

As a furreigner a lot of those examples were completely unknown to me. I had never heard of Febreeze before reading this thread. 

It's for lazy people who'd rather not clean up pet urine or wash their dog. :yes:

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It is another chemical designed to spray around your house to get rid of odors so you don't have to clean as often.  a lot of U.S. Americans love that crap,  not me.  And the label is 'F'breeze'.   

P.S. my memory isn't very good (because I don't pay attention to stuff like air fresheners) but it is Febreeze.  LOL.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's for lazy people who'd rather not clean up pet urine or wash their dog. :yes:

I don't have a dog anymore. As a kid I had an Old English Sheepdog (The best dogbreed ever. Thats just a fact. No discussion !) and he wasn't the best smelling thing in the world, but we loved him to bits anyway.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is another chemical designed to spray around your house to get rid of odors so you don't have to clean as often.  a lot of U.S. Americans love that crap,  not me.  And the label is 'F'breeze'.   

P.S. my memory isn't very good (because I don't pay attention to stuff like air fresheners) but it is Febreeze.  LOL.

I wonder how many off brand product cause this confusion? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I wonder how many off brand product cause this confusion? 

Probably some depending on if you buy the off brand instead of the expensive version.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is another chemical designed to spray around your house to get rid of odors so you don't have to clean as often. 

And since it's a enzyme, it creates a black mold problem which poisons everybody anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

And since it's a enzyme, it creates a black mold problem which poisons everybody anyway. 

And it doesn't work.  I used to use a product called Odor Check that I bought from Watkins.  It worked in 24 hours.  The reason I used it is because I lived in a carpeted apartment with an old incontinent dog and I had to work so I did my best to keep stuff down for her not to ruin the carpet but she just couldn't.  Now I know why that enzyme is no longer on the market, but none of the current enzyme products work even after 3 applications.  Thank goodness I live in my own house again, no carpet and a nice doggie door.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Piney said:

Or curtains.  Or the upholstery on the couch or car seat.

Here the label says "FEBREZE".

• Haha 1

The Mandela Effect is a subject I am quite familiar with and a believer. I think the Berenstein/Berenstain Bears is about the most consistently experienced one in American culture.

I had my personal undeniable experience on another forum.

On Aug 2, 2017 at about 16:40 EST, I was on reddit discussing the Flinstones/Flintstones flip on another thread. My position was that it is and always was the Flintstones. The guy sent me a reply saying at the time it was the Flinstones you could look at Wikipedia, and all official TV show and vitamin sites and it was always Flintstones; he used the word Flintstones in all four examples given.

I said 'I Know' you are confirming my point that it was always Flintstones.

Then when I was done with my reply and I looked up at his original post and all four 'Flintstones' had changed on my static display to 'Flinstones'. Did I just see it wrong?? I looked away and came back and it was 'Flintstones' again. I would just look away, blink, change my focus looked back and it would flip again. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in under five minutes each time looking slowly and cautiously for this controversial 't' IN ALL FOUR PLACES. Essentially impossible to me that I made a mistake slowly and cautiously each time. I felt something was trying to wake me up.

The Mandela Effect wakes up those who are ready to the fact that reality is not the straight-forward thing we assume it to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, macqdor said:

FB_IMG_1563940790405.jpg

Optical illusion =/= Mandela effect

I’ve seen this before, they’ve always been right side up to me.

Edited by SecretSanta
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

15 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Or maybe what you mis-remember when you aren't paying attention.

Or how suggestion plays tricks with your memory (most people don't "remember" any of this things until someone else mentions them ;)  )

• Like 2