Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

40 Mandela Effect Examples That Will ........

macqdor

11 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

So, you were usually pregnant on Sundays? Hmmmm.........

Exactly. I took the rest of the week off. 

Craved it on Sundays on the day it was closed.

Edited by SecretSanta
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Thats because you Swedes are drunk all the time. Atleast you tend to be when you visiting the other side of the Øresund. :rolleyes:

Funny, we rarely see Swedes in Jylland. I think it's because they never make it past the bars in København.
But they do enter the city sober! How else would they get past Øresund??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

A lot of us remember chic-fil-a

Certainly I remember chic-fil-a. Any intelligent believer in the Mandela Effect is well aware of normal memory errors as we all experience them all the time. We believe the Mandela Effect is something quite different than that, Here's the video I was referring to in case anyone is interested: Chic-fil-a  (it's repetitive so you don't have to watch it all)

As you can see I know how it’s spelled. I’ve never thought it was Chic-fil-A or even Chik-fil-A.

I think part of the issue is that on the fry container the K is on the side, it looks like Chic.

1 minute ago, SecretSanta said:

As you can see I know how it’s spelled. I’ve never thought it was Chic-fil-A or even Chik-fil-A.

I think part of the issue is that on the fry container the K is on the side, it looks like Chic.

I had never seen a fry container in my life as the chain didn't exist in Michigan until very, very recently. However for years I watched the same commercials over and over again while watching college football.

Note: The Mandela Effect acknowledges the fact that people can have genuinely different experiences (beyond just common memory error). This does not accord with our normal understanding of reality.

13 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Just curious.  I didn't know Michael J Fox died in a movie.  Bring the link here if u got it.  Great movie 

Been posted in the thread. Just gotta look...unless you’ve blocked people.

Plus you can find it online if you look.

Edited by SecretSanta

At the end of the film, Eriksson wakens from a nightmare to find himself on a J-Church transit line in San Francisco, just a few seats from a Vietnamese-Americanstudent who resembles Than. She disembarks at Dolores Park and forgets her scarf and Eriksson runs after her to return it. As she thanks him and turns away, he calls after her in Vietnamese. She surmises that she reminds him of someone, and adds that he has had a bad dream. They go their separate ways, and Eriksson is somewhat comforted.

doesn't seem like he dies. Not in that movie at least.

@Trelane

I think next time I make a mistake I will say that I didn't make any mistake, its reality that have changed. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

"The universe must be screwing with me. I remember it happened this way, but it didn't. Can't be my bad memories. Can't be my fault." 

That's what I see when it comes to the mandela effect.

• Like 4

There are many mental, memory phenomena's that raises eye-brows they include:

• Dejavu - the feeling that you lived this day before
  • Songs -   We've all sung songs in our head and gotten in our car or walked in a grocery store and hear the song we're singing word for word, total nsync with what we're singing. or stood by some who suddenly starts singing a song - that we're presently singing in our head. 
  • TV - Leave in the middle of watching a movie, come back 12+hours later and the movie you was watching when you left is still on.  Its on the same part where you walked on. Granted the movies in rotation but still?  Doesn't it feel fantastic that you resume watching the same movie where you left off.   A weird mental satisfaction sets in. Like WOW was I gone?  Or is an unseen force working with me
  • Phone Ringing - you sense there's bad news at the end of that phone ringing. U let it go to voice mail and realize (after hearing the voice mail) Your hunch was right.  There is bad news.
  • Airplane - People have avoided getting on a plane after they, a family have suggested they shouldn't get on it.    The plane crashes.

Not really in the same category but I've seen it happen.

People who hate fishing, get dragged on a fishing trip and end up catching the most fish.   People who talked them into it.  Catch nothing.

2 hours ago, Stiff said:

I always thought it was the Nissan Main Dealer Effect   Suspicious.gif

You are getting confused with Nelson Mandela House.

That show with Delroy in. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

I'm sure Rabid is at least as smart, he just might have philosophized more than he has investigated.

The extra dimensions of string theory are only there to explain gravity. And why gravity is so weak.

We could skip them all together, by choosing quantum field theory instead. I would recommend that.

I give you 10 points for effort but you dont understand what you have read lol.

It is space itself that is multi-dimensional, your statement that dimensions exist inside atoms is nonsensical. String Theory is an attempt to unite the four forces into the one that they reason must have existed early in the universes history. No, Quantum Field Theory is not an alternative. It cannot unite the four forces which is why String Theory exists.

Gravity is not weaker than it should be because while it is weak it acts over huge distances. The weak and strong forces are strong but act over microscopic distances. Electro-magnetism is in between both.

7 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I give you 10 points for effort but you dont understand what you have read lol.

It is space itself that is multi-dimensional, your statement that dimensions exist inside atoms is nonsensical. String Theory is an attempt to unite the four forces into the one that they reason must have existed early in the universes history. No, Quantum Field Theory is not an alternative. It cannot unite the four forces which is why String Theory exists.

Gravity is not weaker than it should be because while it is weak it acts over huge distances. The weak and strong forces are strong but act over microscopic distances. Electro-magnetism is in between both.

Repeating your misconceptions doesn't make them more right.

The Standard Model of particle physics is the theory describing three of the four known fundamental forces (the electromagnetic, weak, and strong interactions, and not including the gravitational force) in the universe, as well as classifying all known elementary particles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Model

Finding gravity in particles is what string theory and quantum field theory is all about. When/if they succeed, they can merge quantum theory with relativity into a theory of everything, one of the great goals of science.

There is only three spacial dimensions in our universe. Dimensions inside particles are not proven, but are necessary to give room to gravity in string theory.

19 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I remember Michael J Fox dying and being in the news.

Only to reappear 10 years later suffering from Parkinson`s Disease. Maybe his dementia and Mandela Effect are related?

But why are you assuming your memory to be infallible? You can't have it both ways. Logically speaking - either your memory is utterly without fault and every single example has a paranormal explanation, OR some of the examples are down to faulty memory. And if some are, then they all can be. You can;t have some being faulty memory and some being a paranormal event, because where do you draw the line?

We know memory is not infallible. It is highly unreliable. That in itself is enough to put the Mandela effect to bed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

There are no dimensions inside of particles and no evidence to indicate the size of the extra space dimensions.

Yes there is. Simply saying "no" doesn't make it so. And if someone points you towards a resource that might make you less wrong in the future, I recommend you take it.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I think next time I make a mistake I will say that I didn't make any mistake, its reality that have changed. :rolleyes:

I might try this at work. Can't get in any more trouble that I usually get.

• Haha 2

I rembember perfectly having 40millions euros in the bank, but the bank now suffers from Mandela Effect and clearly states its only 40euros.

• Haha 1

Heh, there has been mandela effect right here on UM before with the thunderbird picture. A lot of folks could have sworn they remembered seeing it in various oddity/bizarre books when they were kids, but no one was ever able to turn up the picture everyone was collectively remembering. It's come up a couple of times over the years, though I don't think it's come up very recently.

• Like 1

Just looking at a few of these are easy to debunk:

2. Jiffy/Jiff- This confusing the peanut butter with the popcorn which is called Jiffy Pop. There is also a cornbread mix called Jiffy. 

11. King Henry/Turkey Leg- It's easy to mistake his gloves for a turkey leg because its the same color as one. 

18. The Mona Lisa is a well known painting and has been recopied many times, so it would not surprise me if they changed the original.

19. CP30- Yes its true he was originally gold, but even so its not uncommon for characters to change their appearance. Especially if we are talking about the older vs. the new Star Wars.  

23. Snow White- There is a difference between Snow White The Grimes Fairy Tale Version Vs. Disney do we expect movies to always follow the book?

29. 51 or 52 states- This comes from a misunderstanding that we often confuse Washington DC with a state. It's like when we think of Vatican City which is a city within the city of Rome

30. Sinbad never did not play a Genie in Shazaam. He played Keenan's dad's character Ishboo in All That  and yes he does look like a Genie which is easy to mistake https://nickelodeon.fandom.com/wiki/Sinbad

In terms of product name changes it happens over the years and logos change so its not uncommon. To think this all a conspiracy theory is laughable. And half the stuff I mentioned I even remember or is common sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Just looking at a few of these are easy to debunk:

2. Jiffy/Jiff- This confusing the peanut butter with the popcorn which is called Jiffy Pop. There is also a cornbread mix called Jiffy. 

11. King Henry/Turkey Leg- It's easy to mistake his gloves for a turkey leg because its the same color as one. 

18. The Mona Lisa is a well known painting and has been recopied many times, so it would not surprise me if they changed the original.

19. CP30- Yes its true he was originally gold, but even so its not uncommon for characters to change their appearance. Especially if we are talking about the older vs. the new Star Wars.  

23. Snow White- There is a difference between Snow White The Grimes Fairy Tale Version Vs. Disney do we expect movies to always follow the book?

29. 51 or 52 states- This comes from a misunderstanding that we often confuse Washington DC with a state. It's like when we think of Vatican City which is a city within the city of Rome

30. Sinbad never did not play a Genie in Shazaam. He played Keenan's dad's character Ishboo in All That  and yes he does look like a Genie which is easy to mistake https://nickelodeon.fandom.com/wiki/Sinbad

In terms of product name changes it happens over the years and logos change so its not uncommon. To think this all a conspiracy theory is laughable. And half the stuff I mentioned I even remember or is common sense. 

Syfy is a good example of the name change, which incensed a lot of my nerd friends.  It never did make sense to me why they changed it, except I guess now we know we can't expect much more Science Fiction on that network as TNT or USA.  Actually I think sometimes those have more real sci-fi than Syfy does.  They should have just changed it to HorroFlix or some such.

• Like 2