Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

40 Mandela Effect Examples That Will ........

macqdor

On 8/9/2019 at 4:48 PM, RabidMongoose said:

We assume when confronted with an alternative set of events that our memory is false.

The staunch sceptics wont even entertain that something else might be going on. In truth, they deny there is evidence of he paranormal. Yet with the Mandela Effect, and 100 others, they are denying evidence that is right there lol.

Is that a perception outside of your head? :lol:

On 8/9/2019 at 5:00 PM, SecretSanta said:

I went through the list, none of them blew my mind. I guess I just remember them correctly. 

Thanks for messing up another thread with facts.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, XenoFish said:

Got any supporting links from credible sources? 

Yes he does from that demo he watched where the speakers played before the CD was read. :o

Turns out that a common example of the Mandela effect is the belief in poltergeists. Turns out that they never happened yet people still think they did.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 1:17 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Syfy is a good example of the name change, which incensed a lot of my nerd friends.  It never did make sense to me why they changed it, except I guess now we know we can't expect much more Science Fiction on that network as TNT or USA.  Actually I think sometimes those have more real sci-fi than Syfy does.  They should have just changed it to HorroFlix or some such.

I remember even watching shows such as The Incredible Hulk Reruns and Swamp Thing on Sci-fi in the 90's. 

8 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I remember even watching shows such as The Incredible Hulk Reruns and Swamp Thing on Sci-fi in the 90's. 

They used to have some good shows before they changed their name like Dresden Files, Eureka, Warehouse 13.  But their movie marathons even then were horror 2 weekends a month.  I guess they didn't have enough material to do sci fi.

Was Dark Matter from Syfy or some other network?

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

They used to have some good shows before they changed their name like Dresden Files, Eureka, Warehouse 13.  But their movie marathons even then were horror 2 weekends a month.  I guess they didn't have enough material to do sci fi.

Was Dark Matter from Syfy or some other network?

It was on both Syfy and the Canadian TV Channel Space.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

It was on both Syfy and the Canadian TV Channel Space.

I feel like we were left hanging when they ended that one.  Same with Star Gate Universe.

New research which nicely explains the Mandela Effect (although they don't mention it) and why some people are so adamant they remember things that never happened

"One of academics told BBC News it highlighted how difficult it could be to "undo" spurious memories once they had been created.

"Memory is a reconstructive process and we are vulnerable to suggestion distorting our recollections, without our conscious awareness," Dr Gillian Murphy, of University College Cork, said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49439619

• Like 2

On 8/23/2019 at 4:50 AM, Essan said:

New research which nicely explains the Mandela Effect (although they don't mention it) and why some people are so adamant they remember things that never happened

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49439619

Again, us believers in the Mandela Effect are just as aware of 'normal' memory errors as non-believers. And we accept that our memory inaccuracies occur often.

We are saying in a few rare cases something more is going on than 'normal' memory errors. It is a lengthy discussion if you are familiar with it, that is not solved by 'new?' information like this.

This type of 'solution' reminds me of posting an article on how EMF or whatever can induce hallucinations and quickly someone claims 'science' has solved the ghost phenomena. Er, no, it's more complicated than that.

Edited by papageorge1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Again, us believers in the Mandela Effect are just as aware of 'normal' memory errors as non-believers. And we accept that our memory inaccuracies occur often.

No you don't.
In fact some of you believers even use your ignorance as evidence of the "Mandela Effect";

I believed X but evidence shows Y, therefore "Mandela Effect".

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

No you don't.
In fact some of you believers even use your ignorance as evidence of the "Mandela Effect";

I believed X but evidence shows Y, therefore "Mandela Effect".

You apparently are not aware of the sophisticated nature of the arguments for the Mandela Effect.

Your argument is akin to because hallucinations happen there are no real ghosts 

Edited by papageorge1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

because hallucinations happen there are no real ghosts 

There are no ghost. Just slight of mind. Mental phantasms brought on by fear, grief, and sometimes curiosity. The mind filling in the blanks of one's conscious or unconscious wishes. Creating things that only exist within the mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There are no ghost. Just slight of mind. Mental phantasms brought on by fear, grief, and sometimes curiosity. The mind filling in the blanks of one's conscious or unconscious wishes. Creating things that only exist within the mind. 

Wow, what a really novel thought about ghosts in this thread about the Mandela Effect. Not.

Your thoughts actually make my point of certain people being satisfied that simple explanations cover it all. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Wow, what a really novel thought about ghosts in this thread about the Mandela Effect. Not.

Your thoughts actually make my point of certain people being satisfied that simple explanations cover it all. 

Mandela effect doesn't exist either, it's just horrible memory. In regards to stuff like this it is the simple answers that are correct. Because if you need to invoke quantum woo, you are already wrong.

That's the whole thing about critical thinking and skepticism, you actual question and look at what the evidence actually points to.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Mandela effect doesn't exist either, it's just horrible memory.

Geez, how simple as if Mandela Effect believers haven’t considered that. And they just hankered to go ahead and invent a complicated claim. 

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

In regards to stuff like this it is the simple answers that are correct. Because if you need to invoke quantum woo, you are already wrong.

I don’t claim to be able to explain the Mandela Effect and I have not invoked quantum woo as you  call it.

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's the whole thing about critical thinking and skepticism, you actual question and look at what the evidence actually points to.

On that we agree and if a simple explanation is not satisfying for all the facts we must continue.

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

We are saying in a few rare cases something more is going on than 'normal' memory errors.

The problem with people who try to pass some events (that have otherwise perfectly reasonable explanations) off as paranormal is where do you draw the line? If one example can be explained as faulty memory then surely they all can?

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

The problem with people who try to pass some events (that have otherwise perfectly reasonable explanations) off as paranormal is where do you draw the line? If one example can be explained as faulty memory then sure they all can?

Yes, there are differences of opinions on particular Mandela Effects although some are well established (like the Berenstain/Berenstein Bears for Americans at least). 

So yes, it is the nature of this beast that it will be controversial and individual opinions will exist. It is even held that most Mandela Effects are not even universal (i.e. some people were affected and others not).

Certainly there is fertile ground for the total skeptics here, but I am personally convinced something not simply explainable and mysterious is going on. I shared my personal experience with the Flintstones/Flinstones flip/flop effect earlier in this thread so I am in a different place from those that haven't had what they hold to be a dramatic encounter with the Effect. It is a pretty serious topic on reddit which is another discussion forum I am on.

Edited by papageorge1

16 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

You apparently are not aware of the sophisticated nature of the arguments for the Mandela Effect.

A baseless sophisticated argument is still baseless.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I thought Barbara Walters was dead. Isn't she?lol!

4 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

And I say a solid basis for the Mandela Effect is indeed there from my considerations. 

For one, did you read my personal experience with the Flintstones/Flinstones flip/flop Effect presented earlier? 

19 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

I got all of them correct on the second link. 

The first link doesn’t work properly for me.

10/12 I remember them well cause I used to play Monopoly all the time, Kit Kat was my favorite candy and I collected Pokemon.  

• Like 1