Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

40 Mandela Effect Examples That Will ........

macqdor

19 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Yes, there are differences of opinions on particular Mandela Effects although some are well established (like the Berenstain/Berenstein Bears for Americans at least). 

So yes, it is the nature of this beast that it will be controversial and individual opinions will exist. It is even held that most Mandela Effects are not even universal (i.e. some people were affected and others not).

Certainly there is fertile ground for the total skeptics here, but I am personally convinced something not simply explainable and mysterious is going on. I shared my personal experience with the Flintstones/Flinstones flip/flop effect earlier in this thread so I am in a different place from those that haven't had what they hold to be a dramatic encounter with the Effect. It is a pretty serious topic on reddit which is another discussion forum I am on.

The reason why people mistook Berestain Bears is because one of the letters the way it was written used to be curved. Thus mistaking the letter. I remember cause I always read those books. Even owned them.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

The reason why people mistook Berestain Bears is because one of the letters the way it was written used to be curved. Thus mistaking the letter. I remember cause I always read those books. Even owned them.

Nope, I don’t think that is it. The letters were unambiguous in my opinion.

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2019 at 2:08 PM, papageorge1 said:

You apparently are not aware of the sophisticated nature of the arguments for the Mandela Effect.

Your argument is akin to because hallucinations happen there are no real ghosts 

Your argument is akin to : I don't care I believe despite the evidence.

• Like 6

On 8/24/2019 at 3:05 PM, macqdor said:

Pointless test for me. I hardly know brand names and I hardly ever shop. 

I don't see commercials. I tune them out. 

Never eaten at Chick Fil-A or whatever it. Never shop at Penneys. Don't play Monopoly. Don't watch Pokemon. Never saw the show Sex and the City. Don't eat or buy Fruit Loops. Don't use Febreze.

Got a lot wrong mainly because I have zero familiarity with these symbols. Scored 50% which is what I expected as I guessed at nearly every pair of symbols.

All it shows is that I don't care about corporate logos.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2019 at 3:10 PM, papageorge1 said:

Geez, how simple as if Mandela Effect believers haven’t considered that. And they just hankered to go ahead and invent a complicated claim. 

I don’t claim to be able to explain the Mandela Effect and I have not invoked quantum woo as you  call it.

On that we agree and if a simple explanation is not satisfying for all the facts we must continue.

That's what fringies do. They create complicated scenarios and pretend it is in same bizarre way meaningful and explains something.

There is no Mandela Effect. It is a label assigned to something already known. Human memory is fallible. Please explain what "is not satisfying for all the facts"

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 5:52 PM, papageorge1 said:

Yes, there are differences of opinions on particular Mandela Effects although some are well established (like the Berenstain/Berenstein Bears for Americans at least). 

So yes, it is the nature of this beast that it will be controversial and individual opinions will exist. It is even held that most Mandela Effects are not even universal (i.e. some people were affected and others not).

Certainly there is fertile ground for the total skeptics here, but I am personally convinced something not simply explainable and mysterious is going on. I shared my personal experience with the Flintstones/Flinstones flip/flop effect earlier in this thread so I am in a different place from those that haven't had what they hold to be a dramatic encounter with the Effect. It is a pretty serious topic on reddit which is another discussion forum I am on.

So there is already an excuse for failure. "most Mandela Effects are not even universal"

A failed test in science means that the hypothesis is rejected. In the fringie world it means time to make up an excuse. Science creates a new test or tests to learn more. Fringe BS simply plods on never daring to falsify the wacko idea that has been latched on to.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stereologist said:

That's what fringies do. They create complicated scenarios and pretend it is in same bizarre way meaningful and explains something.

There is no Mandela Effect. It is a label assigned to something already known. Human memory is fallible. Please explain what "is not satisfying for all the facts"

It does exist in Sci Fi stories.  Especially stories about time travel.

42 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It does exist in Sci Fi stories.  Especially stories about time travel.

The odd thing about scifi stories is that they often require that the restart of time or travel through time does not affect some of the individuals. That is what happens in Groundhog Day and stories that are based on similar things such as episodes of the X Files and episodes of Star Trek. 

The Mandela effect such as the test which is really how well businesses have crept in people's memories is about very small changes. Is there a hyphen or not? In a large logo are there a few letter changes.

I have seen the billboards for Chick Fil A. What gets me is that they have Holsteins on the bilboard. They are dairy cattle, not beef cattle.

https://www.farmingmagazine.com/livestock/beef/raising-holstein-bull-calves-beef-market/

These animals are not the same as beef breeds, due to the extensive breeding of dairy cattle for milk production and can’t be expected to perform in the feedlot as do native beef breeds.

Maybe this is part of the Mandela effect. :whistle: The Holstein is a beef cattle in the Chick Fil-A alternate universe.

Edited by stereologist

20 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The odd thing about scifi stories is that they often require that the restart of time or travel through time does not affect some of the individuals. That is what happens in Groundhog Day and stories that are based on similar things such as episodes of the X Files and episodes of Star Trek. 

The Mandela effect such as the test which is really how well businesses have crept in people's memories is about very small changes. Is there a hyphen or not? In a large logo are there a few letter changes.

I have seen the billboards for Chick Fil A. What gets me is that they have Holsteins on the bilboard. They are dairy cattle, not beef cattle.

https://www.farmingmagazine.com/livestock/beef/raising-holstein-bull-calves-beef-market/

Maybe this is part of the Mandela effect. :whistle: The Holstein is a beef cattle in the Chick Fil-A alternate universe.

Well, star trek only did one time travel episode before paramount bought the franchise and since then I don't think any Star Trek time travel episode is even a good example of good science fiction time travel just for the reason you pointed out.  Maybe you are not a sci fi fan.  There are plenty of movies that everything gets changes or minor things get changed like Back to the Future and one about trying to save Kennedy from being assasinated, (movies) and many books.  In any good sci fi time travel story the main character is affected along with everyone else, sometimes they remember things before they jumped back in time and sometimes they don't.  There was a tv show with Eric McCormick in it that was about time travelers.  Everyone was affected each time someone jumped into the time frame they were trying to change and the future changed based on wars that started after they left and on things they and the opposing faction did in our time.

If the Mandela effect were a real phenomenon why would some people remember things differently than are recorded in history?  I doubt it is a real phenomenon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, star trek only did one time travel episode before paramount bought the franchise and since then I don't think any Star Trek time travel episode is even a good example of good science fiction time travel just for the reason you pointed out.  Maybe you are not a sci fi fan.  There are plenty of movies that everything gets changes or minor things get changed like Back to the Future and one about trying to save Kennedy from being assasinated, (movies) and many books.  In any good sci fi time travel story the main character is affected along with everyone else, sometimes they remember things before they jumped back in time and sometimes they don't.  There was a tv show with Eric McCormick in it that was about time travelers.  Everyone was affected each time someone jumped into the time frame they were trying to change and the future changed based on wars that started after they left and on things they and the opposing faction did in our time.

If the Mandela effect were a real phenomenon why would some people remember things differently than are recorded in history?  I doubt it is a real phenomenon.

I'm a trekkie fan over a star wars fan. I was thinking of this episode.

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-time-loop-harry-mudd/

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I'm a trekkie fan over a star wars fan. I was thinking of this episode.

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-time-loop-harry-mudd/

Yeah I prefer Star Trek over Star Wars (which is why I hate the new show Discovery, which I think should be called Star Trek Wars).  Paramount doesn't get what Star Trek was about, Seth McFarland does and has some pretty good shows, hopefully he won't do any time travel episodes.  I do have say I loved the first Star Wars movie (episode 4), but I don't think George Lucas is a very sophisticated story teller.  The only reason the first Star Wars movie succeeded is because someone (the person with the purse strings) made sure it was a good hero story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah I prefer Star Trek over Star Wars (which is why I hate the new show Discovery, which I think should be called Star Trek Wars).  Paramount doesn't get what Star Trek was about, Seth McFarland does and has some pretty good shows, hopefully he won't do any time travel episodes.  I do have say I loved the first Star Wars movie (episode 4), but I don't think George Lucas is a very sophisticated story teller.  The only reason the first Star Wars movie succeeded is because someone (the person with the purse strings) made sure it was a good hero story.

Actually he did do a time travel on the Orville. Remember the end of this past season. There is Kelly from the past and they need to make sure they do NOT change the path of history by making sure that Kelly sent back has no recollection of the future.

• Like 1

Dont forget that Star Trek: Next Generation dove into the time travel. Alternate universe theory a few episodes.   Stephen Hawking adored the show so much he made an appearance.

https://www.startrek.com/database_article/hawking

https://factordaily.com/speaking-stephen-hawking-sci-fi-fan-played-poker-einstein-newton-threw-party-time-travellers/

The literal Mandala Effect episode was on Star Trek TNG, Season 7 episode 11 "Parallels", Worf returns from a Batleth tournament and each time he gets around Geordi he experiences dizziness and something subtle changes, chocolate cake to white cake, Captain Picard not being able to attend his birthday party, then appearing. Turns out he went through a fissure in the space time continuum and he is jumping from one universe to another. 

Today I had a weird one. I've seen Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2 at least 6 times. I saw it at the theater, I own the DVD. I watched it today and in a scene where Katniss prepares to go execute Snow she tucks a poison pill in her suit. After she kills Coin she reaches for it and Peeta smacks it out of her hand. I had no recollection of that all the times I watched it before. I know it was in the book but it was like huh wait what? I swear it was new to the cut I watched as it was edited for television but I doubt it. I'm sure I just missed it but at the same time I've watched that scene so many times how could I have missed it? Weird. 

We Are The Champions of the WHAT?:

If you have ever been around a group of rambunctious rugby fans after their team has won you will have for sure heard the Queen song We Are The Champions. However, people distinctly remember an ending lyric to the song that simply doesn’t exist. The song does not conclude with a grand 'Of The World!.'

https://www.google.com/search?q=queen+song+we+are+the+champions+lyrics&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US752&oq=Queen+song+We+Are+The+Champions&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.2806j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8    actual lyics 

https://www.pinterest.com/Mandela_effect/wake-up-the-mandela-effect-is-real/

The fact that people have bad memories or there are things that different people seem to get wrong as a group simply tells us that mistakes can have a common cause.

Take the Queen song mentioned above. It has been used in a number of commercials. Which portion has been used? Why the section that is the section of the 2:59 song that uses the lyrics "of the world".

I believe that it is possible that people are not aware of what is the end of the song because they hear it as a snippet in settings such as commercials or snippets at games. 

12 hours ago, stereologist said:

Actually he did do a time travel on the Orville. Remember the end of this past season. There is Kelly from the past and they need to make sure they do NOT change the path of history by making sure that Kelly sent back has no recollection of the future.

Oh, I guess I need to get caught up.  I haven't seen that episode.  I will look for it on Hulu

I have an old Cd of Queen's Greatest that my dad bought in 1996 with the song "We Are The Champions" and we played that song over and over. It's been awhile but I remember the "of the world" cause Freddie belts it out and holds it at a high pitch for a sort period of time before the song ends.

• Like 1

I have an old Cd of Queen's Greatest that my dad bought in 1996 with the song "We Are The Champions" and we played that song over and over. It's been awhile but I remember the "of the world" cause Freddie belts it out and holds it at a high pitch for a sort period of time before the song ends.

I remember it to. Distinctly!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, macqdor said:

I remember it to. Distinctly!

Me too.  We still sing that song with Freddy when we are in the car and the words are as I remember them from the first time I heard the song.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

I’m not sure how much the effect is with We are the Champions. There are multiple greatest hits versions depending on the country, DJs often cut the tail of it, particularly in combo with We Will Rock You... live versions are different, and a couple movies like Revenge of the Nerds and Mighty Ducks 2 had soundtrack versions too.

So the versions ending in champions and the end music notes and versions ending with of the world with the long held note exist.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rashore said:

I’m not sure how much the effect is with We are the Champions. There are multiple greatest hits versions depending on the country, DJs often cut the tail of it, particularly in combo with We Will Rock You... live versions are different, and a couple movies like Revenge of the Nerds and Mighty Ducks 2 had soundtrack versions too.

So the versions ending in champions and the end music notes and versions ending with of the world with the long held note exist.

In addition it has had various groups do cover versions of the song.  In addition when songs are played on the radio there is usually a radio edit version of a song and there is the original. 

• 2 months later...

They made it into a movie

• Haha 1

Philip K. Dick has written a lot of stories about this kind of thing.  And other sci fi authors as well.  If they were going to do a  movie they could have used one of those stories (there are still plenty of PKD's stories that haven't been made in to a movie yet).