Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

40 Mandela Effect Examples That Will ........

macqdor

6 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

That looks really bad.

At least they got the premise right.

• Haha 1

Right so I've only just bothered looking up the mandela effect and its basically just bad memory right?

Christ this is like when people think empathy is a psychic power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Right so I've only just bothered looking up the mandela effect and its basically just bad memory right?

Christ this is like when people think empathy is a psychic power.

Yup. Poor understanding of how memory works and confirmation bias. 

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Yup. Poor understanding of how memory works and confirmation bias. 

Thought as much. How tedious eh?

How about someone making a thread with someone flying or mind controlling trump off a cliff?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2019 at 1:25 AM, papageorge1 said:

Again, us believers in the Mandela Effect are just as aware of 'normal' memory errors as non-believers. And we accept that our memory inaccuracies occur often.

We are saying in a few rare cases something more is going on than 'normal' memory errors. It is a lengthy discussion if you are familiar with it, that is not solved by 'new?' information like this.

It's bad memory about events they didn't care about.

I remember the 1995 Rugby World Cup and the disappointment.  They even made a movie about it.

People just didn't pay attention at the time

On 8/30/2019 at 11:11 PM, stereologist said:

The fact that people have bad memories or there are things that different people seem to get wrong as a group simply tells us that mistakes can have a common cause.

Take the Queen song mentioned above. It has been used in a number of commercials. Which portion has been used? Why the section that is the section of the 2:59 song that uses the lyrics "of the world".

I believe that it is possible that people are not aware of what is the end of the song because they hear it as a snippet in settings such as commercials or snippets at games. 

We Are The Champions is good pub/karaoke song.  People sing it after a few drinks, of course they'll get it wrong.

33 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

It's bad memory about events they didn't care about.

I remember the 1995 Rugby World Cup and the disappointment.  They even made a movie about it.

People just didn't pay attention at the time

You seem to be underestimating how much thought goes into a Mandela Effect claim for the serious among us.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You seem to be underestimating how much thought goes into a Mandela Effect claim for the serious among us.

Who is it named after?

The eponymous case is just a joke.  There were pretty significant developments happening in South Africa around 1990.

18 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Who is it named after?

The eponymous case is just a joke.  There were pretty significant developments happening in South Africa around 1990.

The common name of the phenomena may be unfortunate. And the eponymous name case may be others having a view of the alternate timeline. I personally did not experience that particular Effect but that doesn't mean others didn't. The experiencers were just passive observers of South Africa in 1990.

I'll vouch for the Flintstones (short story) and the Berenstein Bears though. And even Chic-fil-a.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The common name of the phenomena may be unfortunate. And the eponymous name case may be others having a view of the alternate timeline. I personally did not experience that particular Effect but that doesn't mean others didn't. The experiencers were just passive observers of South Africa in 1990.

I'll vouch for the Flintstones (short story) and the Berenstein Bears though. And even Chic-fil-a.

The Flintstones makes more sense in the Stone Punk genre.

Berenstain is probably confused with Einstein and Frankenstein.

I'm not familiar with Chick-fil-a.  I'm not sure why people would think the brand was trying to evoke style.

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The Flintstones makes more sense in the Stone Punk genre.

On Aug 2, 2017 at about 16:40 EST, I was on reddit discussing the Flinstones/Flintstones flip on another thread. My position was that it is and always was the Flintstones. The guy sent me a reply saying at the time it was the Flinstones you could look at Wikipedia, and all official TV show and vitamin sites and it was always Flintstones; he used the word Flintstones in all four examples given.

I said 'I Know' you are confirming my point that it was always Flintstones.

Then when I was done with my reply and I looked up at his original post and all four 'Flintstones' had changed on my static display to 'Flinstones'. Did I just see it wrong?? I looked away and came back and it was 'Flintstones' again. I would just look away, blink, change my focus looked back and it would flip again. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in under five minutes each time looking slowly and cautiously for this controversial 't' IN ALL FOUR PLACES. Essentially impossible to me that I made a mistake slowly and cautiously each time. I felt something was trying to wake me up.

• Haha 1

Some people will make up all sorts of stories to try and cover up with mistakes.

As government officials quickly find out the cover ups are more ridiculous than the original issue.

The same applies to this nonexistent effect.

There are people that are mistaken and there are people that are going to come up with the most idiotic excuses to pretend they were not mistaken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

On Aug 2, 2017 at about 16:40 EST, I was on reddit discussing the Flinstones/Flintstones flip on another thread. My position was that it is and always was the Flintstones. The guy sent me a reply saying at the time it was the Flinstones you could look at Wikipedia, and all official TV show and vitamin sites and it was always Flintstones; he used the word Flintstones in all four examples given.

I said 'I Know' you are confirming my point that it was always Flintstones.

Then when I was done with my reply and I looked up at his original post and all four 'Flintstones' had changed on my static display to 'Flinstones'. Did I just see it wrong?? I looked away and came back and it was 'Flintstones' again. I would just look away, blink, change my focus looked back and it would flip again. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in under five minutes each time looking slowly and cautiously for this controversial 't' IN ALL FOUR PLACES. Essentially impossible to me that I made a mistake slowly and cautiously each time. I felt something was trying to wake me up.

Personally, I would be worried that I've had a virus - especially if the conversation was near enough to real time.