Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happens if a signal is found?

Hazzard

7 hours ago, MrBene said:

Thing is, maybe alien civilizations have been sending signals for years and years, thing is maybe we do not have the technology to pick up/understand those signals. Maybe there are there but we can't detect them. Who knows right?
Like others have said, even tho we could pick up something positive the distance...the ol' mighty distance, it ruins pretty much everything. It would be fascinating tho. 

"People think we're looking for the value of pi, the Fibonacci series, prime numbers, Shakespeare sonnets, whatever. But none of that is true," says Dr. Seth Shostak, a Senior Astronomer at the SETI Institute. Scientists in the real world, he explains, look for something very simple - is the signal narrow band?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/fernandezelizabeth/2019/07/21/how-could-we-decode-a-message-from-extraterrestrials/#6d55003731a0 

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, MrBene said:

Thing is, maybe alien civilizations have been sending signals for years and years, thing is maybe we do not have the technology to pick up/understand those signals. Maybe there are there but we can't detect them. Who knows right?
Like others have said, even tho we could pick up something positive the distance...the ol' mighty distance, it ruins pretty much everything. It would be fascinating tho. 

It is a "message in a bottle" to an extreme :)

Why should they send signals if they can fly to us in half an hour or a couple of days? And undeveloped civilizations such as ours are well aware that the light will run very long to other stars, so it makes no sense to send signals.Even we rarely send information about us, but we listen to the broadcast more and they sit there and listen too? Although they seemed to send us a signal, but did our scientists take it seriously?

Spoiler

Poslanie-inoplanetyan-chelovechestvu.jpg

Edited by Coil

On 8/19/2019 at 4:22 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

one of the most common elements in asteroids is gold

Nonsense.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Coil said:

Why should they send signals if they can fly to us in half an hour or a couple of days?

So you dont use a phone in your life?

And undeveloped civilizations such as ours are well aware that the light will run very long to other stars, so it makes no sense to send signals.

Undeveloped compared to?

1 hour ago, toast said:

So you dont use a phone in your life?

The phone is suitable within the limits of the planet and for communication between the stars you need a different superlight phone and we don’t have one. So it’s easier for them to fly to us.

Undeveloped compared to?

Have you read Robert Monroe? He talked with aliens but they are so superior to us that we don’t need to communicate with them because of the too great difference between the worlds and they are in a non-physical state, so there will be no equal dialogue. They found us by the psychic radiation of the thoughts that our planet emitted and when they arrived here there was such an incredibly huge mental noise that they couldn’t get closer to our planet but we don’t feel it. And these creatures do mentally what we do with physical tools and they easily penetrated his consciousness and they read information from his brain. So they don’t even need to communicate because any information is extracted without the knowledge of a person. And just as we dissect a frog so they could delve into our minds without our permission penetrating their devices.
So no dialogue with higher ones will work and lower ones or people like us are sitting on their planets as we are waiting for signals from space.

5 minutes ago, Coil said:
The phone is suitable within the limits of the planet and for communication between the stars you need a different superlight phone and we don’t have one. So it’s easier for them to fly to us.

Obviously you didnt understood the meaning of my comment.

Have you read Robert Monroe? He talked with aliens but they are so superior to us that we don’t need to communicate with them because of the too great difference between the worlds and they are in a non-physical state, so there will be no equal dialogue.

No, I havent read Robert Moron and I dont see any reason to do that in future. People who claim to have spoken to "superior aliens" should call a psychological emergency service, like the people who believe in Roberts Moron`s claims.

They found us by the psychic radiation of the thoughts that our planet emitted and when they arrived here there was such an incredibly huge mental noise that they couldn’t get closer to our planet but we don’t feel it.

Brilliant! "Psychic Radiation" and "Mental Noise" would be superb names for the next albums of Iggy Pop and Dinosaur Jr.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, it's hard to communicate with people who are not in the subject of aliens and do not know how they live.
That's why you will not see them because to communicate with them on an equal footing you need to have a different mind and be a traveler through the worlds.

21 hours ago, Hazzard said:

"People think we're looking for the value of pi, the Fibonacci series, prime numbers, Shakespeare sonnets, whatever. But none of that is true," says Dr. Seth Shostak, a Senior Astronomer at the SETI Institute. Scientists in the real world, he explains, look for something very simple - is the signal narrow band?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/fernandezelizabeth/2019/07/21/how-could-we-decode-a-message-from-extraterrestrials/#6d55003731a0 

hello Hazzard, after reading your link, the next day I came across this article:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/fast-radio-bursts-signal-space-frb-alien-galaxy-telescope-a9073726.html

https://arxiv.org/abs/1908.03507

not sure if posted anywhere already but thought it was quite relevant to current thread. 

cheers

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Coil said:

Hmm, it's hard to communicate with people who are not in the subject of aliens and do not know how they live.
That's why you will not see them because to communicate with them on an equal footing you need to have a different mind and be a traveler through the worlds.

Kinda like with ghosts....  You do believe in ghosts dont you?! 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Coil said:

Why should they send signals if they can fly to us in half an hour or a couple of days? And undeveloped civilizations such as ours are well aware that the light will run very long to other stars, so it makes no sense to send signals.Even we rarely send information about us, but we listen to the broadcast more and they sit there and listen too? Although they seemed to send us a signal, but did our scientists take it seriously?

Reveal hidden contents

Poslanie-inoplanetyan-chelovechestvu.jpg

Do you know what makes even less sense, aliens flying lightyears through the many dangers of interstellar space only to come here "pee in the snow" and then play hide and seak with the locals.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Coil said:

Where did you get these ideas that you pretend are facts?

• Like 1

Thread cleaned

Enough with the personal insults please folks - keep it civil.

31 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Modification by Toast attributing to me: "There are some 20.000 asteroids as close to earth as the moon is with about 100 new ones found every year. "

Here is what you posted "There are some 9,000 asteroids as close to earth as the moon is with about 100 new ones found every year. And let me ask you, Toast, how man asteroids are there?? " You claim modification by Toast but that is not true.

Below is a list of asteroids approaching near the Earth and within a lunar distance. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_asteroid_close_approaches_to_Earth

Even your original link has this to state

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-Earth_object

Each year, several mostly small NEOs pass Earth closer than the distance of the Moon.

The confusion here seems to be that near earth means close to the orbit of the Earth possibly crossing the orbit.  When they cross the orbit they will be farther than the Moon if the inclination of the orbit exceeds 0.16 degrees to the ecliptic.

@stereologist  post your links that show I am wrong. Otherwise, give the links credence.

I showed conclusively that gold is quite abundant on asteroids and asteroids are quite abundant in our solar system. And I supplied links, like Wiki and FOX.

My points are made.  

you and others want to be contrarians but I see no evidence to your complaints. I see no links as to what the real truth is. hmmmm :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@stereologist  post your links that show I am wrong. Otherwise, give the links credence.

I showed conclusively that gold is quite abundant on asteroids and asteroids are quite abundant in our solar system. And I supplied links, like Wiki and FOX.

My points are made.  

you and others want to be contrarians but I see no evidence to your complaints. I see no links as to what the real truth is. hmmmm :unsure:

I just did. What is your inability to comprehend your error? I believe it is your inability to understand the meaning of near Earth in NEA.

You posted a link from FOX that turned out to be an article from a questionable tabloid. The original source was dubious.

The wiki link does not support your story.

Edited by stereologist

one of my links showing 20,000 asteroids detected in our solar system WAS a wiki link, how can it "debunk" me.

I'm not posting it a second time. I know where this is going.

In so much error today!!  Here is a link to Wiki's listing of over 540,000 minor planets  Lsit of minor planets Wiki

As of May 2019, there are 541,128 numbered minor planets (secured discoveries) out of a total of 794,832 observed bodies, with the remainder being unnumbered minor planets.[3][4]

One might ask, what is a minor planet?  Glad you asked!

The vast majority (97%) of minor planets are asteroids from the asteroid belt

I think I made my point, despite the critics with no links.

18 hours ago, stereologist said:

Where did you get these ideas that you pretend are facts?

This is my point of view. While adults are listening to the stars, aliens are flying around our planet but the government is hiding everything and how then we will approach  to understand them ...

21 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Do you know what makes even less sense, aliens flying lightyears through the many dangers of interstellar space only to come here "pee in the snow" and then play hide and seak with the locals.

I have several versions after reading various cases of contacts and events:

-aliens from the moon fly to us for natural resources
-other aliens fly here because their relatives live on earth in human bodies and they don’t forget their friends
- some fly for the first time to see our planet
The fourth kind of creatures is set near the Earth for important work on the transformation of mankind.
- another kind of species takes our and animal dna for analysis
- some know our difficult future and warn us of danger

1 hour ago, Coil said:

This is my point of view. While adults are listening to the stars, aliens are flying around our planet but the government is hiding everything and how then we will approach  to understand them ...

-other aliens fly here because their relatives live on earth in human bodies and they don’t forget their friends
The fourth kind of creatures is set near the Earth for important work on the transformation of mankind.

Thats very interesting and all, but, there is the small matter of credible evidence that this is more than just your fantasy. The cases that I have looked into all have one thing in common, they are all lacking that final (and most important) piece of the puzzle. It always seem to come down to if you believe or not. If you are willing to take that leap of faith. That is not even close to good enough for me.

As for Aliens comming here abducting the locals... Remember the Roper survey on alien abductions!? The survey did not directly ask its 6000 respondents if they had been abducted by aliens. Instead it asked them if they had undergone any of the following experiences:

--Waking up paralyzed with a sense of a strange person or presence or something else in the room.

--Experiencing a period of time of an hour or more, in which you were apparently lost, but you could not remember why, or where you had been.

--Seeing unusual lights or balls of light in a room without knowing what was causing them, or where they came from.

--Finding puzzling scars on your body and neither you nor anyone else remembering how you received them or where you got them.

--Feeling that you were actually flying through the air although you didnt know why or how.

Saying yes to 4 of the 5 "symptoms" was taken as evidence of alien abduction. A 62-page report, with an introduction by John Mack, was mailed to some 100,000 psychiatrists, psychologist and other mental health professionals.

The implication was that some 4 million Americans or some 100 million Earthlings(!!) have been abducted by aliens.

To me, this is pure and utter NONSENSE.

I am however willing to change my mind on this, if presented with credible evidence that these millions of people were indeed taken on board an alien star ship.

Do I think that this "alien abduction" is worth serious sustained systematic attention?... absolutely. I just seriously doubt there will be Aliens at the end of the rainbow.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

one of my links showing 20,000 asteroids detected in our solar system WAS a wiki link, how can it "debunk" me.

I'm not posting it a second time. I know where this is going.

It's not the number we keep saying. It is the location. Why are you missing that part of the discussion?

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

In so much error today!!  Here is a link to Wiki's listing of over 540,000 minor planets  Lsit of minor planets Wiki

As of May 2019, there are 541,128 numbered minor planets (secured discoveries) out of a total of 794,832 observed bodies, with the remainder being unnumbered minor planets.[3][4]

One might ask, what is a minor planet?  Glad you asked!

The vast majority (97%) of minor planets are asteroids from the asteroid belt

I think I made my point, despite the critics with no links.

Again, it is not the number. It is the location. Why are you overlooking that the issue is the proximity to Earth?

Edited by stereologist

2 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Thats very interesting and all, but, there is the small matter of credible evidence that this is more than just your fantasy. The cases that I have looked into all have one thing in common, they are all lacking that final (and most important) piece of the puzzle. It always seem to come down to if you believe or not. If you are willing to take that leap of faith. That is not even close to good enough for me.

In Ukraine there was a case of abduction and return of a person by aliens:
As long as there are no exact refutations about obvious cases of abduction, you need to rely on their words; otherwise, unbelief can break every case and everyone can be called an inventor for the sake of fame or the desire to deceive people.

Edited by Coil
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Coil said:

So all of this is pretend.  Your comments about any of this are simply made up and not based on any substance.

11 minutes ago, Coil said:
In Ukraine there was a case of abduction and return of a person by aliens:
As long as there are no exact refutations about obvious cases of abduction, you need to rely on their words; otherwise, unbelief can break every case and everyone can be called an inventor for the sake of fame or the desire to deceive people.

There are many people claiming abductions yet there is no evidence of any abduction.

Should we believe in fairies too? Should we believe all of the stories we here? How all all of the stories from prisoners that they are innocent?

• Like 1