Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happens if a signal is found?

Hazzard

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

So all of this is pretend.  Your comments about any of this are simply made up and not based on any substance.

He who seeks finds evidence but for you everything is fiction.
I know your point, so don’t waste time on me.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Coil said:

There isn't evidence for things that do not exist. 

Not everything is fiction. For example, signals are not fiction. UFOs are not fiction. There are plenty of times people have no idea what they are viewing. That does not make them alien craft as so many people want to pretend they are. There is no evidence that they are alien.

You recently claimed that someone was abducted by aliens. Is that a story or did that happen? There is nothing but a story. 

You recently claimed that aliens fly from the Moon to the Earth to obtain natural resources. Any evidence for that? You might not be aware but there are no radar reports of things leaving the atmosphere.

You claim aliens are here that look like us. Where is the evidence?

You state that "He who seeks finds evidence" so where is it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coil said:
In Ukraine there was a case of abduction and return of a person by aliens:

As long as there are no exact refutations about obvious cases of abduction, you need to rely on their words; otherwise, unbelief can break every case and everyone can be called an inventor for the sake of fame or the desire to deceive people.

All you have here is someone saying something! Im sorry but when it comes to extraordinary claims like this I require, infact demand, extraordinary evidence. Im going to need more that someone flapping their lips.

Do you have any of that? 

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

There isn't evidence for things that do not exist. 

Not everything is fiction. For example, signals are not fiction. UFOs are not fiction. There are plenty of times people have no idea what they are viewing. That does not make them alien craft as so many people want to pretend they are. There is no evidence that they are alien.You recently claimed that someone was abducted by aliens. Is that a story or did that happen? There is nothing but a story. You recently claimed that aliens fly from the Moon to the Earth to obtain natural resources. Any evidence for that? You might not be aware but there are no radar reports of things leaving the atmosphere.You claim aliens are here that look like us. Where is the evidence?You state that "He who seeks finds evidence" so where is it?

The aliens have submarine bases at the bottom of the oceans, they place them there to be away from the eyes of people and get the resources they need and from there comes a strong roar as from under powerful machines.People also saw their ships flying out from under the water. Some of their bases are located inside the rocks where it’s difficult for people to get. One base in Russia where there is a plant for the extraction of radioactive elements or rare earths nearby. Their ship could not go into the rock and crashed and scientists found that some kind of metal network pierced the skin of their ship. This is the most famous case of falling a huge alien ship in Russia. After it exploded, the aliens collected debris but not all and some were discovered by residents who saw a huge flash of fire.
On the moon, their ship was flying at a speed of 200 km per second so they can quickly fly in and radars can not detect them or they will be invisible to radar.

Somewhere there is communication of the detained alien in Roswell who claimed that part of their people incarnates on the earth and they are indistinguishable from ordinary people.
In any case, this is all information and cannot be double-checked.

1 hour ago, Hazzard said:

All you have here is someone saying something! Im sorry but when it comes to extraordinary claims like this I require, infact demand, extraordinary evidence. Im going to need more that someone flapping their lips.

Do you have any of that? 

Until it is proved that that person was cheating, I can not accept his words as a lie.

Imagine you were taken away for a couple of days and then returned back. And no matter how much you prove that you were there, there will always be factors proving that you were not there, that you invented everything, that you lack facts and so on. Because everything is based on the words of people but you don’t have a certificate of visit or objects from their planet. And science needs to be felt and seen, and what should these crowds of scientists bring there to prove to them? No one will do this.

44 minutes ago, Coil said:

Until it is proved that that person was cheating, I can not accept his words as a lie.

Actually its the other way around. Its the one making the claim that has the burdon of proof.

Imagine you were taken away for a couple of days and then returned back. And no matter how much you prove that you were there, there will always be factors proving that you were not there, that you invented everything, that you lack facts and so on. Because everything is based on the words of people but you don’t have a certificate of visit or objects from their planet. And science needs to be felt and seen, and what should these crowds of scientists bring there to prove to them? No one will do this.

So you automatically believe in every and all fantastic stories and claims you ever read and heard? Jesus H Christ your world myst be one scary place. Monsters, ghosts, demons, aliens, timetravelers, interdimensionalbeings, trolls, witches and seacreatures, only to name a few! 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2019 at 2:23 PM, Hazzard said:

Arecibo records strange signals from the region of Ross 128.  The SETI Institute's Allen Telescope Array joins the effort to uncover the source.

https://www.seti.org/signals-nearby-star-system

Despite what you might expect (especially if you are into Conspiracy theories) this protocol is not a classified government document stashed in a safe. Theres no sealed envelope to be ripped open. The text can be found on many websites and is straightforward and unsurprising. It states that scientists making the discovery should first do all they can to prove that the signal is truly extraterrestrial, then alert other astronomers (who would turn their telescopes to the new find), inform the government and tell the public. 

The biggest discovery of all time would result in big headlines in the morning newspapers, followed by a blistering stream of radio and TV reports? Seti practitioners and astronomers have no policy of secrecy, there are many in other countries than the US you know, and consequently any intriguing signals they find are quickly noted by the media. Then the "fun" would begin! 

Holy ****, I cannot imagine releasing that information and having hordes of crazys going nuts, religious zealots claiming the end of the world, press vans everywhere covering the nutty reactions, "THE END IS NOW",  aluminum foil sales tripling in a matter of days of the revelation, etc., etc... With that in mind, if I was on the team that actually received intelligent signals that could only be from extraterrestrial life, even I might be inclined to keep it an absolute secret?!

To detect a signal from another planet be wondrous. It would show that the appearance of life that can comprehend their own existence is not some improbable miracle, but a frequent occurrence? 

In the 17th century, when early telescopes were revealing great clouds of stars, French mathematician and philosopher Blaise Pascal wrote that the enormity of space terrified him. "Space is enormous. To learn that others are out there would be a comfort". 

Give over, if they have the means to get here they have known about life here for a long long time.

49 minutes ago, Coil said:

The aliens have submarine bases at the bottom of the oceans, they place them there to be away from the eyes of people and get the resources they need and from there comes a strong roar as from under powerful machines.People also saw their ships flying out from under the water. Some of their bases are located inside the rocks where it’s difficult for people to get. One base in Russia where there is a plant for the extraction of radioactive elements or rare earths nearby. Their ship could not go into the rock and crashed and scientists found that some kind of metal network pierced the skin of their ship. This is the most famous case of falling a huge alien ship in Russia. After it exploded, the aliens collected debris but not all and some were discovered by residents who saw a huge flash of fire.
On the moon, their ship was flying at a speed of 200 km per second so they can quickly fly in and radars can not detect them or they will be invisible to radar.

Somewhere there is communication of the detained alien in Roswell who claimed that part of their people incarnates on the earth and they are indistinguishable from ordinary people.

I asked for evidence and you posted more stories. 

Where is there evidence?  Is this all you have are stories that I have to say are rather hilarious. One of the funny ones is that the space ships have a known speed but they can't be detected by radar. This is one of the biggest joke tactics by the fringe. They pretend you can't know and that specific traits are known. This is called shooting yourself in the foot. You posted something that says you are wrong and managed to do it in the same sentence.

Next you claim something and then state it cannot be known. How wonderful of you to state things as fact and also that they cannot be known at the same time.

Then you say that you are extremely gullible: "Until it is proved that that person was cheating, I can not accept his words as a lie." :lol:

It is just a story and remains just a story until it is proved that it is more than a story. Look for the evidence which you clearly do not have.

To finish off you make up some silly convoluted illogical claims about being unable to show that you were abducted. None of that made sense. Not sure what you are on about. The simple fact is that stories are stories. Things can be proved and police do it with kidnap victims all of the time. The alien abduction cases never are. They are just stories.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Coil said:

Do you have any idea how crazy this sound to the rest of us? Where do you get your information from?!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

Monsters, ghosts, demons, aliens, timetravelers, interdimensionalbeings, trolls, witches and seacreatures, only to name a few!

I’m not afraid of such information and so many creatures. After all, while reading about many animal species and plants, you are not surprised at their existence and body structure? Also, I am not surprised at all for it is familiar things to me because mysticism is interesting to me.

Spoiler

But I am afraid of demons because they want to bring the Antichrist to the earth and it will end very badly for humanity. Complete devastation and degradation is in front of my eyes, and present time is a happy past in which I live.

Do you have any idea how crazy this sound to the rest of us? Where do you get your information from?!

If you are interested in extraterrestrial, you will constantly find such information and you will have a more complete picture of what they are doing on earth. I know that it may look strange because in my research I do not reject anything, therefore there is too much gap between ordinary people who are not interested in such things and those who collected information about them for a long time.

For example, the speed of their ship was measured on the Moon since knowing the distances on the Moon from one part to another and the transit time, their speed of movement can be calculated exactly since it crossed a huge area of the Moon in a few seconds.

If their speed is 200 km per second, then calculate for how long they fly to Earth.

Edited by Coil

Compiling many stories is not the same as collecting evidence. At best it might lead to finding evidence.

Information does not have to be true. Information can be a collection of  knowledge about things that are not real such as video game information or Middle Earth information. 

Story tellers can tell you anything. They can tell you how fast something travels even if that thing is not real. Take Spiderman as an example. He is not real yet you can see him travel faster than gravity allows in every movie. My rough guess is that Spiderman is traveling at supersonic speeds at times. In free fall you fall 16 feet in the first second. It should take 3 seconds to fall 14 floors. Swinging takes longer to drop. Yet, Spiderman manages to travel 20 floors per second swinging and a city block in a second or so. 

This is information about an imaginary character. It isn't real. He isn't real and his physics defying travel are not real.

You claim that an object which cannot be detected "was measured on the Moon". How was it observed? Earth based telescopes could not resolve an object that small.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/45-our-solar-system/the-moon/the-moon-landings/122-are-there-telescopes-that-can-see-the-flag-and-lunar-rover-on-the-moon-beginner

The largest optical wavelength telescope that we have now is the Keck Telescope in Hawaii which is 10 meters in diameter. The Hubble Space Telescope is only 2.4 meters in diameter - much too small!

Resolving the larger lunar rover (which has a length of 3.1 meters) would still require a telescope 75 meters in diameter.

Even barely resolving the lunar lander base, which is 9.5 meters across (including landing gear), would require a telescope about 25 meters across. And in reality you would want a couple (or a few) resolution elements across the object so that it's possible to identify it. (Otherwise it'll look like a one pixel detection, not an image, and I don't think people would be convinced by a couple pixels!) In addition, with a ground based telescope, you have to deal with distortion by the atmosphere as well, so you'll probably want something considerably larger than 25 meters if you want a good, believable, image of the lander. We don't have anything that big built yet! So there's really no way to image equipment left behind by the astronauts with current telescope technology.

Your story about measuring something seen traveling across the Moon is a hoax. It did not happen. I just provided the evidence showing that the story is a false story.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You claim that an object which cannot be detected "was measured on the Moon". How was it observed? Earth based telescopes could not resolve an object that small.

The fact of the matter is that the ship was huge. As far back as 60 years in Soviet books on astronomy, they pointed out interesting flashes on the Moon that must be kilometers in size to be seen from Earth. Given that the Moon is always facing us on one side, they can move freely on the dark side.

57 minutes ago, Coil said:

I’m not afraid of such information and so many creatures. After all, while reading about many animal species and plants, you are not surprised at their existence and body structure? Also, I am not surprised at all for it is familiar things to me because mysticism is interesting to me.

Hide contents

But I am afraid of demons because they want to bring the Antichrist to the earth and it will end very badly for humanity. Complete devastation and degradation is in front of my eyes, and present time is a happy past in which I live.

If you are interested in extraterrestrial, you will constantly find such information and you will have a more complete picture of what they are doing on earth. I know that it may look strange because in my research I do not reject anything, therefore there is too much gap between ordinary people who are not interested in such things and those who collected information about them for a long time.

For example, the speed of their ship was measured on the Moon since knowing the distances on the Moon from one part to another and the transit time, their speed of movement can be calculated exactly since it crossed a huge area of the Moon in a few seconds.

If their speed is 200 km per second, then calculate for how long they fly to Earth.

Ok, wow!.... Let me ask you this, is there a paranormal claim that you dont believe in? A claim that sounds too weird, a claim that you absolutely want to see better evidence for before believing in? 

There is a saying that goes something like this "Having an open mind is like having an open window, without a good screen you get all sorts of weird bugs".

Wouldnt it be better for you if there were at least some credible proof to support your claims and stories? A link perhaps?

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

Ok, wow!.... Let me ask you this, is there a paranormal claim that you dont believe in? A claim that sounds too weird, a claim that you absolutely want to see better evidence for before believing in?

You need to know a specific event to evaluate its reliability and your question is too general to give an answer.

Read this incredible incident:
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

It's not the number we keep saying. It is the location. Why are you missing that part of the discussion?

Screw the location - it has nothing to do with the thrust of it all.

My thrust:   There is an ample supply of gold in asteroids. and, there are hundreds of thousands of asteroids in our solar system.

And as is per usual, you have shown no link that contras my thrust. In fact, as much as you moan about it, you have shown me no link that shows that the figure 9,000 asteroids within MD to earth that I posted in a link is wrong. All you do is move your lips saying "EoT you are so wrong".

Really…??  Get your links and prove it all. You know damn right well you can't

14 minutes ago, Coil said:
You need to know a specific event to evaluate its reliability and your question is too general to give an answer.

What Im asking is, how do you evaluate these stories credibility? They cant all be true, can they? How do you separate the lies, hoaxes and bullcrap from the real deal?

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

Again, it is not the number. It is the location. Why are you overlooking that the issue is the proximity to Earth?

Because It has absolutely nothing to do with my thrust, that's why. You're trying t move the goal posts to start an argument.

Why are you not getting links that show me I was wrong?  You've posted more than anyone in here about it. But NO LINKS

Trying to start an argument? 

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Screw the location - it has nothing to do with the thrust of it all.

My thrust:   There is an ample supply of gold in asteroids. and, there are hundreds of thousands of asteroids in our solar system.

And as is per usual, you have shown no link that contras my thrust. In fact, as much as you moan about it, you have shown me no link that shows that the figure 9,000 asteroids within MD to earth that I posted in a link is wrong. All you do is move your lips saying "EoT you are so wrong".

Really…??  Get your links and prove it all. You know damn right well you can't

The location is what you are mistaken about. That is all. You stated that there were a certain number of asteroids inside of the orbit of the Moon and that is false.

You seem completely stubborn about being helped out.

I did show that your claims of those inside of the orbit of the Moon are wrong. There were many links including your own link. 

As I stated several times your understanding of near earth asteroids needs to be fixed.

5 hours ago, Coil said:

That is unfortunately the lay of the land in here, Coil.  People who propose theories are often given a bad treatment by some other posters.

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Because It has absolutely nothing to do with my thrust, that's why. You're trying t move the goal posts to start an argument.

Why are you not getting links that show me I was wrong?  You've posted more than anyone in here about it. But NO LINKS

Trying to start an argument? 

You keep posting the same error. I'm pointing out this error which you continue to obstinately repeat.

The links you post show that NEAs are not often inside of the orbit of the Moon.

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

That is unfortunately the lay of the land in here, Coil.  People who propose theories are often given a bad treatment by some other posters.

I agree with the gold content, but the location of those asteroids is NOT what you are claiming.

Stop being a hot head and read the link from the wikipedia especially the sections dealing with location. It breaks the NEAs into 3 orbital groups.

Correction: You are overstating the gold content. Most of the Earth's gold, which is enormous is in the core when the gold alloyed with the iron.

Edited by stereologist

Just now, stereologist said:

The location is what you are mistaken about. That is all. You stated that there were a certain number of asteroids inside of the orbit of the Moon and that is false.

That figure, yes was in my link.,  But like I told toast, if you want to contra it GET A LINK. you endlessly complain and complain with NO LINK

Just now, stereologist said:

You seem completely stubborn about being helped out.

I did show that your claims of those inside of the orbit of the Moon are wrong. There were many links including your own link. 

As I stated several times your understanding of near earth asteroids needs to be fixed.

Well I would say what really needs to be fixed, you need to stop blowing up posts on superfluous BS just to cause trouble

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You keep posting the same error. I'm pointing out this error which you continue to obstinately repeat.

The links you post show that NEAs are not often inside of the orbit of the Moon.

you're needling and arguing for the sake of causing trouble.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

I agree with the gold content, but the location of those asteroids is NOT what you are claiming.

Stop being a hot head and read the link from the wikipedia especially the sections dealing with location. It breaks the NEAs into 3 orbital groups.

Stop trying to cause trouble. If you  have a link POST IT and...

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

That figure, yes was in my link.,  But like I told toast, if you want to contra it GET A LINK. you endlessly complain and complain with NO LINK

Well I would say what really needs to be fixed, you need to stop blowing up posts on superfluous BS just to cause trouble

The figure was but the location was wrong. The number of NEAs is not where you placed them. Get a link to prove what you claimed. You are wrong.

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

you're needling and arguing for the sake of causing trouble.

What is so hard for you to read a simple piece of text and understand the location of NEAs?