Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Epstein found Dead in Jail

Gwynbleidd

8 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

A person self asphyxiating simply can not endure the amount of pain in order to crush their own hyoid. That's my opinion. 

Well, sort of. Maybe. But can you imagine leaning against a ligature long enough  to strangle yourself? And yet it happens.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

And? It's out there and has been out there for a long time. Read the reviews.

I'm sorry Scot, but I can only suggest you go back and read the reviews again yourself. 

Look at what dates the negative reviews are written

Then take a look at what dates the positive reviews are written

There is one other negative one in 2008 that reviews the book with a "proper" review on the actual prose of the book.

Nowhere in ANY of the other reviews in the past, does it discuss sexual slavery.     

The negative reviews you've looked at are clearly trolls due to the dates they've been submitted and the book called Space Relations has nothing to do with Epstein (who they have also mentioned in their reviews, funnily enough). 

To be honest, I wouldn't have suspected you to be a person who took notice of public reviews without fact checking something first before posting. I searched your Rollingstone article for the word Barr and came to find nothing.  

If you don't mind and no offense to you, but please show me something reputable that isn't some public person's review of a book that's trying to make this a political issue (yet again!), and I'd definitely be happy to read it.

https://www.amazon.com/Space-relations-slightly-gothic-interplanetary/product-reviews/0860000249/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt_rgt?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&filterByStar=critical&pageNumber=1

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

to me it could be a murder,? it said he hung himself on a sheet in the his bunk bed , but he could have stopped it by stepping on the his bottom bunk ?

If he were conscious...

11 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Broken hyoid bone in neck. This is not consistent with a suicide by hanging. This is overwhelming more consistent with strangulation by another person. 

Why? Because a person struggling against being strangled stretches out their neck attempting to breath against the strangulation force despite extreme pain and the strangler has to apply more direct force where the hyoid is situated in the throat, thus breaking this bone and cutting of the airway no matter how a person continues to struggle against the force. 

A person self asphyxiating simply can not endure the amount of pain in order to crush their own hyoid. That's my opinion. 

to me it could be a murder,? it said he hung himself on his sheet in the his bunk bed , but he could have stopped  him self  from killing him self  by stepping on the his bottom bunk .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

to me it could be a murder,? it said he hung himself on his sheet in the his bunk bed , but he could have stopped  him self  from killing him self  by stepping on the his bottom bunk .

Plus the bars too, are the only other place in the Special Housing Unit where someone could try to hang themselves (the bars by the doorway) which one would think a camera would be pointed upon from some angle. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

OOOOORRRRRR the KNOWN liar and pedophile could've lied about being attacked to get taken off of suicide watch....

I'm not sure what you think I was replying to, but it was a post saying the other inmates in the cells around Epstein should probably have some kind of information about what went on and the comings and goings at the time of the suicide/unknown happening. I was speculating they may think it wiser and possibly healthier to say nothing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

Well, sort of. Maybe. But can you imagine leaning against a ligature long enough  to strangle yourself? And yet it happens.

Yes, it would be rather painful and you'd have to have one heck of a death wish to actually go through with it.  It' wouldn't be a short exercise either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pixiii said:

Not working.  Malfunctioned.  Conveniently.

They didn't say the cameras weren't working as far as I know. Only that they didn't point into the cells. No footage has been released.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ScotDeerie said:

If he were conscious...

well that could be true :( but he had a least twenty minutes in stopping breathing and can just stepped on that bottom  bunk  to survive

15 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I'm sorry Scot, but I can only suggest you go back and read the reviews again yourself. 

Look at what dates the negative reviews are written

Then take a look at what dates the positive reviews are written

There is one other negative one in 2008 that reviews the book with a "proper" review on the actual prose of the book.

Nowhere in ANY of the other reviews in the past, does it discuss sexual slavery.     

The negative reviews you've looked at are clearly trolls due to the dates they've been submitted and the book called Space Relations has nothing to do with Epstein (who they have also mentioned in their reviews, funnily enough). 

To be honest, I wouldn't have suspected you to be a person who took notice of public reviews without fact checking something first before posting. I searched your Rollingstone article for the word Barr and came to find nothing.  

If you don't mind and no offense to you, but please show me something reputable that isn't some public person's review of a book that's trying to make this a political issue (yet again!), and I'd definitely be happy to read it.

https://www.amazon.com/Space-relations-slightly-gothic-interplanetary/product-reviews/0860000249/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt_rgt?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&filterByStar=critical&pageNumber=1

I referred you to the reviews of the book, not the biased ones, per se. But here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2019/08/donald-barr/amp/

Research more as you wish. The angle is there as well as a theme  that says “superior” people can administer justice as they see fit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

I referred you to the reviews of the book, not the biased ones, per se. But here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2019/08/donald-barr/amp/

Research more as you wish. The angle is there as well as a theme  that says “superior” people can administer justice as they see fit. 

I still don't understand what you're saying though.  Could you please elaborate on how you feel Barr is connected to Epstein other than both being employed at Dalton College at the same time.  It's also unclear as the school has changed it's yearbook records to say that Barr and Epstein were even there at the same time.  I thought I should mention that before you go ahead.  Therefore, I'm not sure what you're basing your assumptions on.  It can't just be reviews or that they worked at the same place.  That's absurd, and again, it's like categorising an entire group of people simply because they're in the same place at the same time.  It's not objective thinking at all imo. 

I believe you're attempting to make this a poltical issue simply because Barr's son is the current AG.  We've been through this before in this thread.

13 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

well that could be true :( but he had a least twenty minutes in stopping breathing and can just stepped on that bottom  bunk  to survive

Five minutes. And you’re assuming he wanted to stop it.

31 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

I'm not disagreeing with you - I can see there is definitely a theme re the "superior" people as you call them do feel they are above the law in any manner.  I just haven't seen anything to do with old Barr that's been reputable at all thus far.  That's all. 

Barr's book is fictional and sci fi.  I just did a quick search to check on other fictional books that have a heavy theme of sexual slavery.  You'd never believe how many I got back in the search results! :lol:  

Check this one out - this guy wrote a series from 1966 through to 2016.  This series is so popular, fans are now...well you can read on:

Meeting the 24/7 Sex Slaves Inspired By a Sci-Fi Series

When John Norman wrote the 'Gor' books, he envisioned a fantasy world where all women were slaves to male masters. Now, his fans are re-creating it.

I wonder why this guy wasn't torn apart for associating with Epstein.  Oh wait, he probably never associated with him.  This is why guilt by association isn't practical in the Epstein case.  It's unfair to those who could be genuinely innocent.

I'm not trying to change your mind or anything Scot.  I personally tend to be more of an objective thinker when it comes to this topic in particular.  I refuse to let my emotions get a hold of me, even though what Epstein did is unforgivable.  I can't form an educated judgment on heresay (re Barr's Amazon reviews).  I hope that makes sense. :)      

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

Five minutes. And you’re assuming he wanted to stop it.

well to me Epstein the billionaire'  of  a sex trafficking ring,  knew  other  billionaire's  of  the sex  trafficking that could have killed him :(     

• Like 2

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/ap/two-mystery-parties-try-to-restrict-release-of-epstein-documents/article_a030fd44-5e79-564d-b319-701ca929441e.html

Two people tried to stop the release of the unsealed documents.

Thanks for the link Tiggs. A lot to read in there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/ap/two-mystery-parties-try-to-restrict-release-of-epstein-documents/article_a030fd44-5e79-564d-b319-701ca929441e.html

Two people tried to stop the release of the unsealed documents.

Thanks for the link Tiggs. A lot to read in there.

Isn't it a great little newspaper Susie?  I found a stack of info in there that was really insightful, especially after seeing all of the bigger msm news articles.  Was a nice change to see a local take on it all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pixiii said:

Wow, what a great little newspaper this VirginIslandsdailynews.com is, thanks for the link @Tiggs :D 

I just found an article on a British fellow who was reporting on this type of behaviour over a century ago and how the "elites" as you'd call them back then, would purchase a virgin girl for 20 pounds as an example.  When he released this info, the authorities attempted heavy censorship by banning it, which of course, only drove the price up for a copy of the information.  

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/print_only/the-journalist-who-exposed-the-jeffrey-epsteins-of-victorian-london/article_e03641ea-610b-58b1-8225-67c4a436fa59.html

The journalist who exposed the Jeffrey Epsteins of Victorian London

Wealthy men soliciting underage girls for sex. Girls lured to expensive homes by promises of good-paying jobs. Captains of commerce and heads of state reveling in debauchery. Officials looking the other way.

Sounds familiar.

You can find this all the way back to Roman Emperors although they seem to have preferred young boys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pixiii said:

Apparently the sheet was made of paper which is standard prison issue for the SHU cells.  However, maybe he had his lawyers make an exception for him to have cloth sheets, I don't know.   

I think the paper sheets were only in the suicide unit. What he had probably wasn't of good cloth though.

• Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

You can find this all the way back to Roman Emperors although they seem to have preferred young boys.

Oh yes, and the Greeks - women were used for procreational purposes only.  Men were used for pleasure.  I was surprised to see the cover-up's even happening back in the Victorian era is why I posted that article.  Poor guy was trying to let people know and still encountered censorship!  :(  

• Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

I think the paper sheets were only in the suicide unit. What he had probably wasn't of good cloth though.

Yes, could you imagine someone of his self arrogance and importance sleeping on paper sheets? I'd imagine he'd have asked for them to be removed as soon as possible.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pixiii said:

Space Relations?  I've never heard of Barr being accused of writing sex slavery books before you posted that today.

The book is in the thread. It was a sci-fi kind of along the lines of the movie Barbarella. There were hundreds of sci-fi and comic books like that out at the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

Do you deny that there are 10,547 genders?

• Haha 2

I posted the reviews for Barr's book back a few pages in this thread. Amazon says the book is out of print and hard to get. It was published in 1974.

Wow. It took a long time to catch up. I got a little sidelined by Tigg's post. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lost_shaman said:

Do you deny that there are 10,547 genders?

I never counted.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, pixiii said:

Yes, could you imagine someone of his self arrogance and importance sleeping on paper sheets? I'd imagine he'd have asked for them to be removed as soon as possible.  

I think once he left the suicide unit they stopped the paper sheets. I'm sure the ones he got instead weren't cotton though. :P

They sure weren't satin or silk.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1