Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Epstein found Dead in Jail

Gwynbleidd

Business Insider says some of the deposition refers to Wexner. I wondered when I read about the outfit but I haven't seen the questions about the NYC mansion yet. With hindsight, I've been able to fill in some of the blanks. Others I'm not real sure of.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ghislaine-maxwell-deposition-hints-at-jeffrey-epstein-les-wexner-link-2020-10

• Like 1

I went down through the pages tab on the NPR link to check what I heard today and there are 465 pages. 

• Thanks 1

I'm going back now. I'm on page 347. The deposition is easy to read for anyone who wants to read it and hasn't started yet. It's just long. 

1 hour ago, skliss said:

Im at around 250. Will get back to it later. Whew...she's soooooo entitled!

This woman doesn't remember anything. Or she insists they reword the question. She's trying hard to not answer anything but she's cornering herself doing it and contradicts herself often. I can see the perjury charge. She caught herself up in it.

• Like 1

Starting on pg 347 to where I am now on pg 374, they discuss a lot of emails. Pg 347 is the first I heard that Ghislaine and Epstein tried to accuse Guiffre of grand theft. She was asked for a police report which she said she didn't have. I'll have to look for that. She and Epstein discussed what they were going to release to the press a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, susieice said:

I'm going back now. I'm on page 347. The deposition is easy to read for anyone who wants to read it and hasn't started yet. It's just long. 

This woman doesn't remember anything. Or she insists they reword the question. She's trying hard to not answer anything but she's cornering herself doing it and contradicts herself often. I can see the perjury charge. She caught herself up in it.

And the lawyer keeps reminding her that she doesn't make the decisions, she doesn't get to ask the questions, etc. Talk about a hostile witness! 

• Like 1

Poor Ghislaine.....she doesn't like the prison food. 

Operation GGO: Campaign to free Ghislaine Maxwell from jail is launched as a family friend claims she’s lost 25lbs in custody and is forced to wear paper clothes

The family of Ghislaine Maxwell has launched a campaign to get her out of jail, claiming she's lost considerable weight and her human rights were violated. 

Operation GGO, a campaign to 'get Ghislaine out' from her Brooklyn prison cell, comes after she previously sought release this summer on a $5million bail related to sex trafficking charges. 

She maintained her innocence, but the Manhattan judge deemed her a flight risk considering she had evaded capture for nearly a year.

........ cont

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8875527/Operation-GGO-Campaign-free-Ghislaine-Maxwell-jail-launched.html#comments

• Like 1

Here's what the Miami Herald has to say about Ghislaine's deposition.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article246624308.html

The testimony released Thursday showed the degree to which Maxwell was obstructive in her sworn testimony about her relationship with Epstein, although the detailed questioning by Giuffre’s lawyers outlined her intimate knowledge of his empire.

When asked if she had ever seen a girl under the age of 18 in Epstein’s home who wasn’t the child of a friend, Maxwell denied any knowledge.

Two more depositions from unnamed people referred to as Doe 1 and Doe 2 are expected to be released within the next month.

A second deposition Maxwell gave in July 2016, one that has not yet been unsealed, is more revelatory because Maxwell was forced to give answers, said David Boies, the prominent attorney representing Giuffre.

“What you see and what was released is only the beginning of revelations about the scope and scale of the Epstein/Maxwell trafficking ring. We are finally seeing how it operated, a bit of who was involved beyond what is publicly known,” Boies said. “This is only a small part of the evidence that was accumulated during our civil case.”

Time and time again in the April 2016 deposition, Maxwell avoided answering direct questions about her knowledge of Epstein’s alleged sexual abuse of girls. In fact, she uttered the phrase “I don’t recall” 66 times in the lengthy deposition and 42 times said “I don’t recollect.”

After showing her a copy of a police report with allegations from 30 girls that Epstein had sexually abused them, Giuffre’s lawyers asked Maxwell 20 times whether she believed Epstein “sexually abused minors” or “interacted sexually with minors.” Maxwell refused to give a direct answer, instead repeatedly maintaining that Giuffre’s accusations about her and Epstein had been lies.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

The Miami Herald article is long but a very good read if you want to know about this deposition. They were the first ones to file in court to get this information released.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skliss said:

Poor Ghislaine.....she doesn't like the prison food. 

Operation GGO: Campaign to free Ghislaine Maxwell from jail is launched as a family friend claims she’s lost 25lbs in custody and is forced to wear paper clothes

The family of Ghislaine Maxwell has launched a campaign to get her out of jail, claiming she's lost considerable weight and her human rights were violated. 

Operation GGO, a campaign to 'get Ghislaine out' from her Brooklyn prison cell, comes after she previously sought release this summer on a $5million bail related to sex trafficking charges. 

She maintained her innocence, but the Manhattan judge deemed her a flight risk considering she had evaded capture for nearly a year.

........ cont

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8875527/Operation-GGO-Campaign-free-Ghislaine-Maxwell-jail-launched.html#comments

The NY Post is reporting this too. She needs to stay put but I do think she should receive her mail. She chooses a vegan diet and it probably isn't all they serve there. She's not at a restaurant. 

https://nypost.com/2020/10/24/operation-underway-to-spring-ghislaine-maxwell-from-jail/

12 hours ago, susieice said:

The NY Post is reporting this too. She needs to stay put but I do think she should receive her mail. She chooses a vegan diet and it probably isn't all they serve there. She's not at a restaurant. 

https://nypost.com/2020/10/24/operation-underway-to-spring-ghislaine-maxwell-from-jail/

Exactly...you can tell from the transcripts she's used to getting her way...you in jail now, lady.  :D

I agree that she should get her mail. We aren't savages.

• Like 1

Now French prosecutors are going to expand their investigation into Epstein to include Ghislaine. This is the first I've heard from them in over a year. Are they ever going to do anything about Jean Luc Brunell and the young girls he took to Little St James?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8878825/French-prosecutors-probing-Jeffrey-Epstein-widen-probe-include-Ghislaine-Maxwell.html

Edited by susieice

We know when Prince Andrew gave his interview to the BBC, British media already had the emails between him and Ghislaine about Guiffre. That info is in this thread back when we were discussing the interview. Now this is coming out of the deposition. He calls her Virginia Roberts because she was not married at the time and that was her maiden name. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/oct/23/prince-andrew-asked-ghislaine-maxwell-about-accuser-documents-suggest

Maxwell issued a public statement denying Giuffre’s claims that she helped Epstein abuse her on 2 January 2015. In her deposition, Maxwell confirmed that the following day she sent an email, stating: “Have some info. Call me when you have a moment.” The recipient’s name is redacted but the subject matter – Giuffre – and timing strongly suggest that it went to Prince Andrew.

“What did you discuss on that call?” Giuffre’s lawyer had asked Maxwell. “I don’t have any specific knowledge of that call,” Maxwell replied. “Were you discussing with [redacted] the subject of Virginia Roberts [Giuffre] during these calls?”

Giuffre’s attorney pointed to an email in this exchange, noting: “He says let me know when we can talk. Got some specific questions to ask you about Virginia Roberts.”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, susieice said:

Now French prosecutors are going to expand their investigation into Epstein to include Ghislaine. This is the first I've heard from them in over a year. Are they ever going to do anything about Jean Luc Brunell and the young girls he took to Little St James?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8878825/French-prosecutors-probing-Jeffrey-Epstein-widen-probe-include-Ghislaine-Maxwell.html

Just started reading about that.  Nice to know they havent given up. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, susieice said:

Awesome!! That is awesome! He deserves to never breathe free air again!

• Like 1

Hmmmm....coming out of the woodwork...probably to find a way to control their story....they all seemed to have blinders on in those days.

EXCLUSIVE: Mystery 'recruiter' for Jeffrey Epstein speaks out for first time to admit she brought three girls to the pedophile and went shopping with victim Virginia Roberts for a sexy schoolgirl outfit, but denies taking part in the abuse

A previously unknown alleged recruiter for Jeffrey Epstein has admitted to bringing three women to him but denied taking part in the abuse.

In an interview with the podcast Broken: Seeking Justice, Rina Oh said that she dated Epstein and thought of him as a rich older boyfriend.

He asked her to bring attractive friends to him including Marijke Chartouni, a former model who he sexually assaulted.

But in the podcast, Oh vehemently denied claims by Chartouni and fellow accuser Virginia Roberts that she participated in the sexual abuse they endured. She did admit to buying a schoolgirl outfit for Roberts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8885837/Mystery-recruiter-Epstein-admits-bringing-girls-pedophile.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skliss said:

Hmmmm....coming out of the woodwork...probably to find a way to control their story....they all seemed to have blinders on in those days.

EXCLUSIVE: Mystery 'recruiter' for Jeffrey Epstein speaks out for first time to admit she brought three girls to the pedophile and went shopping with victim Virginia Roberts for a sexy schoolgirl outfit, but denies taking part in the abuse

A previously unknown alleged recruiter for Jeffrey Epstein has admitted to bringing three women to him but denied taking part in the abuse.

In an interview with the podcast Broken: Seeking Justice, Rina Oh said that she dated Epstein and thought of him as a rich older boyfriend.

He asked her to bring attractive friends to him including Marijke Chartouni, a former model who he sexually assaulted.

But in the podcast, Oh vehemently denied claims by Chartouni and fellow accuser Virginia Roberts that she participated in the sexual abuse they endured. She did admit to buying a schoolgirl outfit for Roberts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8885837/Mystery-recruiter-Epstein-admits-bringing-girls-pedophile.html

Recruiting IS taking part!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Recruiting IS taking part!

Exactly! She actually contradicts herself if you read the article.  People can rationalize anything! "I only abused a little" Crazy!

• Like 3

On 10/23/2020 at 8:14 PM, skliss said:

And the lawyer keeps reminding her that she doesn't make the decisions, she doesn't get to ask the questions, etc. Talk about a hostile witness! 

Someone agrees.

https://www.insider.com/ghislaine-maxwell-deposition-forensic-psychologist-analysis-2020-10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Derschowitz is now demanding his name be unredacted in the deposition.

https://pagesix.com/2020/10/26/alan-dershowitz-seeks-to-unredact-name-in-ghislaine-maxwell-deposition/

Seems weird, right? Of course since Ghislaine is denying everything and calling Virginia a liar maybe that helps his case.

I'm still only at 300. I need to finish reading, especially if more is on the way.

• Like 1

Billionaire Leon Black is now under scrutiny for his relationship with Epstein. He's the CEO of Apollo Global Management.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/billionaire-leon-black-addresses-relationship-jeffrey-epstein-horrible/story?id=73906837

Earlier this month, The New York Times reported in a deep dive on Black's dealings with Epstein that his relationship with Epstein went deeper than previously known, and reportedly included at least $50 million in payments from Black to Epstein and a 2012 visit by Black to Epstein's private Caribbean island for a cookout.

That Times report, with the headline "The Billionaire Who Stood by Jeffrey Epstein," has resulted in renewed scrutiny of Black's dealings with Epstein and has reportedly caused some institutional investors to reevaluate or pause their investments with Apollo, according to Bloomberg and other reports.

One Apollo investor, the Pennsylvania Public School Employees Retirement System said it "is closely following the ongoing legal issues and the newly launched internal Apollo investigation," in a statement last week, Reuters reported.

"The existing Apollo commitments were made under the previous administration and we have no plans to commit further capital to their funds at this time. We reviewed Apollo this spring and determined, based on a variety of due diligence criteria, they did not meet our standards for making a new capital commitment," said Gabrielle Farrell, director of communications for Connecticut State Treasurer Shawn T. Wooden in a statement to ABC News. Connecticut Retirement Plans and Trust Funds, an Apollo investor, consists of six state pension funds and nine state trust funds.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2