Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Epstein found Dead in Jail

Gwynbleidd

An article about the Queen and Andrew. It appears that his siblings tend to avoid him. The judge has still not come back with a decision.

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/4414204/prince-andrew-queen-hurt-epstein/

Princes Charles and William are not happy with Andrew.

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/4417112/william-charles-furious-prince-andrew-legal-bills/

• Like 1

Andrew still owed $9 million on his Swiss chalet, which he has now paid so the sale is cleared. The judge must still be reviewing the case. 

https://www.newsweek.com/prince-andrew-settles-ski-lodge-debt-key-decision-jeffrey-epstein-lawsuit-looms-virginia-giuffre-1667366

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 2:27 PM, susieice said:

An article about the Queen and Andrew. It appears that his siblings tend to avoid him. The judge has still not come back with a decision.

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/4414204/prince-andrew-queen-hurt-epstein/

Princes Charles and William are not happy with Andrew.

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/4417112/william-charles-furious-prince-andrew-legal-bills/

Randy can see the writing on the wall, the only thing protecting him is Big Bet, the heir and the heir’s heir both seem unlikely to shield him. 
What. A. Shame. 
Not.

• Like 2

There's a lot more in the article.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/08/royals-await-anxiously-the-fallout-from-prince-andrews-disgrace

The prince’s lawyers have taken an aggressive approach to protecting their client. They first argued that the court summons had not been properly served, then attempted to get the case thrown out on the grounds that Giuffre doesn’t live in the US.

Now they are seeking their client’s salvation with the grim fact that he qualifies as a potential defendant in any sex abuse case connected to Epstein. In other words, it appears his possible culpability is being used as his defence.

Even if this legal loophole works, and Kaplan dismisses the case, it will be an outcome that will not clear the prince’s name, which his friends insist is his prime aim. Instead, added to all those letters that come after his title, will be a toxic question mark.

And that’s the best-case scenario for the prince. If, instead, Kaplan gives the go-ahead for the case to be heard, then the prince would be obliged to make a deposition and then, in the autumn, appear in court. He could in theory refuse to do either, but again the optics would be disastrous. However, if he did go to court, the world’s media would be offered a daily diet of sordid details. And if he were to lose the case, courtiers suggest he may no longer be able to travel internationally, for fear of criminal extradition.

“It has always been, and increasingly in latter years, not one institution but a series of institutions or courts and households frequently in conflict with each other,” she says. Royal observers note that staff working for Prince Charles and Prince William have briefed against Andrew. A mixture of the Queen’s protectiveness, the wary exasperation of other royal households and Andrew’s stubborn resistance to sound advice, left him to forge his own ad hoc strategy. It resulted in his fateful decision to put his side of the story across in the excruciating November 2019 Newsnight interview with Emily Maitlis.

As a textbook example of how not to do damage limitation it is unlikely to be surpassed any time soon. “You saw how completely untethered he is to outside reality,” says Mayer.

Looking back at that disastrously revealing encounter, it is notable how often the prince used Maxwell to try to put some distance between himself and Epstein (who hosted Andrew on many occasions and gave large sums of money to his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, and possessed 16 separate phone numbers for the prince). At one point he describes the financier as a “plus one”.

But now that Maxwell herself has been convicted of sex trafficking a minor, among other serious charges, it leaves the prince with no one to saddle with his poor judgment of character. In among a catalogue of evasions and failing memories, his one line of consistent defence is that he was not aware of anything untoward going on in any of the Epstein or Maxwell households at which he stayed. For Lacey, among many other observers, this is simply not a credible proposition.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, susieice said:

Now they are seeking their client’s salvation with the grim fact that he qualifies as a potential defendant in any sex abuse case connected to Epstein. In other words, it appears his possible culpability is being used as his defence.

How in the name of sanity would “I might be named as a defendant in a case against someone else” get him out of a trial?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

57552.jpg.1e4b33b60ce57dfd14a8e438570c4d68.jpg

That's for sure!!!

He accidently got on the wrong plane.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

A judge has denied Prince Andrew’s bid to have Virginia Giuffre’s lawsuit against him dismissed based on a settlement she reached with Jeffrey Epstein more than a decade ago.

US District Judge Lewis Kaplan handed down the ruling on Wednesday, more than a week after both sides made their case at a 4 January hearing.

MSN

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

A judge has denied Prince Andrew’s bid to have Virginia Giuffre’s lawsuit against him dismissed based on a settlement she reached with Jeffrey Epstein more than a decade ago.

US District Judge Lewis Kaplan handed down the ruling on Wednesday, more than a week after both sides made their case at a 4 January hearing.

MSN

That took him a long time to decide. If you read the document it clearly refers to the state of Florida. I wondered if it would hold up in New York. The judge said the document does not show that the parties intended it to benefit Prince Andrew. I wonder what the next attempt will be. I really think Andrew is going to trial.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Confirmed, Prince Andrew will have to go through a civil trial here.

Its not a criminal one so if he losses it costs him money, not jail time.

• Like 1

I'm glad I was wrong about this, I was not confident that the court works side with her. Still a long way to go but baby steps...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I'm glad I was wrong about this, I was not confident that the court works side with her. Still a long way to go but baby steps...

He’s still got to actually go to America for the trial. 
Can some one be tried in absentia in a civil trial? 
The UK government is still steaming over the US’ refusal to return a diplomat’s wife to face charges, so I can imagine BoJo seeing this as a way to get some of the rabid Saint George wavers back on side by protecting Prince Randy, “until we see justice reciprocated”. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The UK government is still steaming over the US’ refusal to return a diplomat’s wife to face charges, so I can imagine BoJo seeing this as a way to get some of the rabid Saint George wavers back on side by protecting Prince Randy, “until we see justice reciprocated”. 

Well it would be nice if the American Court system could get their priorities in the right order,  i. e. Bring to justice a woman that killed an innocent teenager and then fled the country to avoid justice or spend the time helping a woman who was quite happy to take half a million dollars to keep quiet go after somebody 30 years later in the hope of getting another massive payout. 

Prince Andrew for a minor diplomats wife seems like a fair trade. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere

13 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Out of court settlement

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

Hi Susieice

I have to wonder why out of all the people that she was involved with is Andrew the only one that she is pursuing. Makes me wonder if she isn't aligned with someone that wants to pressure and leverage him then take a cash settlement. What she was doing was illegal so she is not without fault as this was something she did for years for remuneration and the pic with her and Andrew she was smiling like she was enjoying herself. Not saying that she wasn't recruited by people with lax morals who made money off of her but to be honest I don't think she has much going on in the scruples department either.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Susieice

I have to wonder why out of all the people that she was involved with is Andrew the only one that she is pursuing. Makes me wonder if she isn't aligned with someone that wants to pressure and leverage him then take a cash settlement. What she was doing was illegal so she is not without fault as this was something she did for years for remuneration and the pic with her and Andrew she was smiling like she was enjoying herself. Not saying that she wasn't recruited by people with lax morals who made money off of her but to be honest I don't think she has much going on in the scruples department either.

I have questions about Guiffre and the role she played. But you also need to remember that as a young girl, she was groomed to think this behavior was normal. It takes time away from it to think and realize that, no it isn't. I think she began to realize that even before she finally broke from Epstein. She was surrounded with very rich and very powerful people who were able to manipulate these girls. She admitted to what she did.

Andrew isn't the only one she went after though. She went after Maxwell too. I think what this is all about is that Andrew says he never met her and nothing ever happened and Guiffre wants him to at least tell the truth. Andrew has been very arrogant and has done nothing to help himself by evading everything. Nor is she the only one who has referred to Andrew.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, susieice said:

The Queen will already have a plan in place.

With him being stripped off his titles its not a good sign, will he lie on the stand?

He might do a Bill Clinton spectacular and publicly admit it.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Susieice

Yes, reminds me of the Weinstein case. Apparently one of his 'victims' was 'raped' 11 times. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes, reminds me of the Weinstein case. Apparently one of his 'victims' was 'raped' 11 times. :rolleyes:

Weinstein was indeed found guilty. Andrew seems unwilling or unable to prove his innocence and clear his name. He has the opportunity to do so.

• Like 2