Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Epstein found Dead in Jail

Gwynbleidd

1 hour ago, skliss said:

There's a whole load of these links now. Everyone picked up on the missing footage of the first attempt. A Federal Judge told them to find it and it showed up. More are now announcing that the footage has been found. Odd how that camera was working, isn't it?

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Regi said:

When and by whom was he told it was gone?

Grab some coffee and read the thread.

• Haha 2

Here's an article about the victims who filed last month. For two of them, it's the first time they've spoken publicly.

https://www.foxnews.com/shows/the-story/exclusive-new-jeffrey-epstein-accusers-speak-allege-years-of-sexual-abuse

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

https://abc3340.com/news/nation-world/house-asks-for-documents-in-epstein-probe-from-doj

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — House Democrats asked for documents from federal prosecutors and Florida law enforcement officials on Friday as part of a probe into how financier Jeffrey Epstein received a secret plea deal more than a decade ago after he was accused of molesting underage girls.

• Like 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/missing-footage-epstein-jail-cell-184853245.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGBJx015aF1hd3izRBgOZpqjer3rH_GsmVHkkvDgPxggt17SNFiI6QZBK3j_fMOgriadxtlmS_tFWDTRmR4oDbGsOfQyXCbiLT6oxXlvPdusA6yQrhJ0RX6g058DdJafGUVXjchiFr8tiKArE3HXpJKSP_bSjzpveTrGw_MUrXwk

A day after claiming that surveillance footage from Jeffery Epstein’s July 23 suicide attempt was missing, prosecutors confirmed that the video had actually been preserved by the Metropolitan Correctional Center staff.

“Earlier today, the government confirmed with MCC staff that the video was preserved by MCC staff upon defense counsel’s request,” federal prosecutor Jason Swergold wrote in a letter to Judge Kenneth Karas.

• Like 1

https://nypost.com/2019/12/19/prince-andrew-accuser-virginia-roberts-giuffre-says-death-threats-are-not-credible/

Prince Andrew’s sex accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre said the death threats she’s recently received are “not credible” — but insisted she remains “concerned and vigilant” for her safety.

Giuffre, a key accuser against late pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and his circle of friends, updated followers Wednesday after revealing last week that she’d been warned of “a credible death threat” against her.

“FBI has since investigated it and determined that it was not credible,” Giuffre, 36, wrote on Twitter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, skliss said:

So to be clear, it's your belief that the defense attorney expected the prosecutor to obtain and provide the defense with their own evidence...that prior to the hearing, he hadn't followed up on the status of a request he made 5 mos ago?

12 hours ago, susieice said:

There's a whole load of these links now. Everyone picked up on the missing footage of the first attempt.

Indeed, I read all the relevant links and considered every bit of info reported in those articles prior to posting my take on what happened.

When I asked when and who, it's because I don't know when the prosecutor was informed of his info and based on his reported statements, it sounds to me like the issue had been raised prior to the hearing.

The sheriff just ended the work release program that Epstein used.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/17/florida-sheriff-ends-work-release-program-that-let-jeffrey-epstein-visit-office-during-prison-lockup/

Florida sheriff has discontinued a work-release program that allowed billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein to visit his office most days while serving time in a county lockup a decade ago.

Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw, who faced withering criticism for granting the pervy financier the privileges, released a statement saying he had ended the program that allowed a few jail inmates to continue working.

The decision came after the program was reviewed by the county’s independent Criminal Justice Commission.

https://www.amny.com/nation/house-asks-justice-department-for-epstein-investigation-documents/

House Democrats asked for documents from federal prosecutors and Florida law enforcement officials on Friday as part of a probe into how financier Jeffrey Epstein received a secret plea deal more than a decade ago after he was accused of molesting underage girls.

The House Committee on Oversight and Reform sent a letter to U.S. Attorney General William Barr, asking for all emails about the plea deal and how victims should have been notified.

Earlier this year, a federal judge ruled Epstein’s victims should have been consulted under federal law about the deal.

Epstein reached the deal in 2008 with then-Miami U.S. Attorney Alexander Acosta’s office to end the federal probe that could have landed him in prison for life. Epstein instead pleaded guilty to lesser state charges, spent 13 months in jail, paid financial settlements to victims and registered as a sex offender.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Regi said:

So to be clear, it's your belief that the defense attorney expected the prosecutor to obtain and provide the defense with their own evidence...that prior to the hearing, he hadn't followed up on the status of a request he made 5 mos ago?

Indeed, I read all the relevant links and considered every bit of info reported in those articles prior to posting my take on what happened.

When I asked when and who, it's because I don't know when the prosecutor was informed of his info and based on his reported statements, it sounds to me like the issue had been raised prior to the hearing.

Nick Tartaglione's attorneys had ordered the footage held as it was claimed Nick saved Epstein's life. It was supposed to have been done but apparently no one could find it. The judge told the prosecutors to continue finding the missing tape, which they did.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/18/jeffrey-epsteins-first-suicide-attempt-video-is-missing.html

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

Apple Podcast still hasn't released another chapter of Epstein: Devil in the Darkness since the end of November. There should still be another 3 chapters. I know they were writing and releasing a book. Maybe after the holidays. I'll keep checking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I know! But I am disappointed that they aren't using any of Robachs investigative stuff. The article I read had ABC saying they couldn't verify parts of her information. I take that to mean they have some powerful names and are reluctant to expose them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skliss said:

I know! But I am disappointed that they aren't using any of Robachs investigative stuff. The article I read had ABC saying they couldn't verify parts of her information. I take that to mean they have some powerful names and are reluctant to expose them.

That could well be. Some of them could be media.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, susieice said:

That could well be. Some of them could be media.

Ooohhhhhh.... I never thought of that! Wow...that could be a game changer! Smart thinking Susie

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, skliss said:

Ooohhhhhh.... I never thought of that! Wow...that could be a game changer! Smart thinking Susie

I wish the judge would do that second document drop soon. Ghislaine's attorneys only had to December 15th to file and I can't find anything on it yet.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, skliss said:

Sorry to requote you. Could this have something to do with the House's sudden concern? What may they try to alter? What was found in Epstein's houses? What was in the first document drop? What the victims are testifying to? My guess is they intend to attack Acosta. Will they go after Dershowitz for defending Epstein and brokering the deal? How about the Sheriff who allowed the work release program? He has recently recinded it. Will Florida state law come under question? This will indeed be interesting to see!

Edited by susieice

8 hours ago, susieice said:

Sorry to requote you. Could this have something to do with the House's sudden concern? What may they try to alter? What was found in Epstein's houses? What was in the first document drop? What the victims are testifying to? My guess is they intend to attack Acosta. Will they go after Dershowitz for defending Epstein and brokering the deal? How about the Sheriff who allowed the work release program? He has recently recinded it. Will Florida state law come under question? This will indeed be interesting to see!

Definitely Interesting! If Acosta got orders way back when to make this go away,  I'd like to know who gave them. I also want to know why they've never gone thru the New Mexico house and why the delay of a month to go search the Island. What was found in Paris and at the Island? Is anyone even looking at this stuff or has it already been buried somewhere?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skliss said:

Definitely Interesting! If Acosta got orders way back when to make this go away,  I'd like to know who gave them. I also want to know why they've never gone thru the New Mexico house and why the delay of a month to go search the Island. What was found in Paris and at the Island? Is anyone even looking at this stuff or has it already been buried somewhere?

They seem to be concentrating on Florida.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20191222/jeffrey-epstein-case-us-house-panel-seeks-info-about-local-officials

The Committee on Oversight and Reform is casting a wide net for documents and emails in letters sent Friday to the U.S. Justice Department and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

“We are going to try to get anything we can,” said U.S. Rep. Lois Frankel, a committee member. “I know they are serious about looking at the Epstein case.”

The committee seeks information about how the nonprosecution agreement was kept from Epstein’s teenage victims and how the Palm Beach multimillionaire was able to spend six days a week, 12 hours a day on work release while serving 13 months of an 18-month jail sentence,

The letters don’t name any local officials specifically but Frankel, a West Palm Beach Democrat, has said she wants to hear testimony in front of the committee from Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw and former State Attorney Barry Krischer as well as former U.S. Attorney Alex Acosta.

The Palm Beach Post reported in November that Krischer set the stage for international outrage as the first prosecutor in the Epstein case. He crippled his own case by treating the teenage victims as if they were prostitutes.

Palm Beach police had built a case with 13 girls, many who attended Royal Palm Beach High School, who said Epstein molested or sexually assaulted them during “massages” at his mansion.

The Post reported Krischer’s office fed into the narrative peddled by Epstein’s high-powered attorneys, obtaining initially only a solicitation of prostitution charge from a grand jury.

“It’s sad and disappointing,” Frankel said Saturday about what The Post uncovered on Krischer. “I think that is one of the reasons that the Oversight Committee wants to take a look.”

The Post has filed a lawsuit against the state attorney’s office and clerk’s office seeking the release of secret grand jury transcripts. Only one victim testified at the 2006 proceedings and the charge that emerged did not reflect the fact that she was a minor. The Treasure Coast prosecutor heading up the FDLE probe ordered by Gov. Ron DeSantis is also interested in obtaining the transcripts.

Frankel said the committee would like to see them, as well, if possible. “I don’t know what the legalities of getting the grand jury transcript are, but we will get what we can,” she said.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Palm Beach police were so outraged by Krischer’s mishandling of the case it turned to the FBI.

Acosta’s office then worked out the nonprosecution agreement with Epstein’s attorneys. Federal prosecutors shelved a 53-page indictment that could have sent Epstein to prison for decades.

Krischer has denied having anything to do with the nonprosecution agreement, but The Post found emails showing he helped broker it between Acosta’s office and Epstein’s defense attorneys.

Under the nonprosecution deal, Epstein pleaded guilty to two felony prostitution-related charges. He was allowed to leave the jail under work release to work at his newly formed Florida Science Foundation. One woman has sued, saying she was flown in as a teenager to have sex with him there.

The Oversight Committee is requesting from FDLE all documents, including email communications, in its possession regarding the investigation and prosecution of Epstein. It wants all materials collected by the current FDLE investigation under DeSantis’ executive order.

The committee has given the same deadline to Attorney General William Barr.

Corey Amundson, director of the Justice Department’s Office of Professional Responsibility, declined to brief the committee on the status of his office’s investigation into the role of Acosta and his prosecutors and whether they committed professional misconduct in the case.

“Since the department has declined to provide the briefing or any other information about the status of the investigation, the committee is now commencing its own review,” the letter to Barr states.

Congress could be setting up an epic showdown between Krischer and Acosta.

When Acosta resigned, he said federal authorities were forced to intervene so Epstein wouldn’t walk free.

“If Mr. Acosta was truly concerned with the state’s case and felt he had to rescue the matter, he would have moved forward with the 53-page indictment his own office drafted,” Krischer said

• Like 1

Mark Epstein is saying he fears his life may be in danger.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/22/jeffrey-epsteins-brother-fears-his-life-may-also-be-in-danger-report/

Jeffrey Epstein’s brother fears that his “life may also be in danger” if the convicted pedophile was the victim of homicide, according to a private pathologist hired to look into the mysterious death.

Dr. Michael Baden said that the disgraced financier’s younger brother, Mark Epstein, has concerns about his own safety after his brother’s hanging death.

“Mark, the brother, his concern is that he wants to know if it’s suicide, or if it’s homicide. Because, if it’s homicide, then his life may also be in danger,” Baden  told radio host John Catsimatidis Sunday on AM 970’s “The Cats Roundtable.”

“Because his brother knew too much, and, whoever [killed Jeffrey], might then think [Mark] knows too much, even though his life was entirely different than his brother’s,” Baden told the radio host. “The brother who hired me to be present at the autopsy is concerned as to whether or not his life is in danger from this.”

• Like 1

Here's a good article about the early prosecution of Epstein and what Michael Reiter, Police Chief for Palm Beach, has to say about it. The article continues past quotes.

https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/irwin-native-pushed-for-early-prosecution-of-child-sex-offender-jeffrey-epstein/

An Irwin native began investigating Epstein years ago, long before the billionaire playboy was jailed to await trial on charges of sex trafficking in underage girls. When Epstein, 66, killed himself in August, he again robbed victims of a chance to heal and get justice, said Michael Reiter, who grew up in Westmoreland County and later served as police chief in Palm Beach, Fla.

“Seeing Epstein in person in handcuffs and prisoner apparel, or seeing him in court being sentenced to life in prison, would be therapeutic for some victims in a way that hearing reports of his death is not,” Reiter said.

His department investigated sex crime allegations against Epstein a decade and a half ago. Had prosecutors been more aggressive, more girls could have been protected, Reiter said.

“Epstein was one of the more prolific sex offenders of our time,” he said.

Palm Beach police investigated sexual assault allegations against Epstein as early as March 2005.

A woman told police her 14-year-old daughter had sexual relations “with a man named Jeff” who lived in a Palm Beach mansion. Detectives soon discovered “Jeff” was Epstein.

The more they investigated, the more they discovered additional underage girls who claimed to have had sexual relations with Epstein, said Reiter, 62, who still lives in Palm Beach, where he served as police chief from 2001-09 after rising through department ranks. Investigators rooted through Epstein’s trash, gathering notes related to the girls, staked out his house and interviewed alleged victims along with Epstein employees, records show.

“It was completely clear that he was offending hundreds, if not thousands, of girls. It was so clear, so obvious,” Reiter said. “(The girls) looked like children.”

• Like 1

More on the missing footage from Yahoo. I hope this is released to the public.

https://news.yahoo.com/missing-footage-epstein-jail-cell-184853245.html

A day after claiming that surveillance footage from Jeffery Epstein’s July 23 suicide attempt was missing, prosecutors confirmed that the video had actually been preserved by the Metropolitan Correctional Center staff.

“Earlier today, the government confirmed with MCC staff that the video was preserved by MCC staff upon defense counsel’s request,” federal prosecutor Jason Swergold wrote in a letter to Judge Kenneth Karas.

Karas is presiding over the case of accused quadruple murderer and former cop Nick Tartaglione, who shared Epstein’s cell at the time of the attempt. Epstein was found nearly unconscious with neck injuries in what was ruled a suicide attempt at the time, but news broke in August that Epstein had accused Tartaglione of inflicting the injuries.

“We are very pleased the video was preserved, as we had asked,” Bruce Barket, Tartaglione’s attorney said on early Friday morning. “We look forward to viewing it.”

Barket had sought the footage soon after the incident as potential evidence of his client’s good character, after Tartaglione said he saved Epstein’s life by alerting guards to the attempt, contesting Epstein’s narrative. But on Wednesday, Swergold had told the courtthat “it is our understanding that the video no longer exists.”

• Like 1

Dershowitz plans on bringing out a new witness in his case with Giuffre. It's a mystery man. Actually, it's the man using the psuedonym of Patrick Kessler who claimed to have tapes from Epstein to Giuffre's attorneys. This incident is linked several pages back.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article237958989.html

Renowned lawyer Alan Dershowitz has seized upon a mystery man featured in a recent New York Times story to help defend against allegations that he had sex with Virginia Giuffre, one of sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein’s underage victims, and to pursue a defamation case against the woman.

At a hearing in New York on Monday, Dershowitz’s attorney, Howard Cooper, said that the shadowy man featured in the Times’ story, who used the pseudonym Patrick Kessler, was part of a scheme that is strikingly similar to the extortion plot that Dershowitz says is at the center of accusations that Giuffre has made — falsely, he says — against him.

Dershowitz alleges that Giuffre, now 36, was pressured by her lawyer, David Boies, to publicly accuse Dershowitz of having sex with her in order to extort money from the other powerful men Giuffre says she was directed by Epstein to have sex with when she was a minor.

Monday’s hearing was part of a high-stakes war between two of the country’s most prominent lawyers: Dershowitz, the Harvard professor emeritus who defended Epstein, and Boies, best known for representing Al Gore before the U.S. Supreme Court during the 2000 presidential recount. Their feud, simmering for years, involves accusations of extortion, surreptitious recordings, unethical conduct and sex trafficking.

At a hearing in New York on Monday, Dershowitz’s attorney, Howard Cooper, said that the shadowy man featured in the Times’ story, who used the pseudonym Patrick Kessler, was part of a scheme that is strikingly similar to the extortion plot that Dershowitz says is at the center of accusations that Giuffre has made — falsely, he says — against him.

I thought it was determined, at least by us, that Kessler is a fraud. Maybe he's actually shown what he has to Dershowitz since the other lawyers dropped him. If there is the slightest chance he has evidence i hope we get to hear what it is.....even if he gets paid for it. 

• Like 1