Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Epstein found Dead in Jail

Gwynbleidd

2 hours ago, Wistman said:

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Me too. The prosecution was supposed to have a lot more witnesses than what they presented, including the women who worked with Ghislaine for Epstein. The trial was supposed to take a couple of months. Something is going on. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

Me too. The prosecution was supposed to have a lot more witnesses than what they presented, including the women who worked with Ghislaine for Epstein. The trial was supposed to take a couple of months. Something is going on. 

I'm thinking the prosecution has been "talked" to. Probably was a long time ago. Kudos to you though for putting in far more effort as evidenced by this thread. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks F3SS. Something happened to keep everything under wraps. Something big. I'll see what the defense presents starting on the 16th. They say closing arguments could start on the 20th. This trial is going way too fast. Very few are being questioned. I have a real bad feeling about this. I hope she doesn't just walk but she might. Too many powerful and famous people tied up in this. What a sad course of events.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

Incredible.

https://news.yahoo.com/prosecution-rests-ghislaine-maxwell-trial-171823080.html

The Atlantic drew criticism this week for publishing a feature by Kaitlyn Tiffany headlined "The Great (Fake) Child-Sex-Trafficking Epidemic" as the prosecution was making its case. The piece connected the increase in concern over child-sex-trafficking to conspiracy theories like QAnon rather than to real-life examples like Epstein and Josh Duggar.

Writing for The Spectator World, Stephen L. Miller noted that such deflection actually drives conspiratorial thinking: "[W}hen you spend 1,500 words suggesting that child trafficking is a hoax on its face, and is only being pushed by that kook fringe, while the Ghislaine Maxwell trial proceeds with barely any mainstream media attention, curious minds will start to ask questions, even ludicrous ones."

The Atlantic is owned by a company called Emerson Collective. The president and founder of Emerson is Laurene Powell Jobs, the widow of Apple founder Steve Jobs. Since the publication of Tiffany's piece, a photo of Maxwell and Laurene Powell Jobs in bathing suits laughing together on a couch has circulated online.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, susieice said:

Incredible.

https://news.yahoo.com/prosecution-rests-ghislaine-maxwell-trial-171823080.html

The Atlantic drew criticism this week for publishing a feature by Kaitlyn Tiffany headlined "The Great (Fake) Child-Sex-Trafficking Epidemic" as the prosecution was making its case. The piece connected the increase in concern over child-sex-trafficking to conspiracy theories like QAnon rather than to real-life examples like Epstein and Josh Duggar.

Writing for The Spectator World, Stephen L. Miller noted that such deflection actually drives conspiratorial thinking: "[W}hen you spend 1,500 words suggesting that child trafficking is a hoax on its face, and is only being pushed by that kook fringe, while the Ghislaine Maxwell trial proceeds with barely any mainstream media attention, curious minds will start to ask questions, even ludicrous ones."

The Atlantic is owned by a company called Emerson Collective. The president and founder of Emerson is Laurene Powell Jobs, the widow of Apple founder Steve Jobs. Since the publication of Tiffany's piece, a photo of Maxwell and Laurene Powell Jobs in bathing suits laughing together on a couch has circulated online.

Ahh now I get it. Last night I started seeing that headline in my feed a few times then that Pic has been popping up. I found the headline curious but didn't pay any mind to it. This is insane. I want all the truth. 

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Ahh now I get it. Last night I started seeing that headline in my feed a few times then that Pic has been popping up. I found the headline curious but didn't pay any mind to it. This is insane. I want all the truth. 

Me too F3SS

• Like 1

Newsweek seems to think the prosecution presented a good case. I hope they are right because I think there are massive holes.

https://www.newsweek.com/ghislaine-maxwell-jeffrey-epstein-trial-testimonies-damaging-picture-grooming-behavior-1658477

• Like 2

19 hours ago, susieice said:

Something happened to keep everything under wraps.

Hi Susieice

I would tend to think that it is because of the influence of those involved and not named.

• Like 3

Is all the evidence witness testimony?

Or is there an video or photographic evidence that shows the abuse happened. If its witness testimony only they need as many witnesses as possible so they can not all be discredited as after money or revenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Is all the evidence witness testimony?

Or is there an video or photographic evidence that shows the abuse happened. If its witness testimony only they need as many witnesses as possible so they can not all be discredited as after money or revenge.

I know there were pictures that were found in Epstein's homes that were put into evidence. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, susieice said:

I know there were pictures that were found in Epstein's homes that were put into evidence. 

So they can prove the women there were underaged?

Is there anything beyond witness testimony to confirm abuse? Like payments going into bank accounts, needing treating for STDs, other witnesses saying they say sexual activity, video evidence?

It needs to be beyond a reasonable doubt and might be why they hoped to force Prince Andrew to testify because, and while it shouldn`t be the case, a royal confirming abuse would carry more weight.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

So they can prove the women there were underaged?

Is there anything beyond witness testimony to confirm abuse? Like payments going into bank accounts, needing treating for STDs, other witnesses saying they say sexual activity, video evidence?

It needs to be beyond a reasonable doubt and might be why they hoped to force Prince Andrew to testify because, and while it shouldn`t be the case, a royal confirming abuse would carry more weight.

A lot of these happened but weren't introduced into the trial that I know of. This thread covers a lot of those stories.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Ghislaine may or may not be called to testify at her trial.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ghislaine-maxwells-lawyers-focus-her-defense-memory-manipulation-money-2021-12-15/

Maxwell, 59, has pleaded not guilty to eight counts of sex trafficking and other crimes in federal court in New York. During cross-examinations, her lawyers tried to undermine the women's credibility by asking about inconsistencies in their accounts and about awards they received from a fund for Epstein's victims.

"This case is about memory, manipulation and money," Maxwell attorney Bobbi Sternheim said in her Nov. 29 opening statement.

One of Maxwell's expected expert witnesses is Elizabeth Loftus, a psychologist who studies how people can be manipulated into having "false memories." She has testified in or consulted for hundreds of trials, including those of O.J. Simpson and Harvey Weinstein.

But undermining the accusers' credibility remains an uphill battle, said Duncan Levin, managing partner at Tucker Levin PLLC.

"It's straight out of the playbook," Levin said. "But ... it's a heavy lift to ask jurors to discount what (the accusers)may be saying because they got money."

The defense has said its case will last between two and four days.

According to prosecutors, Maxwell's team also intends to call Robert Glassman, an attorney for a woman known as Jane who testified that she was first abused by Epstein in 1994 when she was 14 and that Maxwell took part in some encounters.

In a sign that undercutting Jane's testimony is important to the defense, prosecutors said last week that Maxwell's team had also sought a subpoena for Jane's brother. Jane testified that her brothers also knew Epstein during the 1990s.

• Like 2

A courtroom sketch artist has seen Ghislaine sketching her in court.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/dec/15/my-life-is-weird-the-court-artist-who-drew-ghislaine-maxwell-drawing-her-back

Pastel drawings don’t typically go viral on the internet. But this month, thousands of Twitter users were mesmerized by a courtroom artist’s sketch of Ghislaine Maxwell – the alleged sex-trafficking accomplice of Jeffrey Epstein – staring at the artist and sketching back.

Twitter users were disturbed. “I thought this was funny at first but it’s starting to haunt me,” one person wrote. Others commented on the picture’s bizarre, recursive quality – reminiscent of MC Escher’s drawing of hands drawing hands, and raising the possibility of some kind of infinite loop. Was Maxwell trolling us? Or sending the artist an ominous message?

“I don’t know, and I’m not going to try to read her mind,” Jane Rosenberg, the artist in question, told me. “Maybe she was just bored coming out of her jail cell. I know her sister sometimes also sketches in court. Maybe the Maxwell family just likes to sketch in their free time.”

She and another artist, Liz Williams, were sketching Maxwell one day during a pre-trial motion when they noticed that Maxwell, armed with a pen or pencil, was returning the favor. She and the British socialite have since become “sketching buddies” of sorts, Rosenberg says. Maxwell waves to her sometimes. Once she mouthed something, and Rosenberg realized she was saying: “Long day, isn’t it?”

• Like 2

Kind of an explanation of the trial so far. There will also be a perjury trial for Ghislaine in March.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article256611466.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

I expect 32 witnesses defending Maxwell all saying she was a victim of Epstein. 

• Like 2

Ghislaine's defense began today with a former worker testifying.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/crime/defense-begins-case-in-ghislaine-maxwell-trial-former-worker-testifies-british-socialite-did-nothing-wrong

This worker stands accused in another court suit of assisting abuse.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ghislaine-maxwells-ex-assistant-creepily-gushes-about-generous-jeffrey-epstein

A former executive assistant to Ghislaine Maxwell testified at the British socialite’s sex-trafficking trial on Thursday, telling jurors she “highly respected” and “looked up to” the accused accomplice to Jeffrey Epstein.

Cimberly Espinosa, 55, was in her late twenties in 1996 when she began working as a legal assistant to Epstein’s longtime in-house lawyers, Darren Indyke and Jeffrey Schantz. But one month into her employment, Espinosa says, she filled in for an assistant to Maxwell and the heiress was so impressed that she enlisted Espinosa full-time.

“I learned a lot from her,” Espinosa told jurors, adding, “I attribute my career as an executive assistant to what I learned working for Ghislaine.”

Espinosa—who herself was accused in a separate lawsuit of arranging Epstein’s encounters with an underage victim—was the first witness called by the defense as it launched its case on Thursday and was all smiles as she recalled interviewing for a job with Epstein’s Madison Avenue firm in the back of a chauffeured vehicle. She said Maxwell was busy running errands and asked her questions as they drove around the city.

The former employee testified that her role was administrative and included booking travel and appointments and making purchases and sending packages, and that Maxwell’s personal assistant, Emmy Tayler, was responsible for walking the socialite’s dog, carrying her handbag and fetching her coffee. (Tayler has been mentioned multiple times at trial but hasn’t testified, and a victim known as “Jane” claimed that “Emmy” participated in group sexual encounters with her when she was underage.)

On cross examination, Espinosa conceded that she only worked out of Epstein’s Madison Avenue office and never out of the financier’s mansion. Espinosa also said she’d never visited Epstein’s Palm Beach lair, where he molested underage girls during “massages.”

It’s unclear which other Epstein insiders could testify in Maxwell’s case. Before the trial broke for lunch, the defense was in the middle of questioning memory expert Elizabeth Loftus, who said that recollections of traumatic events can be contaminated by external suggestions.

In a recent court filing, Manhattan federal prosecutors said Maxwell’s team provided them with a list of 35 potential witnesses in alphabetical order but didn’t disclose who they planned to call to the stand on Thursday and Friday.

Espinosa’s courtroom testimony appears to be the first time she’s spoken publicly about Epstein and Maxwell. In 2019, an accuser named Jennifer Araoz sued Maxwell and Epstein’s estate and named Espinosa as a defendant, too. “There were also two assistants of Epstein that would call Ms. Araoz from Epstein’s office to schedule these sexual encounters,” the lawsuit alleged, adding that “one of those assistants was Ms. Espinosa, who Ms. Araoz would see at the property after speaking to.”

On Thursday, Espinosa said she scheduled appointments for Epstein “5 to 10” times with professional masseuses. She claimed she never saw any underage females visit Epstein’s office.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Ghislaine Maxwell doesn't testify, as her defense team rests its case

Dec. 17, 5:51 PM

When U.S. District Judge Alison J. Nathan told Maxwell in court that she had the right to testify or refuse to do so, Maxwell, 59, said it wouldn't be necessary.

"Your honor the government has not proven its case beyond a reasonable doubt, so there is no need for me to testify," Maxwell said, according to Julie K. Brown of The Miami Herald.

As Friday's proceedings began, the defense called Eva Andersson-Dubin, 60, to the stand. She is a former Miss Sweden who once dated Epstein. Her husband, financier Glenn Dubin, is also involved in the case, at least tangentially: Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre has said she was told to have sex with Dubin. Giuffre wasn't asked to testify in the federal case against Maxwell.

Closing arguments on Monday.

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/17/1064951639/ghislaine-maxwell-doesnt-testify-as-her-defense-team-rests-its-case

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wistman said:

Ghislaine Maxwell doesn't testify, as her defense team rests its case

Dec. 17, 5:51 PM

Closing arguments on Monday.

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/17/1064951639/ghislaine-maxwell-doesnt-testify-as-her-defense-team-rests-its-case

The fix is in. 
Anyone who can’t see it is wilfully blind, unless somehow her defence thinks that a few people saying “I didn’t see anything” is a valid defence that’ll counter “he did this, she enabled it”. 

• Like 2