Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
weareIF

Cryptozoology The Beast of Bray Road Legend o

59 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

weareIF
Posted (edited)

Evil fictional werewolves are barking at the moon in the films, “An American Werewolf in London,” and “An American Werewolf in Paris,” but did you know many people believe one is roaming the wilds in real life in the northeastern parts of America? There have been sightings by people who lived to tell the tale of the Beast of Bray Road for many years (and maybe some sightings by those who didn’t live to tell the tale!). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff1WRPtj-jQ

 

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
font size
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)

I have heard of this one before and heard some pretty convincing testimony and other evidence from regular sounding people in the Bray Road area.

Papameter reads 80% 'real' and 20% (misidentification, hoax)

But what is it? My leading theory is that it is a paranormal creature that is not a full-time resident of the physical plane. It is more like something in that broad class of phenomena sometimes called shapeshifters, skinwalkers, etc.. The manifestation is both human-like and canine-like.

I remember one investigator (who I believed owned property along the road) tried to capture evidence and came across a mysterious energetic mist on his property (as though not in the fully materialized state).

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute

This creature would be no match for The Beast of Bolsover. :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore

Erm, Bray Road isn't in the Northeastern U.S.. It's in the Midwest. In Southeast Wisconsin. A more general for folks not familiar with the area its around a 2 hour drive Northwest of Chicago, Il.

Video was pretty dry and rather route almost read off others writings kind of thing. Fortunately that seems to be the case, because after getting the general location in the U.S. wrong, I was fearing much worse in the video. Most of the generally found lore is in it.

Just some more random information for folks that may be unfamiliar with this lore. Werewolves as local lore came into the area quite a bit with the migration of Germans in the mid-1800's and another jog in the 1880's. Of course, there are other Europeans that brought werewolf lore with them too, but the German influences are probably the greatest. There is a lot of werewolf lore in SE Wi- lots of witches and UFO's too. Natural wolves, big cats, coyotes, and the occasional black bears too.

And perhaps a bit of lore spread as well.

A bit of history fun- In 1987 a Detroit DJ decided to do a bit about the Michigan Dogman as an April Fools joke that helped spark a late 80's into the 90's spat of folks seeing the critter. This is commonly noted in the general lore of the area.

Something that occasionally pops up in the lore as a "historical" sighting, but isn't well known to be a prank. I only stumbled across this one by chatting with an old guy at a local feed store a couple years back.. In the 60's in SW Michigan, a few guys decided to play a prank on one of their buddies one night. One of them had an old Halloween gorilla/dog beast suit. They got the buddy to go out to one of their barns... then popped out with the suit on and chased the terrified buddy halfway across a reaped cornfield. Buddy kept running all the way home- guy in the suit fell over tired and laughing. With the prank, they accidentally sparked a local beast legend that lingered on for decades.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Impedancer
2 hours ago, acute said:

This creature would be no match for The Beast of Bolsover. :yes:

This creature would be no match for Storsjöodjuret 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore
42 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

This creature would be no match for Storsjöodjuret 

Golly, how about a central hub of witch covens with werewolf allies of strays taken up over the decades? Conveniently or not over a tunnel system built over a whole town including cemeteries and college houses? Maybe forming triangles or pentacles? That lore is from Whitewater... It's down the road a bit from Bray Road.

And Storsjöodjuret might be an opponent- but we talking miles from the shore of the big lake, and Storsjöodjuret would be at a serious disadvantage on the dry land of the Bray Road area.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
On 8/11/2019 at 4:09 PM, papageorge1 said:

I have heard of this one before and heard some pretty convincing testimony and other evidence from regular sounding people in the Bray Road area.

Papameter reads 80% 'real' and 20% (misidentification, hoax)

But what is it? My leading theory is that it is a paranormal creature that is not a full-time resident of the physical plane. It is more like something in that broad class of phenomena sometimes called shapeshifters, skinwalkers, etc.. The manifestation is both human-like and canine-like.

I remember one investigator (who I believed owned property along the road) tried to capture evidence and came across a mysterious energetic mist on his property (as though not in the fully materialized state).

Do you actually read what you have wrote?:lol::lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
13 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Do you actually read what you have wrote?:lol::lol:

Yes, and do you have anything of substance to say or just trolling along.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Yes, and do you have anything of substance to say or just trolling along.

Funny enough I was wondering if you had anything of substance to say yourself. Considering there isn't any evidence at all suggesting what you said in your post. How on Earth do you get to the conclusion this story is 80% paranormal?

 

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
On 8/11/2019 at 3:50 PM, weareIF said:

Evil fictional werewolves are barking at the moon in the films, “An American Werewolf in London,” and “An American Werewolf in Paris,” but did you know many people believe one is roaming the wilds in real life in the northeastern parts of America? There have been sightings by people who lived to tell the tale of the Beast of Bray Road for many years (and maybe some sightings by those who didn’t live to tell the tale!). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff1WRPtj-jQ

 

Many people believe alot of things. Mainly cause people want to believe in something or they have actually witnessed something, which is either a misidentified known animal or they may have actually in inadvertently discovered a new species. 

It's usually the first two.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
4 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Funny enough I was wondering if you had anything of substance to say yourself. Considering there isn't any evidence at all suggesting what you said in your post. How on Earth do you get to the conclusion this story is 80% paranormal?

 

Consistent eyewitness evidence is evidence but not proof.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
On 8/11/2019 at 4:09 PM, papageorge1 said:

Papameter reads 80% 'real' and 20% (misidentification, hoax)

Got to ask PapaG, what % is misidentification and % a hoax?

Does the misidentification come under hoax or real but - misidentified?

How do you get a % of 80% real while still given a % to it being a hoax? You see if I thought something was real with such a high %, I would not consider it a hoax at all. 

I can understand a 50/50 split, but not a 80 with a split of 20 shared between misidentified and hoax.

Cheers.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Consistent eyewitness evidence is evidence but not proof.

You still cant give 80 percent on eyewitness reports alone.

There are even factors in to eyewitness accounts, consistent or not. There could be motives behind it. Financial gain through selling made up stories, people looking for attention. 

 

Eyewitness accounts are not evidence, they're accounts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
8 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

How on Earth do you get to the conclusion this story is 80% paranormal?

Ah, you've not come across his famous, malfunctioning 'papameter' before then? Don't worry, you'll see it in action many, many more times.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Just now, ThereWeAreThen said:

You still cant give 80 percent on eyewitness reports alone.

There are even factors in to eyewitness accounts, consistent or not. There could be motives behind it. Financial gain through selling made up stories, people looking for attention. 

 

Eyewitness accounts are not evidence, they're accounts.

All things are considered in my estimation. I have heard these particular witnesses interviewed. And I consider that this case of a crypto creature does not rest on its own. There is precedence and cumulative cases.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Got to ask PapaG, what % is misidentification and % a hoax?

 

The read-out is 10% and 10%

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Does the misidentification come under hoax or real but - misidentified?

 

It comes under 'not real'.

6 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

 

How do you get a % of 80% real while still given a % to it being a hoax? You see if I thought something was real with such a high %, I would not consider it a hoax at all. 

 

 

No offense, but I must question your understanding of basic mathematics.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

 

No offense, but I must question your understanding of basic mathematics.

No offense, but I must question your understanding of sanity?

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Stiff said:

No offense, but I must question your understanding of sanity?

Papameter:  Papa 100% Sane

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

All things are considered in my estimation. I have heard these particular witnesses interviewed. And I consider that this case of a crypto creature does not rest on its own. There is precedence and cumulative cases.

But all alleged werewolf sightings are just hearsay. How you've given 80% on hearsay alone is mind boggling.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The read-out is 10% and 10%

It comes under 'not real'.

No offense, but I must question your understanding of basic mathematics.

80% is pretty high for real, I just do not get where you fit in 10% hoax???  That is not maths, it is ridiculous. 

 

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter:  Papa 100% insane

Fixed that for you.;)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Just now, ThereWeAreThen said:

But all alleged werewolf sightings are just hearsay. How you've given 80% on hearsay alone is mind boggling.

I consider direct eyewitness testimony by serious people to be more than the derogatory term 'hearsay'.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
Just now, papageorge1 said:

I consider direct eyewitness testimony by serious people to be more than the derogatory term 'hearsay'.

I'm to assume "serious" people would  be people in a position of trust? I.e doctors, police officers, biologists etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter:  Papa 100% Sane

I'd be sending that papameter back and asking for a full refund if I were you.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

80% is pretty high for real, I just do not get where you fit in 10% hoax???  That is not maths, it is ridiculous. 

I am somewhat familiar with this case. Have you ever heard the direct eyewitnesses interviewed?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.