Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

The Malaysian screaming schoolgirls mystery

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

"It was a quiet Friday morning last July when pandemonium broke out at a school in north-east Malaysia. Siti Nurannisaa, a 17-year-old student, was at the centre of the chaos.

This is her account of what happened.

The assembly bells rang.

I was at my desk feeling sleepy when I felt a hard, sharp tap on my shoulder.

I turned round to see who it was and the room went dark.

Fear overtook me. I felt a sharp, splitting pain in my back and my head started spinning. I fell to the floor.

Before I knew it, I was looking into the 'otherworld'. Scenes of blood, gore and violence.

The scariest thing I saw was a face of pure evil.

It was haunting me, I couldn't escape. I opened my mouth and tried to scream but no sound came out.

I passed out.

Siti's outburst triggered a powerful chain reaction that ripped through the school. Within minutes students in other classrooms started screaming, their frantic cries ricocheting through the halls."

Full feature article at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48850490

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
papageorge1

I read the article. My thought is that the paranormal and psychological reactions are both in play. Certainly young adolescent girls are most emotional and will be more dramatically effected by the paranormal and the psychological.

This reminds me of many stories I've heard of western world girls playing with a Ouija board. Emotions go wild but events not normally explainable do seem to occur also (like an object goes flying or all the drawers in the kitchen were open or something like that). Even random psychokinesis and poltergeist phenomena is most often associated with adolescent girls. I do believe it's part of this complicated universe in which our physical plane shares with other dimensions of reality and adolescent girls are at the height of their uncontrolled psychic energies. 

I understand the appeal of assigning physical-only explanations to everything but I have heard too many examples of convincing unexplained phenomena to believe this is the full understanding for every case.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I read the article. My thought is that the paranormal and psychological reactions are both in play. Certainly young adolescent girls are most emotional and will be more dramatically effected by the paranormal and the psychological.

This reminds me of many stories I've heard of western world girls playing with a Ouija board. Emotions go wild but events not normally explainable do seem to occur also (like an object goes flying or all the drawers in the kitchen were open or something like that). Even random psychokinesis and poltergeist phenomena is most often associated with adolescent girls. I do believe it's part of this complicated universe in which our physical plane shares with other dimensions of reality and adolescent girls are at the height of their uncontrolled psychic energies. 

I understand the appeal of assigning physical-only explanations to everything but I have heard too many examples of convincing unexplained phenomena to believe this is the full understanding for every case.

Is 17 adolescent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
22 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Is 17 adolescent?

It’s in the ballpark of what I’m talking about, yes. I chose the word ‘adolescent ‘ quickly without any intention of precision.

I could have even said teenage plus or minus.

Edited by papageorge1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Montmorency the Dog

I was going to say where was Third Eye on the night in question, but that might be in poor taste. :mellow: 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Quote

Robert Bartholomew spent decades researching the phenomenon in Malaysia. He calls the South East Asian country "the mass hysteria capital of the world".

:lol:

@third_eye  I hesitate to guess your contribution to the whole of affairs. :whistle:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

My pretty face... 

:yes:

~

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

My pretty face... 

:yes:

~

Actually it happens wherever the Abrahamic Religions clash with the Traditional ones. Africa, Native reserves, etc. and it's always the members of the Abrahamic groups having the "Demonic?" attacks. I guess that's what happens when you religion is based on fear. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
33 minutes ago, Piney said:

Actually it happens wherever the Abrahamic Religions clash with the Traditional ones. Africa, Native reserves, etc. and it's always the members of the Abrahamic groups having the "Demonic?" attacks. I guess that's what happens when you religion is based on fear. 

"rapture" and "passion" if these were to happen at any establishment of organized religion... 

~

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

"rapture" and "passion" if these were to happen at any establishment of organized religion... 

~

Instant "Saint" just add "screwball". :yes:

 

It's far easier to be "saved" than to work on the development of your mind and body.

The bad part of course, is you always wind up needing saving......

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
2 hours ago, Piney said:

Instant "Saint" just add "screwball". :yes:

 

It's far easier to be "saved" than to work on the development of your mind and body.

The bad part of course, is you always wind up needing saving......

Both the saved and saver has to go all the way... Where they end up is another page altogether... 

~

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

That whole thing is incredible.

and this: "In early 2016, mass hysteria took hold across many schools in the state. "Officials could not handle the multiple outbreaks and shut all the schools,"
 

I seriously wonder if they can ever harness that ability.  Females I think hold an edge in psychic ability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
MissJatti

Well she has a mobile phone, played Mortal Kombat II all night long, felt tired, and had a nightmare about the story of MK at school, causing a blunder.

Word got out, and when word spreads its never the same story, the story becomes more extravagant, causing in this case... a mass hysteria.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkmoonlady

Folie a deux, honestly it doesn't take much to freak people out. Look at those on the street scare videos, people's reactions range but usually when more than two people are scared it's like a Cascade effect. One girl has a waking nightmare or hallucination, daydream whatever and her reaction or the reaction of others stokes fear and panic in others, kind of like a psychological cattle stampede. With social media it can spread to other schools in minutes. If a video of a cat being danced around to a song can go viral in a day, folie a deux panic I'm sure can. Not just teenage girls, sadly right now if a car backfired near a crowd what would happen? 

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.