Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

White House drafting executive order to

174 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

ExpandMyMind
Quote

The White House is circulating drafts of a proposed executive order that would address allegations of anti-conservative bias by social media companies, according to a White House official and two other people familiar with the matter — a month after President Donald Trump pledged to explore "all regulatory and legislative solutions" on the issue.

None of the three would describe the contents of the order, which one person cautioned has already taken many different forms and remains in flux. But its existence, and the deliberations surrounding it, are evidence that the administration is taking a serious look at wielding the federal government’s power against Silicon Valley.

“If the internet is going to be presented as this egalitarian platform and most of Twitter is liberal cesspools of venom, then at least the president wants some fairness in the system,” the White House official said. “But look, we also think that social media plays a vital role. They have a vital role and an increasing responsibility to the culture that has helped make them so profitable and so prominent."

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/white-house-tech-censorship-1639051

Someone's been taking notes from all those dictators he's been brown-nosing.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
10 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

“If the internet is going to be presented as this egalitarian platform and most of Twitter is liberal cesspools of venom, then at least the president wants some fairness in the system,”

Twitter has suspended Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's reelection campaign account Thursday after posting a video showing threats against the long-time Kentucky Republican. McConnell's campaign spokesperson, Kevin Golden, called out the social platform for its decision in a statement to CBS News. The Republican Party, Trump campaign and other GOP organizations are halting their Twitter spending in response.

The post featured a video, according to The Courier Journal, showing protesters outside McConnell's home in Louisville who were shouting profanities directed him.

"This is the problem with the speech police in America today: The Lexington-Herald can attack Mitch with cartoon tombstones of his opponents," he added. "But we can't mock it. Twitter will allow the words 'Massacre Mitch' to trend nationally on their platform. But locks our account for posting actual threats against us."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-mitch-mcconnell-campaign-account-suspended-today-2019-08-08/

 

Since when is being fair a Dictator's trait? And Twitter obviously didn't want their precious Liberals being shown in a bad light.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
21 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

White House drafting executive order to

.....ban clickbait?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome

At last he's beginning to make a start on abolishing opposition media. This is a step in the right direction at last; that's usually the first thing any self-respecting dictator does. Next would surely be outlawing opposition parties. :sk

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
17 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Twitter has suspended Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's reelection campaign account Thursday after posting a video showing threats against the long-time Kentucky Republican. McConnell's campaign spokesperson, Kevin Golden, called out the social platform for its decision in a statement to CBS News. The Republican Party, Trump campaign and other GOP organizations are halting their Twitter spending in response.

The post featured a video, according to The Courier Journal, showing protesters outside McConnell's home in Louisville who were shouting profanities directed him.

"This is the problem with the speech police in America today: The Lexington-Herald can attack Mitch with cartoon tombstones of his opponents," he added. "But we can't mock it. Twitter will allow the words 'Massacre Mitch' to trend nationally on their platform. But locks our account for posting actual threats against us."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-mitch-mcconnell-campaign-account-suspended-today-2019-08-08/

 

Since when is being fair a Dictator's trait? And Twitter obviously didn't want their precious Liberals being shown in a bad light.

If twitter was so attached to "liberals" Why have they not shut down Trump's twitter account.  This just looks like the wolves crying "sheep".

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
54 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

At last he's beginning to make a start on abolishing opposition media. This is a step in the right direction at last; that's usually the first thing any self-respecting dictator does. Next would surely be outlawing opposition parties. :sk

It's all in the "nice letter" from Kim. :lol:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
4 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

If twitter was so attached to "liberals" Why have they not shut down Trump's twitter account.  This just looks like the wolves crying "sheep".

Twitter can't even utilise their algorithm for white supremacists because it would ban too many GOP politicians. But somehow they're out to get the right, when it's basically a megaphone for right wing conspiracy nutjobs.

4 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Twitter has suspended Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's reelection campaign account Thursday after posting a video showing threats against the long-time Kentucky Republican. McConnell's campaign spokesperson, Kevin Golden, called out the social platform for its decision in a statement to CBS News. The Republican Party, Trump campaign and other GOP organizations are halting their Twitter spending in response.

The post featured a video, according to The Courier Journal, showing protesters outside McConnell's home in Louisville who were shouting profanities directed him.

"This is the problem with the speech police in America today: The Lexington-Herald can attack Mitch with cartoon tombstones of his opponents," he added. "But we can't mock it. Twitter will allow the words 'Massacre Mitch' to trend nationally on their platform. But locks our account for posting actual threats against us."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-mitch-mcconnell-campaign-account-suspended-today-2019-08-08/

 

Since when is being fair a Dictator's trait? And Twitter obviously didn't want their precious Liberals being shown in a bad light.

Quote

Twitter unfroze Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell from his campaign account today after the lawmaker was suspended for posting a video of angry protestors that violated the site's guidelines. The social media giant today explained the reasoning behind locking the GOP politician's account in a series of tweets. The team at Twitter wrote that they agreed to review the case after multiple affected individuals, including members of McConnell's staff, reached out to them.

Earlier this week, McConnell and several others posted a video of a group of protesters who gathered outside the lawmaker's Kentucky home in order to demand action on recent mass shootings. The profanity-laden footage featured individuals hurling threats at McConnell. Twitter found that the video violated its abusive behavior policy -- which bans threats against an individual or group of people -- and froze McConnell's account.

The disciplinary action against the GOP leader ignited outrage among bastions of Twitter's right-wing followers. Republicans agreed to boycott the social media platform by halting paid ad campaigns.

Rather than targeting the Kentucky lawmaker solely, Twitter also suspended the accounts of several others who posted the video in an effort to prevent it from spreading. Twitter initially offered to unsuspend McConnell if he simply deleted the offending video. The company eventually decided to allow the video to remain on the site with a warning for sensitive media. It has selectively applied such warnings in the past in cases when rule-breaking content is still in the public interest.

Endgadget

And being fair? Even if he was being 'persecuted', which he wasn't, Twitter has no obligation to be objective or any of that good stuff. They are a private company, entitled to be bias if they so wish.

Trump's proposal is an attack on the First Amendment that you guys supposedly hold so dear. His desire and more shockingly his willingness to attempt to censor anything he deems as liberal bias or anti Republican should worry anyone.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss

They are entitled to be biased if they wish but they can't advertise that they are neutral at the same time. That's the issue here.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
1 hour ago, skliss said:

They are entitled to be biased if they wish but they can't advertise that they are neutral at the same time. That's the issue here.

What law stops them from doing so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

They are a private company, entitled to be bias if they so wish.

So were the oil barons and the railroad tycoons until the government decided to assign them a different status based on their unique impact on the citizenry of the country.  My guess is that these modern-day information platforms are scared spitless that they'll be similarly constrained from behaving with total freedom.  This EO may well lead to some self-censorship of those "entitled" behaviors.  They should have NO RIGHT to pick and choose the nature of the political opinions expressed by their customers unless those customers actually call for violence against ANY other group of people or any individual.  The hypocrites that support their actions today would be screaming the loudest if it were THEIR opinions that were being quashed, regularly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
1 hour ago, and then said:

So were the oil barons and the railroad tycoons until the government decided to assign them a different status based on their unique impact on the citizenry of the country.  My guess is that these modern-day information platforms are scared spitless that they'll be similarly constrained from behaving with total freedom.  This EO may well lead to some self-censorship of those "entitled" behaviors.  They should have NO RIGHT to pick and choose the nature of the political opinions expressed by their customers unless those customers actually call for violence against ANY other group of people or any individual.  The hypocrites that support their actions today would be screaming the loudest if it were THEIR opinions that were being quashed, regularly.

That's the problem with how the left views conservative speech. They believe the words themselves are violent or that they encourage violence. Simple disagreement is violence. That's how antifa and those that support them justifies their violent attacks. We see them as unprovoked but they see it as self defense and they don't even view it as preemptive. They think it's fully justified tit-for-tat reactionary defense. Silicone valley is full of people who buy into that. #clintonbodycount was erased as a trend yesterday but #trumpbodycount was allowed to replace it. 

Then the every day protestors outside Mitch's house. "I wish he'd have broke his neck" "Just stab him in the heart already" "Die, die".

Quote

 

"This is the problem with the speech police in America today: The Lexington-Herald can attack Mitch with cartoon tombstones of his opponents," he added. "But we can't mock it. Twitter will allow the words 'Massacre Mitch' to trend nationally on their platform. But locks our account for posting actual threats against us." https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-mitch-mcconnell-campaign-account-suspended-today-2019-08-08/

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

Leaked Draft of Trump Executive Order to 'Censor the Internet' Denounced as Dangerous, Unconstitutional Edict 

Quote

  "In the name of defending free speech it would allow mass government censorship of online content. In practice, it means whichever party is in power can decide what speech is allowed on the internet."

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
12 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/white-house-tech-censorship-1639051

Someone's been taking notes from all those dictators he's been brown-nosing.

I havent read the responses yet, im assuming its a whole bunch of justifying why putting the mechanisms for mass government censorship in place are a good thing.

This is real ****. The very real **** that the mouth breathers doing all the justifying (allegedly, my apologies mouth breathers if im wrong) have been spit polishing their guns in preparation for.

God damn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
7 hours ago, skliss said:

They are entitled to be biased if they wish but they can't advertise that they are neutral at the same time. That's the issue here.

So foxnews should be censored from using "fair and balanced" ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
4 hours ago, and then said:

They should have NO RIGHT to pick and choose the nature of the political opinions expressed by their customers unless those customers actually call for violence against ANY other group of people or any individual. 

So you think they should allow ISIS to spread their message as long as they dont verbalize a threat?

4 hours ago, and then said:

.  The hypocrites that support their actions today would be screaming the loudest if it were THEIR opinions that were being quashed, regularly.

Or we just have the reading comprehension level , and willingness to do so , to understand that the whole "conservatives being censored" thing is bull**** propaganda created in order to keep Trumpians scared and angry so they dont realize whats actually happening.

Youll get there one day.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

Stops being amusing when it STARTS being YOUR side that doesn't run rampant on liberty, eh?  CHOKE ON IT for awhile.  :w00t:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, and then said:

Stops being amusing when it STARTS being YOUR side that doesn't run rampant on liberty, eh?  CHOKE ON IT for awhile.  :w00t:

LOL read my response to you in the other thread.......PSSST spoiler alert it isnt actually happening.

That aside...way to go American Patriot :tu:

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome

Your good friend and colleague ExpandMyMind has already covered this, if it's the same thing. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Your good friend and colleague ExpandMyMind has already covered this, if it's the same thing. 

Yeah i reported this thread LOL

Thanks

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
Just now, Farmer77 said:

Yeah i reported this thread LOL

Thanks

reporting your own thread? That's taking self-censorship to new extremes. :( 

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
5 minutes ago, and then said:

Stops being amusing when it STARTS being YOUR side that doesn't run rampant on liberty, eh?  CHOKE ON IT for awhile.  :w00t:

God damn man think about this for a second. You think a private company is censoring "your people" so youre willing to cheer on the government putting the tools for massive censorship in place.

p*** on the constitution because you think , despite the evidence, that companies are mean to your people?

Wow.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

reporting your own thread? That's taking self-censorship to new extremes. :( 

Thats the only acceptable form!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

Oh my God! Fair and Balanced Social Media? The *******s must be shaking in their boots. Maybe they should try more torches and pitchforks.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh my God! Fair and Balanced Social Media? The *******s must be shaking in their boots. Maybe they should try more torches and pitchforks.

Yeah generally Americans arent for government censorship. We have this thing called the constitution, you really should read it,  that says that sort of thing isnt supposed to happen here.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah generally Americans arent for government censorship. We have this thing called the constitution, you really should read it,  that says that sort of thing isnt supposed to happen here.

You should stop promulgating falsehoods. This fanciful document isn't about censoring free speech, it's about free speech being censored by social media outlets. How typical of the Left to try and silence dissenting voices and be terrified of the idea of getting a dose of their own medicine. They find the idea of the Right treating the Left the way the Left treats the Right absolutely appalling. Just more of their sick, guilt-ridden, nightmare fantasies.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.