Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White House drafting executive order to

ExpandMyMind

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Strawman to the rescue!!!!!!

Like any good conservative!!! Isnt that their platform? Big government with a heavy focus on intruding in the free market? :lol::lol:

Do you not see how the cult of personality has twisted you guys?

Hey speaking of the free market why is it again that conservatives cant just make their own social media and need the government to intercede in the free market on their behalf?

You just create straw man after straw man to launch your attacks from because you can't deal with what's actually being said. Personality Cult? Trump ain't got no personality!

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL sure im worried about the corporations and not the people whose voices are heard through those corporations :tu:

You're only worried about half of them--and that's your problem. If you lose to Trump this time--it's because you gave into the worst excesses of stupidity.

Edited by Hammerclaw

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

You just create straw man after straw man to launch your attacks from because you can't deal with what's actually being said.

Well thats a little less weird than your previous gas lighting attempt but its still pretty "im rubber youre glue"

So again mi amigo why is it that conservatives cant start their own social media and have to have the government inercede on their behalf?

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well thats a little less weird than your previous gas lighting attempt but its still pretty "im rubber youre glue"

So again mi amigo why is it that conservatives cant start their own social media and have to have the government inercede on their behalf?

Why don't you guys all move to the West Coast and start your own country? I here it's lovely in L.A. this year, with all the colorful homeless camps sprouting up, everywhere. If you guys want to get away from us, why not start your own--or just put us all on ignore.

Edited by Hammerclaw

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Your only worried about half of them--and that's your problem. If you lose to Trump this time--it's because you gave into the worse excesses of stupidity.

Why must you create these false constructs? I mean i know the answer its because your media has radicalized you but dude seriously, ive been trying to have a conversation about constitutionality for like an hour now and all you're doing is chucking AM radio talk show host rhetoric at me.

Truly im not only worried about half of the voices nor am I only worried about half the country. Thats part of why I was screaming about the wall emergency declaration. The precedent set there is going to make you guys lose your ****ing minds if a liberal ever takes office again. Honestly me too most likely. You guys are so fixated on getting the "win" over the "other side" that you either dont think about or simply no longer care about the long term effects of the short term "win".

This is another one of those situations. Think about if it were President AOC suggesting this executive order, would you be for it? OF COURSE NOT. The problem is it could be her, or someone further to the left of her, who eventually inherits the EO and its authorities.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Why don't you guys all move to the West Coast and start your own country? I here it's lovely in L.A. this year, with all the colorful homeless camps sprouting up, everywhere. 

Well im basically there but weirdly im surrounded mostly by well to do conservatives . Of course your media doesnt tell you that either.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Well im basically there but weirdly im surrounded mostly by well to do conservatives . Of course your media doesnt tell you that either.

So you live in posh end, huh? Figures. 

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

So you live in posh end, huh? Figures. 

The kind of place people spend thousands of dollars just to visit.  :yes:

Just now, Farmer77 said:

The kind of place people spend thousands of dollars just to visit.  :yes:

You're not divorced from reality--you never married.

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

You're not divorced from reality--you never married.

LOL please do explain that nugget

47 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Actually, we always listen, you're the ones who are loathe to do that. We listened for eight years--now it's your turn.

You're just as delusional as And Then. You guys were crying everyday about Obama this and Obama that.

Now you even parrot dear leaders "fake news" mantra, unware that you precious fokkk news has the least amount of truth in their "reporting " though things like truth and facts long took a back seat when "your side/russia" got into power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

You're just as delusional as And Then. You guys were crying everyday about Obama this and Obama that.

Now you even parrot dear leaders "fake news" mantra, unware that you precious fokkk news has the least amount of truth in their "reporting " though things like truth and facts long took a back seat when "your side/russia" got into power.

Such as? what have they posted not factually correct in their news? 

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL please do explain that nugget

You're not that dense....are you?

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

You're not that dense....are you?

Nahhh in all honesty I was kinda baiting the trap.

Im not rich, grew up poor white trash, made a decent career until MS hit then got poorer . Mostly back on my feet now. Kind of a pull yourself up by your bootstraps GOP fairy tale actually :lol:

Anyways as a career public safety professional I can pretty much choose to live wherever I want not because im rich, every town needs a place for the service staff to live, but because of what I do. So like Rainbow Trout I simply dont live in ugly places.

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Nahhh in all honesty I was kinda baiting the trap.

Im not rich, grew up poor white trash, made a decent career until MS hit then got poorer . Mostly back on my feet now. Kind of a pull yourself up by your bootstraps GOP fairy tale actually :lol:

Anyways as a career public safety professional I can pretty much choose to live wherever I want not because im rich, every town needs a place for the service staff to live, but because of what I do. So like Rainbow Trout I simply dont live in ugly places.

Don't kid a kidder and don't chew on that silver spoon too hard--it shows every mark.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Don't kid a kidder and don't chew on that silver spoon too hard--it shows every mark.

God I wish. You have no idea how much I wish. Not for things like nice cars and mansions but just for some ****ing peace of mind , maybe knock out those medical bills and those college loans. Finish paying for the kid's braces. That kind of ****. It would be like a mountain was lifted off of my shoulders and maybe I could breathe for the first time in a decade +.

edit to add: And pay off the IRS

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

ROFL. 

OooooKAY.. .can ANYONE show me a copy of this "draft EO" ? 

No you can't, because - I suspect - it doesn't exist. CNN reported on it, but all they said was that they had been TOLD of its contents by three un-named "White House Sources". 

Actually, even THAT is not accurate. The "sources" didn't actually quote from the document. They merely gave an anecdotal impression of what the document was about. But they didn't quote from the document itself. 

Because I suspect that the document does not exist; at least, not in the form that CNN reports.  This whole thing smacks of an anti-Trump scare story :D 

Fake News, old bean. :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

ROFL. 

No you can't, because - I suspect - it doesn't exist. CNN reported on it, but all they said was that they had been TOLD of its contents by three un-named "White House Sources". 

Actually, even THAT is not accurate. The "sources" didn't actually quote from the document. They merely gave an anecdotal impression of what the document was about. But they didn't quote from the document itself. 

Because I suspect that the document does not exist; at least, not in the form that CNN reports.  This whole thing smacks of an anti-Trump scare story :D 

Maybe fake news, most likely a trial balloon. Thats how its done over here skippy. Thats even how this administration has done it before because, again, thats how its done over here.

Thanks for uplifting the conversation by adding Fake News though :tu:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

This fanciful document isn't about censoring free speech, it's about free speech being censored by social media outlets.

I`m confused because the article states otherwise:

... dubbed by critics as a "Censor the Internet" executive order that would give powerful federal agencies far-reaching powers to pick and choose which kind of Internet material is and is not acceptable—is allowed to go into effect.

If, as per your argumentation, its about speech being censored by social media outlets, why should the WH be involved into the matter? And, social media outlets can/do decide what they publish and what not. Furthermore, why should #45 be involved instead of, for example, Suckerbørg?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

ROFL. 

If you honestly believe that established, respected news outlets just outright make up stories like this then you're living in an alternate reality. Falsifying a story such as this could in seriousness sink a news outlet like CNN. Reporting incorrect facts before correcting them (as CNN has done in the past) and putting what you perceive to be a liberal slant on reporting, are in a completely different world to outright fabrication of stories.

If a respectable news outlet like CNN (or Politico, who actually broke the story) did this, they would lose masses of their readership. If one of the right wing propaganda outlets in the US did so, they'd be called Breitbart and FOX and they'd actually gain readers, as evidenced by their having done so in the past.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

If you honestly believe that established, respected news outlets just outright make up stories like this then you're living in an alternate reality. Falsifying a story such as this could in seriousness sink a news outlet like CNN. Reporting incorrect facts before correcting them (as CNN has done in the past) and putting what you perceive to be a liberal slant on reporting, are in a completely different world to outright fabrication of stories.

If a respectable news outlet like CNN (or Politico, who actually broke the story) did this, they would lose masses of their readership. If one of the right wing propaganda outlets in the US did so, they'd be called Breitbart and FOX and they'd actually gain readers, as evidenced by their having done so in the past.

Funnily enough, CNN IS sinking ! :P 

I take you point. However, providing they can justify the story to their editors, by showing their notes of the discussions with the three "sources", then they are safe. They don't need to sorry about whether the sources are actually ACCURATE or not :D 

50 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Maybe fake news, most likely a trial balloon. Thats how its done over here skippy. Thats even how this administration has done it before because, again, thats how its done over here.

Hmm.. fair point. Though - of course - being a 'trial balloon' still makes it fake news ! :) 

50 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thanks for uplifting the conversation by adding Fake News though :tu:

My pleasure. I've done it again just above :D 

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Leading cable news networks in the United States in July 2019, by number of primetime viewers

And I laughed and laughed and laughed...................

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. fair point. Though - of course - being a 'trial balloon' still makes it fake news ! :) 

So you dont understand how trial balloons work. Ok so if enough of the people the POTUS thinks are important dont like the idea then youre right it may be fake news, however if the people he thinks are important do get all excited at the shiny balloon then it wont be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

As you posted a link that doesnt work