Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White House drafting executive order to

ExpandMyMind

59 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

No. I'm not your search monkey. Look it up yourself. I have **** to do today other than spoon feed you commonly know and easily found information.  You lack of trust in a search engine is telling of your brainwashed paranoia. 

I knew you couldn't. If you could, you'd cheerfully rub my nose in it. You can keep your " Why, everyone knows" crap to yourself. You  don't speak for everyone.

59 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe instead of wasting money regulating things more we should spend it on educating more, teaching people common sense and critical thinking.

You can do that with other things, like gun control.

13 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

So foxnews should be censored from using "fair and balanced" ?

Not for opinion shows. Tell me CNN is balanced...pfffttt. I think "news" is exempt as they aren't selling to members, they are reporting happenings and I'd say they as fair and balanced as any other..probably moreso.

3 hours ago, toast said:

Its like an indirect IQ test of a whole nation.

It shows me that they're smart enough not to watch CNN.

Anyway kids are the ones watching Nickelodeon and Liberal Women and their manscaped men are watching Hallmark.

16 minutes ago, skliss said:

False advertising for one....

That doesn't apply. It doesn't even come close to applying.

27 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

You can do that with other things, like gun control.

Right, anything that is over regulated.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Right, anything that is over regulated.

If the government has regulated it, it is over regulated.

Just now, RavenHawk said:

If the government has regulated it, it is over regulated.

I didn't realize you were a libertarian. 

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

If these big tech/social media companies think they are going to inject themselves into our political system by controlling what content will or won't be shown then they need to be regulated into presenting a balanced point of view.  This is not unprecedented and was done to network television companies in the past.

And then Regean repealed the fairness doctrine and we got the dumpster fire that is fox news

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, yours.

Blah.

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

I knew you couldn't. If you could, you'd cheerfully rub my nose in it. You can keep your " Why, everyone knows" crap to yourself. You  don't speak for everyone.

*snip*

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/53ACA7A8-3C0C-11E8-AA7C-574B95AA29C2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2012/survey-nprs-listeners-best-informed-fox-news-viewers-worst-informed/

But of course you will dismiss e everything because in the where all you have to do is scream "fake news" at things you don't like, *snip7*

Edited by Kismit
Please do not revert to name calling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

That doesn't apply. It doesn't even come close to applying.

Defend.... they claim to be neutral and aren't...

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have libertarian leanings but I am definitely a Constitutional Conservative.  All government is a necessary evil.  And as such, some (i.e. read as very little) regulation is needed to maintain a free society.  The first thing to be regulated is government itself.  On that, you can never over-regulate too much.  Government is there to enhance the human condition, not control it.

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

And then Regean repealed the fairness doctrine and we got the dumpster fire that is fox news

That wasn’t a dumpster fire.  It was a lifebuoy for a nation.  Just a big long overdue irritant to the Progressive agenda.

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

And you expect this from schools run by the federal government?  :lol:

Confucius #45 says: you have to trust in the mission of your competence hydra of education, Betsy DeVok.

35 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Fairness doctrine affected broadcasters regulated by the FCC, not cable stations.

44 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Of course, if you can't name anything thing yourself, factually incorrect, only cite the negative opinions of others, your argument is without merit. 

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Fairness doctrine affected broadcasters regulated by the FCC, not cable stations.

I dont think that is correct, but I dont care enough to find out

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, skliss said:

Defend.... they claim to be neutral and aren't...

That's just your opinion, but even if it's true, so what? What makes you think there's anything wrong with that, legally or otherwise? 

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Of course, if you can't name anything thing yourself, factually incorrect, only cite the negative opinions of others, your argument is without merit. 

Pathetic, purposeful, willful ignorance. Only in modern day 'murica 

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Yeah, you should try to improve.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

7 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

:lol:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Fox and other cable news channels are registered as entertainment and they are not broadcast through the air so not subject to FCC regulations.  If they were registered as news then I believe that would be required but they are honest and register as entertainment not news.

7 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

It is basically correct.  The point was to ensure that local and limited broadcasting markets were open to multiple views.  Cable and internet were exempt because of the nature of such media.  But it has been twisted by the Progs (no surprise).  Under Obama, they were considering expanding to cable and internet to shutdown Conservative thought.  When that failed, big tech stepped forward.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I'm a Libertarian and do not like over regulation but this is one time I hope the feds pull an antitrust suit on these giants and smash them up, Google first.

• Like 2