Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White House drafting executive order to

ExpandMyMind

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'm a Libertarian and do not like over regulation but this is one time I hope the feds pull an antitrust suit on these giants and smash them up, Google first.

Everything in nature has a poison that harms it.  In the free market, monopolies is that poison.  Monopolies need to have the $-hit regulated out of them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'm a Libertarian and do not like over regulation but this is one time I hope the feds pull an antitrust suit on these giants and smash them up, Google first.

I agree, we don't need regulation to the extent that we have it.  I am not a libertarian but I am understanding them more and more and agree more with them than the democrats and republicans.  I really would like to see the observation, data collecting and scrutiny that is done by the corporations reined in.  The lie that it is to keep us safer is really chafing when it is really more about having more control of us and all the resources.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, OverSword said:

:lol:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I'm one of the only people here who will straight up admit to being a hypocrite. Everyone always acts so damn holier than thou that it's sick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I'm one of the only people here who will straight up admit to being a hypocrite. Everyone always acts so damn holier than thou that it's sick

Why I never........ *turns head indignantly*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

A summary of the draft was leaked to CNN and the White House staff haven't denied its existence.

I don't believe that is correct, EMM. I would suggest that an editorialised OPINION on the content of the EO was given to CNN. 

Thus far, no media outlet has leaked the draft EO itself. It is just an echo chamber of opinions on what the "draft EO" MIGHT have contained. 

It's all utterly worthless. 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 3:24 AM, South Alabam said:

Twitter has suspended Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's reelection campaign account Thursday after posting a video showing threats against the long-time Kentucky Republican. McConnell's campaign spokesperson, Kevin Golden, called out the social platform for its decision in a statement to CBS News. The Republican Party, Trump campaign and other GOP organizations are halting their Twitter spending in response.

The post featured a video, according to The Courier Journal, showing protesters outside McConnell's home in Louisville who were shouting profanities directed him.

"This is the problem with the speech police in America today: The Lexington-Herald can attack Mitch with cartoon tombstones of his opponents," he added. "But we can't mock it. Twitter will allow the words 'Massacre Mitch' to trend nationally on their platform. But locks our account for posting actual threats against us."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-mitch-mcconnell-campaign-account-suspended-today-2019-08-08/

Since when is being fair a Dictator's trait? And Twitter obviously didn't want their precious Liberals being shown in a bad light.

Jack's weak as water - remember when his users shamed him after he tweeted he had a Chic-Fil-A (sp?) burger for lunch?  :lol:  He promptly apologised to them. What a joke.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I agree, we don't need regulation to the extent that we have it.  I am not a libertarian but I am understanding them more and more and agree more with them than the democrats and republicans.  I really would like to see the observation, data collecting and scrutiny that is done by the corporations reined in.  The lie that it is to keep us safer is really chafing when it is really more about having more control of us and all the resources.

Perfectly said!! :D 

cceb9b09ce49b92f572ec72b8a32f143.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pixiii said:

Perfectly said!! :D 

Yeeeesss... umm... you DO realise that we are playing at chinese whispers here ?

Nobody in the media has actually seen a copy of this draft "executive order".

The whole story rests on three separate White House staffers who gave their OPINION on the draft EO. The CNN story doesn't even say if their versions actually corroborate each other. 

@Farmer77 suggested that this whole thing might be an administration-inspired "trial balloon". Either way, discussion of it is somewhat tainted by the fact that... well.. nobody really knows what it says. 

14 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeeeesss... umm... you DO realise that we are playing at chinese whispers here ?

Nobody in the media has actually seen a copy of this draft "executive order".

The whole story rests on three separate White House staffers who gave their OPINION on the draft EO. The CNN story doesn't even say if their versions actually corroborate each other. 

@Farmer77 suggested that this whole thing might be an administration-inspired "trial balloon". Either way, discussion of it is somewhat tainted by the fact that... well.. nobody really knows what it says. 

Everything @Desertrat56 mentioned is what is happening currently.  I am in total agreeance with @Desertrat56 that the current info/data collecting does need to be reined in massively imo.  The data scraping is over-the-top and we're kidding ourselves if we believe it's purely for marketing purposes.  

Anything outside of that in relation to the EO is pure speculation as no such draft seems to be forthcoming from anyone, let alone anywhere.  Sounds like it's something conjured up in the media to create this exact response from people. :lol: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pixiii said:

Anything outside of that in relation to the EO is pure speculation as no such draft seems to be forthcoming from anyone, let alone anywhere.  Sounds like it's something conjured up in the media to create this exact response from people. :lol: 

Sure and that's why the white house hasnt denied it :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure and that's why the white house hasnt denied it :rolleyes:

That wasn't directed at you btw, should've taken your name out, my mistake.  I was actually replying to @RoofGardener on how I completely agree with the present info/data collection needs to be reeled back in some, from the state it's currently in.  You cannot tell me that they need even more data than they get now.   

Not interested in an EO that's only rumored to be in existence.  Nothing else.  No hidden agenda here.  No conspiracies.   Simply reiterating my agreement with @Desertrat56.  I can't put it any simpler.  In other words, don't go off on a tangent assuming otherwise you tense lot.  I'm gonna start calling you guys out on this snarkiness.  Lighten up already! :P :lol:   

/sarcasm in case you missed that altogether. 

• Like 2

Just now, pixiii said:

ot interested in an EO that's only rumored to be in existence.  Nothing else.  No hidden agenda here.  No conspiracies.   Simply reiterating my agreement with @Desertrat56.  I can't put it any simpler.  In other words, don't go off on a tangent assuming otherwise you tense lot.  I'm gonna start calling you guys out on this snarkiness.  Lighten up already! :P :lol:   

/sarcasm in case you missed that altogether. 

Yeah my apologies for being frustrated this just fits with the established reality denying pattern which we have been seeing over and over again from Trump and Trumpians. Unless Trump himself says it its "fake news" (which is itself 10 different kinds of ironic) . Despite the very real political reality that is the "trial balloon".

Its really debilitating to discussion...not to mention reality and America.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah my apologies for being frustrated this just fits with the established reality denying pattern which we have been seeing over and over again from Trump and Trumpians. Unless Trump himself says it its "fake news" (which is itself 10 different kinds of ironic) . Despite the very real political reality that is the "trial balloon".

Its really debilitating to discussion...not to mention reality and America.

No apologies necessary really - it's all good.  I was really just having a joke with you guys, hence the sarcasm bit. :)   I know it's frustrating there, it is here too.  Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic, but I'm irritated with the path Australia is headed down by disallowing access to specific websites (similar to how China has been doing it for years) so we can't access them through regular internet service providers without going through a vpn.   Would you believe I had to change my vpn server from Australia to Austria so I could access the website, archive.is .....I can't get started on this or seriously, I would never shut up and we can't have that.  The frustration that where I reside is slowly but ever so surely, turning into some sort of communist country is real.  :lol: 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, pixiii said:

Would you believe I had to change my vpn server from Australia to Austria so I could access the website, archive.is

I had no idea you guys were dealing with such restrictions. That stuff scares the hell out of me , hence my railing against this alleged potential Executive Order.

Why on earth would they block archive.is? Do they give any rationale as to why a certain site is blocked?

Edited by Farmer77

14 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I can't get started on this or seriously, I would never shut up and we can't have that.

Ya know you should start a thread, youve already taught one person something about the issue, spread the word!

35 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Ya know you should start a thread, youve already taught one person something about the issue, spread the word!

I agree wholeheartedly @Farmer77 ! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 5:50 AM, Robotic Jew said:

I would recommend watching "The Brainwashing of my Dad" as well. It really hit me hard as it documented almost step for step what I've seen my grandfather slip into over the last 10 years.

On 8/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, Robotic Jew said:

It does a good job of laying out how fox news spews nonsense and directs people towards being misinformed and more hateful. Of course, those who fall victim to it have the most trouble seeing it.....

There are two sets of numbers that are important here; in that they debunk your statements.  One, Fox News has been the most watched cable news program.  And the other is that the content of negative news verses positive news about President Trump in the MSM has been sitting at about 94%.  Fox has a 52% positive viewpoint of the President.

So who is it that spews nonsense and hate?  It’s not Fox.  People have been bailing from the MSM and seeking the fair and balanced view of Fox.  You can ignore those all you want but you can’t change the facts, so squeal all you want.

It has been you, @Robotic Jew that has slipped into the spewing hatred of the Progressives and MSM over the last 10 years.  This is how divisive Obama had been.  The charisma of the Pied Piper has led you down the path of hate and it has become old.  It has been your grandfather that has seen you slip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

There are two sets of numbers that are important here; in that they debunk your statements.  One, Fox News has been the most watched cable news program.  And the other is that the content of negative news verses positive news about President Trump in the MSM has been sitting at about 94%.  Fox has a 52% positive viewpoint of the President.

So who is it that spews nonsense and hate?  It’s not Fox.  People have been bailing from the MSM and seeking the fair and balanced view of Fox.  You can ignore those all you want but you can’t change the facts, so squeal all you want.

It has been you, @Robotic Jew that has slipped into the spewing hatred of the Progressives and MSM over the last 10 years.  This is how divisive Obama had been.  The charisma of the Pied Piper has led you down the path of hate and it has become old.  It has been your grandfather that has seen you slip.

Is this satire or trolling? I want to point out the logical fallacies in this argument but I also feel there is no way you can't see them yourself. 

Also, please let me know where you have seen me spew any hatred at all.

Edited by Robotic Jew
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Is this satire or trolling?

I can see it could be either for someone who can’t find a safe place.

I want to point out the logical fallacies in this argument but I also feel there is no way you can't see them yourself. 

There’s no way to see them because they don’t exist.

Also, please let me know where you have seen me spew any hated at all.

I see, you can dish it out but can’t take it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I can see it could be either for someone who can’t find a safe place.

There’s no way to see them because they don’t exist.

I see, you can dish it out but can’t take it.

......what?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No one with any credibility can deny that most of the MSM and Social Media platforms are completely Biased toward the Left...I think it's up to the individual to have a brain and see past the BS....either from the Right or Left. And...those on the Left would be marching in the streets and protesting everywhere if the shoe was on the other foot...so all you Liberal's out there spare me your hypocritical nonsense. Yes they may be private companies...and yes they have every right to do as they please. But you'll stand up for them and bash some poor Bakery that doesn't subscribe to your ideas and will not Bake a stupid cake for someone in the LGBTQRSTUV community and try to put them out of business....why..??? Because you want the attention...PERIOD..!!!! People like that can easily go somewhere else....but they target hard working people for the attention....and/or a quick payout.During the Presidential Election my Facebook, Yahoo, Instagram, and all other forms of media were BLASTED with HILLARY for President ads and other forms of crap...along with Trump bashing BS....absolutely non-stop for months. Yet...the Dems immediately called out Trump and the Russians of course for creating FAKE ads and so on all over Social Media. It's absolutely insane the amount of backward thinking that comes from the Democratic party and Liberal Far-Left lunatics. Far-Right lunatics are just as bad...except they at least they don't blame people for getting upset and realize they have some radical views...(NAZI, White Supremacists, and the like). WE all know they are crazy and they know we know they are crazy....but the Left wing nut jobs are worse than Religious Zealots. They simply cannot see that they are lunatics and refuse to even consider they are wrong...and forget about facts...those will never convince them of anything. I consider myself to be a moderate Conservative...I am Pro-Choice, An Atheist, and I believe we need to fix some BS in this world....but I cannot even listen to the MSM anymore...it's become a Circus with Trump in the middle with a spotlight and them questioning his choice of socks now....it's totally ridiculous and sad that they STILL cannot understand WHY they lost. This is all my own opinion...if you disagree....I don't care...don't want to debate....and don't give a damn if you bash me all over the internet world...because I really give give a rats A$$ what others think about me.I could care less what someone else may believe or think....that's the beauty of AMERICA....you're free to be and think what you like. But if Liberal's had it their way....we would all have implants in our heads and be tracked in a database and thrown in jail for even thinking something other than what they tell us to think.....Hmmmmmm...I think there is a movie or two about that very thing..?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Once again Seth Macfarlane is proven right :lol:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Once again Seth Macfarlane is proven right :lol:

I AGREE 100%...which why I'm just a visitor. Must be that Desert air....Oh...I see you're in the Desert as well...:)