Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

White House drafting executive order to

174 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Farmer77
Just now, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Works here.

Wont show me anything without paying for a subscription.

Care to summarize?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So you dont understand how trial balloons work. Ok so if enough of the people the POTUS thinks are important dont like the idea then youre right it may be fake news, however if the people he thinks are important do get all excited at the shiny balloon then it wont be. 

Oh.. I understand the concept. But at the instant of 'floating' the balloon to the media, it is - nevertheless - fake news. The British Civil Service have been using this concept of centuries. The newspapers mostly filter it out.. UNLESS they want to help the 'floater' or the agenda of the 'leak' for some reason. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, RoofGardener said:

Oh.. I understand the concept. But at the instant of 'floating' the balloon to the media, it is - nevertheless - fake news. The British Civil Service have been using this concept of centuries. The newspapers mostly filter it out.. UNLESS they want to help the 'floater' or the agenda of the 'leak' for some reason. :) 

This one the papers are magnifying because well its ****ing insane. Of course thats gonna backfire because it just makes the balloon shinier for Trumpians.

Terrifying times amigo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Wont show me anything without paying for a subscription.

Care to summarize?

CNN's viewership figures are declining precipitously. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cnns-ratings-drop-again-after-three-year-low-last-month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Such as? what have they posted not factually correct in their news? 

A simple google search will tell you that they are the least factual new outlet. Their viewers are also the least informed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year

The other site was just a graph based on statistic of viewership of the top three news outlets.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/october-2018-ratings-fox-news-channel-averaged-more-viewers-than-cnn-and-msnbc-combined/382598/

Quote

 

Basic Cable Top 10: October 2018 (Prime Time)

  1. Fox News – 2,829,000
  2. ESPN – 2,698,000
  3. TBS – 2,487,000
  4. MSNBC – 1,575,000
  5. FS1 – 1,339,000
  6. USA – 1,168,000
  7. Hallmark Channel – 1,158,000
  8. HGTV – 1,120,000
  9. CNN – 931,000
  10. TNT – 911,000

Basic Cable Top 10: October 2018 (Total Day)

  1. Fox News – 1,685,000
  2. ESPN – 964,000
  3. MSNBC – 909,000
  4. Nickelodeon – 766,000
  5. TBS – 760,000
  6. Hallmark Channel – 690,000
  7. CNN – 689,000
  8. HGTV – 656,000
  9. Investigation Discovery – 639,000
  10. USA – 576,000

 

It's been a long standing joke that Nickelodeon and Hallmark has more viewers then CNN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

This one the papers are magnifying because well its ****ing insane. Of course thats gonna backfire because it just makes the balloon shinier for Trumpians.

Terrifying times amigo. 

What.. precisely.. is insane about the draft EO ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1

Why do these mongs keep talking about cnn when politifactt broke the story?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
16 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Why do these mongs keep talking about cnn when politifactt broke the story?

Politico broke the story, but it was CNN who trumpeted that it represented the end of the Republic !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

What.. precisely.. is insane about the draft EO ? 

Putting the mechanisms in place for the government to punish companies for not promoting the proper agenda is kinda the quintessential example of something that is anti American. Sure sure thats not the goal (wink wink) but honestly even if you dont think thats the goal of the current regime why risk it being the goal of the next one?

The insanity is multiplied because doing so in addition to being dangerous is simply unnecessary.

A. the "conservatives being censored" thing is a myth to keep the feeble minded angry and voting stupid and B. we're talking about individual companies, not the entire internet. Why is that important you ask? Because conservatives are free to boycott any media platform they like. They are also free to make their own social media platforms if they like.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Politico broke the story, but it was CNN who trumpeted that it represented the end of the Republic !

Clearly you didnt actually read the CNN article....................... Shocking

Unless you did and your comprehension level is so poor that you thought they were trumpeting that it was the end of the republic. In that case im sorry for insulting you, please make sure your helmet is tightened and remember to not lick the windows.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year
10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Putting the mechanisms in place for the government to punish companies for not promoting the proper agenda is kinda the quintessential example of something that is anti American. Sure sure thats not the goal (wink wink) but honestly even if you dont think thats the goal of the current regime why risk it being the goal of the next one?

The insanity is multiplied because doing so in addition to being dangerous is simply unnecessary.

A. the "conservatives being censored" thing is a myth to keep the feeble minded angry and voting stupid and B. we're talking about individual companies, not the entire internet. Why is that important you ask? Because conservatives are free to boycott any media platform they like. They are also free to make their own social media platforms if they like.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
14 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Putting the mechanisms in place for the government to punish companies for not promoting the proper agenda is kinda the quintessential example of something that is anti American. Sure sure thats not the goal (wink wink) but honestly even if you dont think thats the goal of the current regime why risk it being the goal of the next one?...

And what makes  you think that the Draft EO proposed such a thing ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Clearly you didnt actually read the CNN article....................... Shocking

.....

Very true.... I merely read the Common Dreams article that YOU posted.... 

"...While Politico was the first to report how the draft was being circulated by the White House, CNN notes that if put into effect, "the order would reflect a significant escalation by President Trump in his frequent attacks against social media companies over an alleged but unproven systemic bias against conservatives by technology platforms. And it could lead to a significant reinterpretation of a law that, its authors have insisted, was meant to give tech companies broad freedom to handle content as they see fit....."

I was being tongue-in-cheek when I said "..end of the Republic". 

Can't you tell yet ? 

< sticks tongue in cheek to illustrate > 

Edited by RoofGardener

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
51 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

A simple google search will tell you that they are the least factual new outlet. Their viewers are also the least informed.

“People don’t want to be informed, they want to feel informed.”

This is an actual quote, attributed to Roger Ailes, that was regularly used by staff at Fox when it first went on air. The purpose of FOX is and always has been nothing more than propaganda.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

“People don’t want to be informed, they want to feel informed.”

This is an actual quote, attributed to Roger Ailes, that was regularly used by staff at Fox when it first went on air. The purpose of FOX is and always has been nothing more than propaganda.

Absolutely. There's a documentary on hulu about it. Divide and Conquer The Roger Ailes Story

Hell, even Shepard Smith is getting **** on for pushing back against the tide of filth that Tuckkker Carlson spews

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
7 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Absolutely. There's a documentary on hulu about it. Divide and Conquer The Roger Ailes Story

Hell, even Shepard Smith is getting **** on for pushing back against the tide of filth that Tuckkker Carlson spews

You should watch the Showtime series 'The Loudest Voice', I think you'd like it. Russell Crowe is incredible as Ailes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

so what, left has been doing it for several years now.  i do not see how it affects my rights, if they affect lefty websites i'm not gonna lose a sleep over it, they deserve it,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alchopwn
5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

FFS nobody should support this whatever side of politics it comes from.  I loathe political correctness passionately for the tacit attack on free speech it represents.  All the same I reject the notion that the party in office should dictate what may be said whoever that party is.  If the Dems wanted to introduce this bill I would oppose it.  All it does is hand too much power to the NSA, after all, who will police this edict?  Do we really need more spook government control in our lives?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
Posted (edited)

Sigh. 

"...leaked-draft-trump-executive-order-censor-internet-denounced-dangerous..."

Except that it hasn't been leaked. All that has been leaked are some OPINIONS about the ALLEGED content of the EO, not the EO itself. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
24 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Absolutely. There's a documentary on hulu about it. Divide and Conquer The Roger Ailes Story

Hell, even Shepard Smith is getting **** on for pushing back against the tide of filth that Tuckkker Carlson spews

I would recommend watching "The Brainwashing of my Dad" as well. It really hit me hard as it documented almost step for step what I've seen my grandfather slip into over the last 10 years.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

good, could not happen to a nicer bunch of guys,

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
Posted (edited)

Trump just wants to make social media fair. If you join and you have an opposing political view of the owners, you shouldn't be banned or censored, unless you are clearly in violation of  their terms of service.

Yet once again Trump is being called a Dictator. And it probably is unconstitutional, but let's look at  what Hillary wanted to do...

 

Hillary took an anti-First Amendment turn — unsurprisingly — in a campaign fundraising email claiming Breitbart News has “no right to exist”. She appears ready to shut it down. The FCC might beat her to it though.

There is a plan by the FEC to regulate free online political sites to include free youtube postings and blogs like Drudge and Sean Hannity and much smaller sites.

Her fundraising email is confusing and suggests she gets to decide who has the right to exist among conservative media.

“We’ve had a conservative media in this country for a while,” the email reads. It was sent Thursday and signed by deputy communications director Christina Reynolds. “I don’t always like what they have to say, but I respect their role and their right to exist Reynolds’ which they obviously don’t believe.

“Breitbart is something different,” she says. “They make Fox News look like a Democratic Party pamphlet. They’re a different breed altogether — not just conservative but radical, bigoted, anti-Muslim, anti-Semitic conspiracy peddlers who never have been and never should be anywhere near the levers of power in this country.”

Who is she and how does she get to decide? We do have a Constitution which she apparently will ignore.

That of course is not true but truth doesn’t matter.

Democrats want to regulate speech.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/socialist-hillary-breitbart-has-no-right-to-exist/

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener

Lets just remember... NOBODY has actually SEEN this alleged Executive Order. The newspapers have merely spoken with three White House staffers who have given their IMPRESSIONS of what the draft executive order MIGHT signify.

No actual text was harmed in the making of this story. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.