Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Scudbuster

A Universe Not Made For Us

862 posts in this topic

Habitat
12 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Which subject?

JC. And I think that I read somewhere he'd more likely have been a builder in stone.

Alchopwn
5 hours ago, Habitat said:

JC. And I think that I read somewhere he'd more likely have been a builder in stone.

So if it doesn't matter to you, why do you keep bringing it up?

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
8 hours ago, Habitat said:

The only record we have of Jesus says that he was a carpenter, so why would you reach that conclusion ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Habitat
4 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The only record we have of Jesus says that he was a carpenter, so why would you reach that conclusion ?

Probably because the standard building method wasn't timber construction.

Habitat
8 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

So if it doesn't matter to you, why do you keep bringing it up?

You brought the subject up, not me. I'm not allowed to answer ? You are clearly someone who has a lot of unresolved internal conflict with the subject matter, even to the extent of becoming aggressive about it on an anonymous forum

12 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Probably because the standard building method wasn't timber construction.

Carpenters make a lot of things. Maybe he made doors, windows, furniture, agricultural equipment, carts or waggons ? That is if he even existed...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Habitat
Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Carpenters make a lot of things. Maybe he made doors, windows, furniture, agricultural equipment, carts or waggons ? That is if he even existed...

I really could not care what kind of builder , if any, but suffice to say things do get altered in translation, and it is less likely a worker in timber, than in stone.

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I really could not care what kind of builder , if any, but suffice to say things do get altered in translation, and it is less likely a worker in timber, than in stone.

I agree that it isn't important in the grand scheme of things. 

Habitat

I guess the saying about the "stone the builders rejected" becoming the cornerstone, suggests a familiarity with stone masonry

Alchopwn
9 hours ago, Habitat said:

You brought the subject up, not me. I'm not allowed to answer ? You are clearly someone who has a lot of unresolved internal conflict with the subject matter, even to the extent of becoming aggressive about it on an anonymous forum

Oooh, unresolved conflicts... I love it when people think they can read my mind.  Do tell...  (Of course this says an awful lot more about you than it does about me, you know... It's called projection btw).

• Like 4

Habitat
35 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Oooh, unresolved conflicts... I love it when people think they can read my mind.  Do tell...  (Of course this says an awful lot more about you than it does about me, you know... It's called projection btw).

You are the one working himself into a lather about some bloke you say never existed. I suppose Superman will be your next target ?

Alchopwn
22 hours ago, Habitat said:

You are the one working himself into a lather about some bloke you say never existed. I suppose Superman will be your next target ?

No, everyone knows that superheroes don't exist, so I prefer to knock the gloss off religious figures, who some fools still think were real.  Take Mohammed (pigs be upon him) for example.  He was likely a hybrid of a series of other regional figures who was amalgamated into a single very disjointed character.  There is no actual archaeology to support his existence, which is odd given that he was supposedly the focus of a rapidly growing religion according to the texts about him.  On the other hand, some religious figures have been proven to exist, like the Buddha, but you have to scrape away a good deal of the myth to get at the truth.

• Like 3