Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Scudbuster

A Universe Not Made For Us

862 posts in this topic

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
4 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Would you care to share the evidence that it is scientifically proven that nothing can come from nothing ?

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Everything comes from something, life from life, energy from energy in motion, therefore, it is reasonable to say that nothing can come from nothing.

Nothing - Big Bang - life, matter, energy and consciousness, THAT is a miracle worthy of any God.

That is your opinion, I asked for scientific evidence.

I think my answer in the previous post is equally usefull here.

• Like 3

Will do
10 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The honest answer is that I dont know.....and neither do you.

Interesting. 

You know . . .

. . . what I don't know. 

Stubbly_Dooright
2 hours ago, Will Due said:
2 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Why make a claim, when you do not know for sure? 

In my opinion, at the apex of what humans are alive to do, is to commit wholeheartedly to something someone else tells you, no one can know for sure.

So that's what I do.

And because of it, certain things have become known to me (like apparently it has with others who do it too) that cannot in my opinion, become known any other way.

That's why.

:huh:

Is it me? Does this whole reply make perfect sense? It seems convoluted to me.

Your first sentence, (is it a sentence?) "In my opinion, at the apex of what humans are alive to do, is to commit wholeheartedly to something someone else tells you, no one can know for sure." Is broken or fragmented. I had to read it over for more than once, to see it complete itself. Especially the last part, no one can know for sure, doesn't seem to show a tie in to the first part. 

Then your point of humans is to commit wholeheartedly to something someone else tells you, you better show all feel and act that way. I think, history of rebellions, and wars, and varying situations show that humans don't commit to be following what is told to them. 

And if that is what you do, show how, that makes sense to the fragmented sentence your started your post with. 

"And because of it, certain things have become known to me (like apparently it has with others who do it too) that cannot in my opinion, become known any other way." ........................... your point here does not make it logical to make a claim. You have to back up your claim with proof, and what you use, is subjective and ill fit to back up a claim. 

In other words, you'll not be taken seriously. 

It might be better, for me to really understand you, if you look over what you wrote, and clean it up a bit. I mean, I tried, but you lost me. 

• Like 3

Scudbuster
2 hours ago, Will Due said:

In my opinion, at the apex of what humans are alive to do, is to commit wholeheartedly to something someone else tells you, no one can know for sure.

So that's what I do.

And because of it, certain things have become known to me (like apparently it has with others who do it too) that cannot in my opinion, become known any other way.

That's why.

Right there....!   So OK Will, spit it out - what ?  No more hiding behind mirrors....what exactly??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Piney
4 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

The laws of physics state that nothing can come from nothing,

:blink:  erm...... yeeaaahhh.......

Matter can't be destroyed. It just changes form but there is no "law of physics" that states matter can come from nothing. If that's what you actually meant. :lol:

@Will Due  :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Will do
41 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Right there....!   So OK Will, spit it out - what ?  No more hiding behind mirrors....what exactly??

Commit wholeheartedly to discovering (which if one does they'll know when they find it, what it is they've found) something someone else tells you, no one can find (and know).

In other words, don't let anyone ever tell you, you can't find what someone else hasn't lifted a finger to find for themselves while expending great effort in keeping another person from committing wholeheartedly to the task which is at the apex of human existence.

The search for God. :yes:

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
54 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Commit wholeheartedly to discovering (which if one does they'll know when they find it, what it is they've found) something someone else tells you, no one can find (and know).

In other words, don't let anyone ever tell you, you can't find what someone else hasn't lifted a finger to find for themselves while expending great effort in keeping another person from committing wholeheartedly to the task which is at the apex of human existence.

Maybe its just me who doesnt get it, but to me that was a whole lot of nothing. :innocent:

54 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The search for God. :yes:

Dont you find it odd that most people who find god seem to have different ideas of what god is ?

How does someone like me know who is right ? 

You cant all be right, but you can all be wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Will do
20 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

That's not the question. The question is:

When will someone like you stop thinking they're supposed to hear it from someone else who's right?

When they're just as capable as anyone else in doing those things that result in knowing what's real.

Don't doubt. Be sure.

Edited by Will Due

Alchopwn
13 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

And if so, he made a terrible error in judgment I will say. His main focus was astronomy and he dabbled in other speculations where he was no expert.

Given that Religion has long concerned itself with the stars, postulating all manner of outlandish and supernatural entities that inhabit the heavens, who better to comment on the superstitious nonsense than an astronomer?  If you are a Christian, no doubt you'd prefer a crossdressing pedophile in a frock to tell you what to do, I suppose.

• Like 3

Scudbuster
23 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Maybe its just me who doesnt get it, but to me that was a whole lot of nothing. :innocent:

Yep, count me in the same boat...:yes:

I think Will has - at times - a notorious penchant for rambling, run-on sentences.

Sorry Will, that's just how some of your writing hits me....! 

• Like 3

Stubbly_Dooright
On 8/15/2019 at 4:25 PM, Will Due said:
On 8/15/2019 at 4:13 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

That's not the question. The question is:

When will someone like you stop thinking they're supposed to hear it from someone else who's right?

When they're just as capable as anyone else in doing those things that result in knowing what's real.

Don't doubt. Be sure.

I find that bit, very dangerous. I have found, upon finding out about such figures like Hitler, David Koresh, who I find history describing in thinking they know for sure they were right. Well, we know what happened with them and their thinking, don’t we?! :no:  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Will do
1 hour ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I find that bit, very dangerous. I have found, upon finding out about such figures like Hitler, David Koresh, who I find history describing in thinking they know for sure they were right. Well, we know what happened with them and their thinking, don’t we?! :no:  

chicken-011.jpg

Will do

I find that bit, very dangerous. 

You don't think it's dangerous to trust yourself do you?

Edited by Will Due

Habitat

I find that bit, very dangerous. I have found, upon finding out about such figures like Hitler, David Koresh, who I find history describing in thinking they know for sure they were right. Well, we know what happened with them and their thinking, don’t we?!

You know, and I'm not trying to make fun of you here, that word repetition got me thinking about something that probably has an obscure technical name maybe, and that thing is, if you repeat a word often enough, it starts to seem, and sound, strangely absurd. Does anyone concur ?

Habitat
5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Very dangerous to be supremely confident, Will. Especially with Russian Roulette.

• Like 1

Will do
11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Very dangerous to be supremely confident, Will. Especially with Russian Roulette.

Go ahead and play. I got better things to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Will do
20 minutes ago, Habitat said:

if you repeat a word often enough, it starts to seem, and sound, strangely absurd. 

You mean like the word "team"?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Stubbly_Dooright
38 minutes ago, Will Due said:

chicken-011.jpg

They say, breakfast is the most important meal in the day. Did you have yours? ;) 

• Haha 1

Stubbly_Dooright
32 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I find that bit, very dangerous. 

Do  more research on the world around you, and then get back to me. 

• Like 1

Stubbly_Dooright
28 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I find that bit, very dangerous. I have found, upon finding out about such figures like Hitler, David Koresh, who I find history describing in thinking they know for sure they were right. Well, we know what happened with them and their thinking, don’t we?!

You know, and I'm not trying to make fun of you here, that word repetition got me thinking about something that probably has an obscure technical name maybe, and that thing is, if you repeat a word often enough, it starts to seem, and sound, strangely absurd. Does anyone concur ?

It still doesn’t erase it from being important in a sentence, no matter how much you find it absurd. 

XenoFish
8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You mean like the word "team"?

That's hab's holy self affirming mantra.

• Like 5

Will do
3 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Do  more research on the world around you

Have you considered doing more research into the world within you Stubbly?

Will do
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

That's hab's holy self affirming mantra.

It's probably just his way of over-confidently playing a game of Russian Roulette. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

psyche101
47 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Do you think that is the best way to be honest with yourself? 

• Like 2

Will do
12 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Do you think that is the best way to be honest with yourself? 

To be honest, no.

• Like 2