Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evidence of the Babylonian conquest found

Still Waters

1 minute ago, larryp said:

I agree, most scholars agree that the oldest Hebrew scriptures (Genesis) was completed around 1500 B.C.E, which means that both the Israelite and the Canaanite civilization predate the bible. So, what is your point?

No, that's NOT what most scholars agree on. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

No, that's NOT what most scholars agree on. 

cormac

If I remember correctly the original version contained just Eve and the serpent showed her how to use the plants and/or animals.

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

If I remember correctly the original version contained just Eve and the serpent showed her how to use the plants and/or animals.

I've not heard that version. I do know that the claim of Lilith being Adam's first wife is not attested anywhere before circa 700 AD. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Here we go again. The scrolls date to the Roman Period and were only translated from Hebrew to Aramaic to English. Not "thousands of times". 

Who copied the scrolls before the Roman era, the Hebrews - 1500 B.C.E; The bible has been translated thousands of times into hundreds of different language-pal. 
I know you hate to hear that!

Edited by larryp

8 minutes ago, larryp said:

Who copied the scrolls before the Roman era, the Hebrews - 1500 B.C.E; The bible has been translated thousands of times into hundreds of different language-pal. 

Incorrect. From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dating_the_Dead_Sea_Scrolls

- Lab Description. 14C Age Calibrated Age (2-sigma)[6]
1 Z (Wadi Daliyeh deed) 2289 +/- 55 408-203 BCE
2 Z Testament of Qahat 2240 +/- 39 395-181 BCE
3 T 1QIsaiaha 2141 +/- 32 351-295 or 230-53 BCE
4 Z Frg. 3 (from 4Q365?) 2139 +/- 32 351-296 or 230-53 BCE
5 Z 1QIsaiaha 2128 +/- 38 351-296 or 230-48 BCE
6 Z 4Q213 Levia ar 2125 +/- 24 344-324 or 203-53 BCE
7 T 4Q249 pap cryptA 2097 +/- 50 349-304 or 228 BCE-18 CE
8 Z 4Q53Samuelc 2095 +/- 49 349-318 or 228 BCE-18 CE
9 L 1QIsaiaha 2050 +/- 100 200 BCE - 1 CE
10 T 4Q208 (4QEnastrA) 2095 +/- 20 172-48 BCE
11 T 4Q267 2094 +/- 29 198-3 BCE
12 T 4Q317 Phases of the Moon 2084 +/- 30 196-1 BCE
13 T 1QpHab Habakkuk Commentary 2054 +/- 22 160-148 or 111 BCE-2 CE
14 T 4Q22 paleoExodusm 2044 +/- 65 342-324 or 203 BCE-83 CE or 105-115 CE
15 T 1QS Community Rule 2041 +/- 68 344-323 or 203 BCE-122 CE
16 Z 11Q19 Temple Scroll 2030 +/- 32 166 BCE-67 CE
17 T 4Q22 paleoExodusm patch 2024 +/- 39 161-146 or 113 BCE-70 CE
18 Z 1QApGen Genesis Apocryphon 2013 +/- 32 89 BCE-118 CE
19 T 4Q521 Messianic Apocalypse 1984 +/- 33 49 BCE-116 CE
20 Z 1QH Thanksgiving Scroll 1979 +/- 32 47 BCE-118 CE
21 T 4Q258 Comm. Rule, 2nd sample 1964 +/- 45 50 BCE-130 CE
22 T 4Q266 Damascus Documenta 1954 +/- 38 44 BCE-129 CE
23 T 4Q171 Psalms Commentarya 1944 +/- 23 3-126 CE
24 T 4Q258 Comm. Rule, 1st sample 1823 +/- 24 129-255 or 303-318 CE

Non-scroll material tested:

25 T Qumran 4Q Linen with leather thong 2069 +/- 40 197 BCE-46 CE
26 L Qumran 1Q linen 1917 +/- 200 167 BCE-233 CE

The earliest evidence is POST-Exilic and is separated from your date by some 1000 years. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Israeli archaeologists have proven otherwise. They were just going after their fellow Canaanites.

As for "scripture" I had to read a lot of it. I actually went to something called a "seminary". 

That is not what most scholars, historians, archeologist and most importantly, Yahweh says.

7 minutes ago, larryp said:

That is not what most scholars, historians, archeologist and most importantly, Yahweh says.

Why is it more important what a mystical being says over people who actually researched it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, larryp said:

Yes it is. Rabbinical and Jewish ones to boot. So provide links that they don't.

Are you a historian and archaeologist? 

38 minutes ago, larryp said:

I know you hate to hear that!

Source? 

9 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Why is it more important what a imaginary being says over people who actually researched it?

I fixed that for you mate! :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, larryp said:

I corrected that for you as the lined through parts were a bold faced lie. 

cormac

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, larryp said:

I suppose a god petty enough to punish someone’s great-grandchild for him eating seafood is probably petty enough to give a **** whether or not his name is bolded. 

...not sure that a good reason to worship said god, though. 

Also: you’re not really in a position to dictate what scholars, historians, and archaeologists think, as you appear to be woefully ignorant in these areas  That, and you don’t seem to understand a goodly number of people here /are/ scholars, historians and archeologists, and they’re telling you you’re wrong  All the appeals to a local sky deity won’t change that.

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

local sky deity 

A scholar in Israel suggested he might just be a metallurgy deity due to his appearance around the time the Hebrews controlled the local copper mines (Solomon's actual "gold").

Interesting idea.  But I not in a digging through research papers mood.  

5 hours ago, larryp said:

^^^ You flood me with a bunch of links and guess that I will read all of them? Where is your point in the links above?
Stop smoke and mirrors!!

Excellent point, considering you've already established that you won't even try to read any info provided - even when you ask for it and it's quoted here in the thread.

Harte

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Harte said:

Excellent point, considering you've already established that you won't even try to read any info provided - even when you ask for it and it's quoted here in the thread.

Harte

Maybe "smoke and mirrors" is his term for "I am lazy."

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Maybe "smoke and mirrors" is his term for "I am lazy."

--Jaylemurph

Every time he writes "smoke & mirrors", I hear a certain politico screaming "fake news". :no:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/15/2019 at 12:05 PM, Piney said:

Why don't you actually read something other than a Bible.

Because something other than the Scriptures, lead to death!!

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2019 at 7:21 PM, brian100 said:

Man I hate watching them dig up stuff.. IN a few 1000's years they will be digging up the USA with Plasma TV in the ground.

Try in a few years.... about 3 and 1/2 to be more specific. Actually we are to let the dead dig and bury their dead. You are dealing with a bunch of deadly experts who dig for everything that will not have any profit for them. Like everything, when they are dead and gone their kind of knowledge will remain as just more dust in the wind. 

The only kind of knowledge which brings happiness is the knowledge of good and evil.  Socrates

Plato's Protagoras:

I proceeded: Is not a Sophist, Hippocrates, one who deals wholesale or retail in the food of the soul? To me that appears to be his nature. And what, Socrates, is the food of the soul? Surely, I said, knowledge is the food of the soul; and we must take care, my friend, that the Sophist does not deceive us when he praises what he sells, like the dealers wholesale or retail who sell the food of the body; for they praise indiscriminately all their goods, without knowing what are really beneficial or hurtful: neither do their customers know, with the exception of any trainer or physician who may happen to buy of them. In like manner those who carry about the wares of knowledge, and make the round of the cities, and sell or retail them to any customer who is in want of them, praise them all alike; though I should not wonder, O my friend, if many of them were really ignorant of their effect upon the soul; and their customers equally ignorant, unless he who buys of them happens to be a physician of the soul. If, therefore, you have understanding of what is good and evil, you may safely buy knowledge of Protagoras or of any one; but if not, then, O my friend, pause, and do not hazard your dearest interests at a game of chance. For there is far greater peril in buying knowledge than in buying meat and drink: the one you purchase of the wholesale or retail dealer, and carry them away in other vessels, and before you receive them into the body as food, you may deposit them at home and call in any experienced friend who knows what is good to be eaten or drunken, and what not, and how much, and when; and then the danger of purchasing them is not so great. But you cannot buy the wares of knowledge and carry them away in another vessel; when you have paid for them you must receive them into the soul and go your way, either greatly harmed or greatly benefited; and therefore we should deliberate and take counsel with our elders; for we are still young–too young to determine such a matter.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, larryp said:

Everything leads to death. At least don’t die in ignorance.

• Thanks 3

On 9/15/2019 at 12:41 PM, Piney said:

God instructed Saul to destroy the women, children and livestock.

My people didn't kill women and children. We considered it "evil".

Without context to the above story, It sounds like you are randomly pulling stories out of thin air. I need background, not smoke and mirrors.

1 minute ago, larryp said:

Without context to the above story, It sounds like you are randomly pulling stories out of thin air. I need background, not smoke and mirrors.

It right in the Book of Samuel.

Didn't you even read the Bible? 

On 9/14/2019 at 6:27 PM, jaylemurph said:

Hey, you do literally anything to produce an iota of hard proof . . ."  your half-caste Phoenician storm god is real and I'll listen, but if the best minds of the past 2,000 years can't, my expectations for you aren't very high.

--Jaylemurph

The best minds recently thought that our Milkyway galaxy was the universe. Now they realize it's like grapes on a vine. How much more do they not know? So much for your great minds.

On 9/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, cormac mac airt said:

What's that have to do with "why" they were written?

Attention to detail by those qualified to translate such texts would be the obvious reason. 

cormac

Yes, attention to detail byway Of Yahweh active force, is what preserved his word alive.

10 hours ago, larryp said:

So you are immortal because you only read the "Scriptures"?

• Thanks 1