Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evidence of the Babylonian conquest found

Still Waters

Translated in English:

1. [ ]...[...] and cut [...]
2. [...] my father went up [against him when h]e fought at [...]
3. and my father lay down, he went to his [ancestors (viz. became sick and died)]. And the king of I[s-]
4. rael entered previously in my father's land, [and] Hadad made me king,
5. And Hadad went in front of me, [and] I departed from the seven [...-]
6. s of my kingdom, and I slew [seve]nty kin[gs], who harnessed th[ousands of cha-]
7. riots and thousands of horsemen (or: horses). [I killed Jeho]ram son [of Ahab]
8. king of Israel, and killed [Ahaz]iahu son of [Jehoram kin-]
9. g of the House of David, and I set [their towns into ruins and turned ]
10. their land into [desolation ]
11. other [... and Jehu ru-]
12. led over Is[rael and I laid]
13. siege upon [ ][13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tel_Dan_Stele

Edited by docyabut2

On 9/15/2019 at 1:16 PM, cormac mac airt said:

If that were true in your case you'd know that artifacts and historians CONTRADICT much of what Scriptures claim. 

cormac

Oh sure, you can pull up some article that says this or that, but talk is cheap. Most archeologist, historians, and Scriptures all agree, in the Bible's foresight-history proves it.

2 minutes ago, larryp said:

Oh sure, you can pull up some article that says this or that, but talk is cheap. Most archeologist, historians, and Scriptures all agree, in the Bible's foresight-history proves it.

You keep saying "historians say 'x' " without really knowing what historians are actually saying.

You should stop doing that.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, larryp said:

Most archeologist, historians, and Scriptures all agree, in the Bible's foresight-history proves it.

links please.

You really need to cite your sources.

Elsewise all you are doing is using "smoke & mirrors"

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

links please.

You really need to cite your sources.

Elsewise all you are doing is using "smoke & mirrors"

I see what you did there. ;)

--Jaylemurph

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, larryp said:

Again, another lie. Either support you claims as to what archaeologists and historians agree on or admit your lie. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 3

On 9/15/2019 at 1:26 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

". . . and even then sometimes words lost nuance in translation, such as “murder” becoming “kill). 

Check the original Hebrew. Period. Stop smoke and mirrors. 

Just now, larryp said:

Hey preacher, cite your sources for your assertions.

Do you speak/read ancient Hebrew?

Or are you just a liar for god?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

You keep saying "historians say 'x' " without really knowing what historians are actually saying.

You should stop doing that.

--Jaylemurph

No, that's not what I said. I said, Historians, Archeologist, and most importantly, Yahweh.

Edited by larryp

On 9/15/2019 at 1:52 PM, Piney said:

If I remember correctly the original version contained just Eve and the serpent showed her how to use the plants and/or animals.

LoL  . . . pure fantasy!!

19 minutes ago, larryp said:

No, that's not what I said. I said, Historians, Archeologist, and most importantly, Yahweh.

And who...?

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2019 at 2:35 PM, ThereWeAreThen said:

Why is it more important what a mystical being says over people who actually researched it?

Yahweh once said of the nation of Israel, " . . . these people have less sense than the animals; at least they know who their master is.

16 hours ago, Piney said:

It right in the Book of Samuel.

Didn't you even read the Bible? 

I think you didn't read it. Provide context, not smoke and mirrors.

57 minutes ago, larryp said:

You keep including historians and archaeologists which suggests you're an habitual liar. Either provide support for your claims or take responsibility for lying. 

cormac

• Like 1

1 hour ago, larryp said:

As I don’t speak ancient Hebrew, even assuming the Torah was written in Hebrew, but experts into whom I have put my trust, virtue of them being experts, have saud the word “kill” was a King James Vulgate mistranslation/simplification of the word “murder”. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, larryp said:

Why, incidentally, are you calling the Lord God “Yahweh”? Are you Jewish? If so, I thought the correctly written form of His name was “Y-H-W-H”, omitting the vowels for reasons that I forget.

However, if you’re Catholic like I seem to recall you claiming, the Lord God is best referred to as “Lord”, sometimes “Lord God” or “Abba” if you’re being really poncy and want to use the Aramaic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, larryp said:

Samuel told Saul God instructed him to destroy everything. It's right in the book of Samuel. 

I don't think you ever read it.

5 hours ago, larryp said:

LoL  . . . pure fantasy!!

No, pure Northwest Semitic. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, larryp said:

15 One day Samuel said to Saul, “The Lord sent me to anoint you king over his people Israel. Now listen to his message. The Lord All-Powerful says: ‘When the Israelites came out of Egypt, the Amalekites tried to stop them from going to Canaan. I saw what the Amalekites did. Now go fight against the Amalekites. You must completely destroy the Amalekites and everything that belongs to them. Don’t let anything live; you must kill all the men and women and all of their children and little babies. You must kill all of their cattle and sheep and all of their camels and donkeys.’”

Samuel Chapter 15

• Like 2

On 9/15/2019 at 2:44 PM, Piney said:

Source? 

Yahweh's word, archeology, and historians are my source. The only people who believe otherwise are of the billions and billions of years fantacy club. LoL . . . LoL

13 minutes ago, larryp said:

archeology, and historians are my source.

Links and names of said archaeologists and historians?

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, larryp said:

Yahweh's word, archeology, and historians are my source. The only people who believe otherwise are of the billions and billions of years fantacy club. LoL . . . LoL

Again, if you’re as christian as you desperately want people to know, it behooves you to stop lying about what historians say.

Why are the most obnoxiously “christian” posters the ones who are the most outrageous liars?

—Jaylemurph  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Again, if you’re as christian as you desperately want people to know, it behooves you to stop lying about what historians say.

Why are the most obnoxiously “christian” posters the ones who are the most outrageous liars?

—Jaylemurph  

Probably because they are the most ignorant and uneducated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Probably because they are the most ignorant and uneducated.

I feel bad for them. For hundreds of years, the church produced some of the greatest minds in the world — trained them in logic and speaking, encouraged their studies in natural history and the sciences — but now so many christians are semi-literates who have never read the Bible but still use it to defend their bigotry and prejudice. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I feel bad for them. For hundreds of years, the church produced some of the greatest minds in the world — trained them in logic and speaking, encouraged their studies in natural history and the sciences — but now so many christians are semi-literates who have never read the Bible but still use it to defend their bigotry and prejudice. 

—Jaylemurph 

When I was a kid in the 60's I noticed people didn't actually read the bible.  Someone told them it said such and such and pointed to an incomplete sentence in a book and verse and they repeated it believing they knew what they were talking about.  I was called a blasphemer simply because I could read and had been taught to read for meaning.

• Thanks 2