Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evidence of the Babylonian conquest found

Still Waters

On 8/24/2019 at 10:25 PM, Pettytalk said:

After briefly reading the article you linked, it seems to me that there is some allusion that the initial findings are perhaps indicating that the Bible account of the Babylonian conquest and destruction of Jerusalem may be historically corroborative? 

Or perhaps I was making too much of the article in this Biblical respect.

There is no illusion, pale. There you go, hard, tangible artifacts laid before your face and you still act blind as a bat!  LoL . . . LoL

On 9/19/2019 at 10:18 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Why, incidentally, are you calling the Lord God “Yahweh”? Are you Jewish? If so, I thought the correctly written form of His name was “Y-H-W-H”, omitting the vowels for reasons that I forget.

However, if you’re Catholic like I seem to recall you claiming, the Lord God is best referred to as “Lord”, sometimes “Lord God” or “Abba” if you’re being really poncy and want to use the Aramaic.

The words lord, god, and Abba are not Names, but instead, titles. They still call people lord in England today. 
These three consonants were found YHWH seven-thousand times in the Bible. They represent the creator's name.

6 minutes ago, larryp said:

The words lord, god, and Abba are not Names, but instead, titles. They still call people lord in England today. 
These three consonants were found YHWH seven-thousand times in the Bible. They represent the creator's name.

Depends on the Translation. I do not, for example, seem to recall it being used in either of my King James Versions (one of the thee/thy/thou versions and one of the modern translations) nor in the versions my students use. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 3:10 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Everything leads to death. 

The righteous will posses the earth, and they will live forever on it.   Psalm 37:29

On 9/19/2019 at 9:58 AM, cormac mac airt said:

And that would be the same Yahweh whose origins you know NOTHING about. Yeah, I get it. 

cormac

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.    Rev. 22:13

I am the Alpha and the Omega, says Yahweh, "the one who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty."     Rev. 1:8

It's funny, but this is the same definition that Webster gives for the word "eternal."   Yes! Yahweh is "eternal." 

Edited by larryp

2 hours ago, larryp said:

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.    Rev. 22:13

I am the Alpha and the Omega, says Yahweh, "the one who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty."     Rev. 1:8

It's funny, but this is the same definition that Webster gives for the word "eternal."   Yes! Yahweh is "eternal." 

Using the Bible to validate the Bible, by that means then one should believe that The Highlander is God since the opening credits state "There Can Be Only One". 

cormac

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Using the Bible to validate the Bible, by that means then one should believe that The Highlander is God since the opening credits state "There Can Be Only One". 

cormac

Just another example of "my beliefs trump facts, and nothing will change my mind". 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Just another example of "my beliefs trump facts, and nothing will change my mind". 

Also known as ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, larryp said:

There is no illusion, pale. There you go, hard, tangible artifacts laid before your face and you still act blind as a bat!  LoL . . . LoL

Looks lie you think "allusion" means "illusion."

More ignorance.

Harte

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, larryp said:

The righteous will posses the earth, and they will live forever on it.   Psalm 37:29

So the righteous will never get into Heaven.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, larryp said:

No, it's a synonym, not a definition.

Eternal - but not there.

Here: Yahweh

YHWH actually means "I Am."

The ignorance is strong in this one.

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2019 at 8:37 AM, Desertrat56 said:

So you are immortal because you only read the "Scriptures"?

I and others like me will be granted "everlasting life," not immortality.

1 hour ago, Harte said:

No, it's a synonym, not a definition.

Eternal - but not there.

Here: Yahweh

YHWH actually means "I Am."

The ignorance is strong in this one.

Harte

Knauf 1984 suggests it originally meant "to blow" and was in reference to Yahweh's being a storm deity. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt

If you knew as much as you think you do, you’d know we don’t know “the creator’s” name. You don’t write vowels in Hebrew, and they collectively forgot the right ones. Yahweh and Jehovah are just guesses. 

Get over your self-righteous self, sinner. 

—Jaylemurph 

Abba does not mean Lord, it means Father.

23 minutes ago, larryp said:

I and others like me will be granted "everlasting life," not immortality.

Whoop de doo. Everlasting life with your sort would be tedious in the extreme. 

—Jaylemurph 

7 hours ago, larryp said:

I recently just heard one Catholic Priest refer to it as... (I was amazed by his wording) during Easter Mass.

Christ yesterday and today. The beginning and the end, the Alpha and the Omega. All time belongs to him. And all the Ages.

I was amazed b/c tomorrow isn't in the wording. 

I'll record a clip and throw it up...

Edited by brian100
add a video

On 9/19/2019 at 4:32 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

And what of all the other gods, throughout history, that were worshipped with devotion, and fervor?

All of them are false, and only yours is real?

Yahweh is real in the sense that he is "alive" and doesn't need anyone to take care of him.  

Regarding idols, the Bible says: "Their idols are silver and gold, The work of men’s hands.

They have mouths, but they speak not; Eyes have they, but they see not;

They have ears, but they hear not; Noses have they, but they smell not;

They have hands, but they handle not; Feet have they, but they walk not; Neither speak they through their throat.

They that make them shall be like unto them; Yea, every one that trusteth in them.       Psalm 115: 4-8

Note the grim warning, those making them will become just like them - lifeless!!

2 minutes ago, brian100 said:

I wonder if the babalonians found Ez 39..

Rabbi's and Jewish scholars all think Ezekiel is garbage. They only kept it for it's poetic value.  

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Rabbi's and Jewish scholars all think Ezekiel is garbage. They only kept it for it's poetic value.  

What are the odds.. its like watching Stargate

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brian100 said:

What name did God give Moses 3000 years ago?

Elohim

Its more than poetic stuff.. Might be poetic to the Babelonians, though.

Its the foundation of prophesy!

Judaism followed Ezekiel. It did not become a pure ethical system, following the prophets alone, or a mechanical ritual system, following the priests. Judaism became, as Ezekiel meant it to be, a pageant of ceremony ennobled by prophetic idealism.

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Elohim

Dude.

God’s Name Revealed: Moses’ Encounter with God at the Burning Bush. The names “I AM”

he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Jesus told the Sanhedron he was I' am

They could find that in the next Bablelonian discovery.

Edited by brian100
add more