Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evidence of the Babylonian conquest found

Still Waters

59 minutes ago, brian100 said:

All I remember about Babylon is some King called Nebercannezzar who conquered the Jewish nation and some guy named..Jeramiah? I don't know told them it would all happen.

Which clearly indicates your lack of familiarity with the topic, be it archaeologically, historically, genetically or linguistically. A brief primer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonia

Apologies for the rather superficial reference, but at your apparent level of understanding, this may a good starting point.

Additional observations:

• It is rather amusing to watch at least two fundamentalist Christians who would not appear to agree on their religious interpretations.
  • Should not this particular phase of the discourse be taken up under one of the religious headings?

Edit: Active reference.

Edited by Swede
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, larryp said:

My diction is awful, but as long as you get the point, as does all that are watching. When you lie down tonight, you think about that.

No, you completely missed the point, saying there was "no illusion."

Harte

• Like 1

2 hours ago, larryp said:

In spite of the tangible artifacts, documented accounts, and most importantly, Yahweh word, you'd still rather believe in the "billions and billions of years fantasy club." right?   LoL . . . LoL

You have yet to cite your sources for your claim that archeologists, historians all support your religious claim.

From your posts, I take it that you are a "young earth creationist?"

That's because Babylon is the Roman Empire and not some other pagan time frame.

The Jeremiah video above proves Rome = Babylon.

You just have to decode Jeremiah's encrypted speech.

When you plug in Rome as Babylon then it all makes sense.

All the Pharisees were blind as bats.

Edited by brian100
typo

27 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Archaeologists and historians have shown that Yahweh wasn't originally eternal, nor even a creator deity, he was a storm/mountain deity belonging to a pantheon he wasn't even the head of. Try again. 

cormac

So He took over the Business.

So what?

Harte

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Swede said:

It is rather amusing to watch at least two fundamentalist Christians who would not appear to agree on their religious interpretations.

Amusing, maybe, but 100% to be expected from god-botherers. 

The only surprising thing is that they haven’t killed each other yet. That’s the christian way. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Harte said:

So the righteous will never get into Heaven.

Harte

The Babylonians believed like most people, that "all" the good go to heaven. They spread this lie throughout the earth after the tower of Babel. As you can see, not all the good go to heaven. There will be many living on a Paradise earth, Yahweh's original plan.    Psalms 37: 29

Edited by larryp
details

13 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Depends on the Translation. I do not, for example, seem to recall it being used in either of my King James Versions (one of the thee/thy/thou versions and one of the modern translations) nor in the versions my students use. 

Check the original Hebrew, pal.

6 hours ago, Harte said:

No, it's a synonym, not a definition.

Eternal - but not there.

Here: Yahweh

YHWH actually means "I Am."

The ignorance is strong in this one.

Harte

You totally missed the point. You may as well give it up.

35 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

The only surprising thing is that they haven’t killed each other yet. That’s the christian way. 

—Jaylemurph 

They can't. Yet.

First they have to deal with all the heathens and pagans and non-believers.

THEN they can work on slaughtering each other. For the faith, of course.

13 minutes ago, larryp said:

Check the original Hebrew, pal.

And again I have to ask, are you fluent in ancient Hebrew?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brian100 said:

The historians can't find Babylon because Babylon is just a metaphor for the Roman Empire.

Good bleeping grief. Did you even take the time to read the admittedly brief summary provided in contribution #276?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Knauf 1984 suggests it originally meant "to blow" and was in reference to Yahweh's being a storm deity. 

cormac

There are still people who think the earth is flat and they have documentation. Are you one of them?

39 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Amusing, maybe, but 100% to be expected from god-botherers. 

—Jaylemurph 

Merely a thought: Is there a possibility that this recent onslaught of ill-informed "perspective" is a concerted effort? The realm of modern technology can be quite disturbing/abused

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Swede said:

And your credible documentation for this statement would be?

at 4:30 Jeremiah says the messiah comes.

Edited by brian100
typo

5 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

If you knew as much as you think you do, you’d know we don’t know “the creator’s” name. You don’t write vowels in Hebrew, and they collectively forgot the right ones. Yahweh and Jehovah are just guesses. 

Get over your self-righteous self, sinner. 

—Jaylemurph 

Correction: Scholars do know his Name; they don't know the exact pronunciation of the consonants YHWH - understood?

39 minutes ago, larryp said:

The Babylonians believed like most people, that "all" the good go to heaven. They spread this lie throughout the earth after the tower of Babel. As you can see, not all the good go to heaven. There will be many living on a Paradise earth, Yahweh's original plan.    Psalms 37: 29

No, they believed no such thing.

More ignorance.

Harte

• Like 1

1 minute ago, larryp said:

Correction: Scholars do know his Name; they don't know the exact pronunciation of the consonants YHWH - understood?

Could you PLEASE cite sources for ANY of your assertions?

This is like arguing with a 3 year old who keeps repeating "I know you are but what am I?"

People have posted statements, backed by evidence. All you do is quote the holy book you like.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brian100 said:

Isn't Babylon just a metaphor for modern civilization made of of many nations?

Not always, Babylon is also a city in Iraq. 

cormac

• Like 1

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Not always, Babylon is also a city in Iraq. 

cormac

Okay, I was just checking.     I'm sure the Messiah won;t come during the Persian empire though. That time has passed.