Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evidence of the Babylonian conquest found

Still Waters

Just now, jaylemurph said:

He knows it means “I don’t understand” just as much as we do. 

—Jaylemurph 

I don’t believe he’s even THAT smart. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

He knows it means “I don’t understand” just as much as we do. 

—Jaylemurph 

Not true!

That twit is using "smoke & mirrors" as a method of dismissing anything that contradicts his precious beliefs.

Just ignore the feckwit, he'll soon disappear when he realizes he has no audience.

• Thanks 2

On 9/28/2019 at 6:04 PM, jaylemurph said:

So your god is subject to vanity as well as petty jealousy?

—Jaylemurph 

Listen to yourself; how unreasonable you are. Imagine you had a child whom you demonstrated unwavering love for many times. The child grows up and disowns you, then starts taking care of a strange man. How would that make you feel? In like manner with Jahweh, the sustainer of life felt more betrayed when the Jew started using imagery in their worship. Off course He was Jealous.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:08 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

Why even engage with him? It is an exercise in futility. There is no discussion with him and all comments fall on deaf ears.

Why don't you tune out?  

On 9/28/2019 at 6:04 PM, jaylemurph said:

Good thing the real gods lack those character flaws completely. They like everybody, unconditionally. 

—Jaylemurph 

You worship who you don't know. We worship whom we know.

On 9/28/2019 at 6:14 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Larryp

You have been provided with research that refutes your 7000 times so you are dead in the water on that one.

jmccr8

You need to read the prior post that confirms Yahweh name 7,000 times throughout the Scriptures. Try to keep up!!

26 minutes ago, larryp said:

You worship who you don't know. We worship whom we know.

Dude, I’m the only human on Earth in regular contact with the real gods. They picked me, specially, according to the dictates of their ineffable Holy and Drooly Excrescences.  

They don’t even dislike you, and you’re an apostate. Your god should take notes. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, larryp said:

You need to read the prior post that confirms Yahweh name 7,000 times throughout the Scriptures. Try to keep up!!

You mean the post where they demonstrate (with proof via links) that the word Yahweh doesn’t even appear 700 times in the Bible, or did you faith that out of your recollection?

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

did you faith that out of your recollection?

:lol: Consider that gem "stolen". 

2 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

You mean the post where they demonstrate (with proof via links) that the word Yahweh doesn’t even appear 700 times in the Bible, or did you faith that out of your recollection?

—Jaylemurph 

Correction: The four consonants (YHWH) that represent Yahweh's name is found throughout the Scriptures 7,000 times in the original Hebrew and Greek.

Hebrew Bible[edit]

Scholarly texts of the Hebrew Bible[edit]

In the Hebrew Bible, the Tetragrammaton occurs 6828 times,[1](p142) as can be seen in the Biblia Hebraica and Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia. In addition, on the margins there are notes (masorah[note 1]) indicating that in 134 places the soferim (Jewish scribes) altered the original Hebrew text from YHWH to Adonai[26][note 2][27][28] and 8 places to Elohim,[29] which would add 142 occurrences to the initial number above.[30] According to Brown–Driver–Briggs, יְהֹוָה‎ (Qr אֲדֹנָי‎) occurs 6,518 times, and יֱהֹוִה‎ (Qr אֱלֹהִים‎) occurs 305 times in the Masoretic Text. It first appears in Hebrew in the Book of Genesis 2:4.[31] The only books it does not appear in are Ecclesiastes, the Book of Esther, and Song of Songs.[1]

^^^ Note the granite slab dated 8000 B.C.E with Yahweh's name on it. Of course, this is tangible evidence, unlike your billions and billions of years fantasy club. LoL . . . LoL 

Edited by larryp
details

35 minutes ago, larryp said:

^^^ Note the granite slab dated 8000 B.C.E with Yahweh's name on it. Of course, this is tangible evidence, unlike your billions and billions of years fantasy club. LoL . . . LoL 

Wrong: 

the oldest known inscription of the tetragrammaton dates to 840 BCE, on the Mesha Stele.

That's nowhere near 8000 BC/BCE. And the Mesha Stele is basalt, NOT granite.

https://www.abrahamicstudyhall.org/2017/03/21/yhwh-bibical-tetragrammaton/

cormac

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

Wrong: 

That's nowhere near 8000 BC/BCE. And the Mesha Stele is basalt, NOT granite.

https://www.abrahamicstudyhall.org/2017/03/21/yhwh-bibical-tetragrammaton/

cormac

The point is that Yahweh's name appears 7,000 times and is found written on ancient rock. Proof that you and others have been asking for.

Edited by larryp
datails

11 minutes ago, larryp said:

Watch the spin doctors show up. They're with the billions and billions of years fantasy club.

Why ar you so frightened to believe that God is billions of years old? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, larryp said:

The Scriptures do not teach that Yahweh will torture the bad. Learn the original Greek and Hebrew words for Hell

Yahwen wont however he will damn them to an eternal life of torture should they not go to heaven (IE: hell "the lake of fire).

for your records here is how many times the greek and hebrew words are used for hell:

The Bible uses four words that have been translated hell. Sheol (Hebrew) and hades (Greek) both refer to the grave where righteous people like Job, David, Hezekiah and even Christ knew they would go at death (Job 14:13; Psalms 88:3; Isaiah 38:10; Acts 2:27, 31).

Tartaroo (Greek) is only used once in the Bible, about where fallen angels are restrained (2 Peter 2:4).

Gehenna was a word based on a vile garbage dump outside Jerusalem where trash and the bodies of criminals were burned up. Christ used the word to refer to what Revelation 20:10, 14-15 calls “the lake of fire,” which brings “the second death”—permanent, eternal death. - https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/bible-questions-and-answers/what-is-hell-will-the-wicked-be-tormented-in-hell-forever

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, larryp said:

The point is that Yahweh's name appears 7,000 times and is found written on ancient rock. Proof that you and others have been asking for.

No, the point is that you make excuses for lying. Everyone sees that. 

cormac

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Isnt lying a sin??? hmmm makes one wonder......... 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Not true!

That twit is using "smoke & mirrors" as a method of dismissing anything that contradicts his precious beliefs.

Just ignore the feckwit, he'll soon disappear when he realizes he has no audience.

What do you mean no audience? I went from 2 likes

2 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Smoke and mirrors !! 

2 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Gave you proof, what did you do? You put your head in the sand, like a %^&*$!! ostrich. 

28 minutes ago, larryp said:

Smoke and mirrors !! 

Translation---*I'm completely clueless and making stuff up*

30 minutes ago, larryp said:

What do you mean no audience? I went from 2 likes

149 posts and 19 of these *:lol::huh:*  is not a good average.

I don't see anybody backing you up in your lies and distortions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Translation---*I'm completely clueless and making stuff up*

Hey! I resemble that remark. Though I feel my "tri-lobed wig dryer" conjecture deserves serious attention and some experimental archaeology to document and potentially provide a favorable consensus on it by mainstream Egyptology. 

Maybe some aspiring grad student will use my idea for their thesis...:devil:

Edited by Jarocal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Hey! I resemble that remark. Though I feel my "tri-lobed wig dryer" conjecture deserves serious attention and some experimental archaeology to document and potentially provide a favorable consensus on it by mainstream Egyptology. 

Well get that DeWALT out and get to work. You can probably use "Solid Surface" and not even ruin a wheel. 

2 hours ago, larryp said:

Gave you proof, what did you do? You put your head in the sand, like a %^&*$!! ostrich. 

Your "all archaeologists and historians agree" claim was a lie. 

Your "8000 BCE" claim was a lie. 

Your "7000/over 7000 times in the Bible" claim for Yahweh was a lie. You DO know how to count right, because it's not showing based on the evidence? 

Your claim that the Meshe Stele was granite was a lie. 

Your god is jealous of imagery which means he has a low self-esteem problem. Imagine that. 

Do you see a pattern yet? Many of the rest of us do.

cormac

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Well get that DeWALT out and get to work. You can probably use "Solid Surface" and not even ruin a wheel. 

I smack stones with blunt objects all week long. If I ain't getting paid, woodworking or horticulture would be a preferred medium to experiment with.

Edited by Jarocal
  • Thanks 1