Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evidence of the Babylonian conquest found

Still Waters

12 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yeah, it is out of context as it is a single sentence from presumably a longer conversation. I could cherry pick a sentence from Adolf Hitler to make him look like a fluffy dog lover, doesn’t mean that there’s a wider context. 

I read the article, I know better.

21 minutes ago, Piney said:

WRONG!!!!! 

The Oracle Bone Script has no relations to Semitic whatsoever.

Piney, have you studied into the Paleo-Semitic, or West-semitic whatsoever?

What one deems "Original" is based upon their own perspective of the matter, and can refer to those who conquered over an actual original people. Of course something original is not relative, but peoples opinions are.

I am sorry if I ever make that mistake.

But yeah, there is definitely semitic symbols in certain Ancient Chinese script.

Edited by VastLand

8 minutes ago, VastLand said:

But yeah, there is definitely semitic symbols in certain Ancient Chinese script.

The Chinese script predates Paleo-Hebrew by a thousand years. :rolleyes:

You can't use "mass comparison" with writing systems. Symbols have a commonality. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, VastLand said:

I read the article, I know better.

Ohh that’s cleared it all up. Cheers.

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Chinese script predates Paleo-Hebrew by a thousand years. :rolleyes:

You can't use "mass comparison" with writing systems. Symbols have a commonality. 

what do you mean by paleo-hebrew anyhow? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Actually Chinese predates Proto-Sinaitic by 500 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Sinaitic_script

okay, well lets just say, that what I meant in regard to Chinese, was not "Paleo-hebrew" according to your wikipedia article, but a much older form of semitic, before West semitic split.

9 minutes ago, VastLand said:

okay, well lets just say, that what I meant in regard to Chinese, was not "Paleo-hebrew" according to your wikipedia article, but a much older form of semitic, before West semitic split.

But Chinese is still older by around 500 years. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Piney said:

But Chinese is still older by around 500 years. 

Then why do articles say Proto-semitic dates back to 4th millennium BCE, and Oracle Bone Script to 2nd millennium BCE?

That would make Proto-semitic 2000 years older.

2 hours ago, VastLand said:

And you know, that with a little study on the matter of Origins, I can see a sphere of influence,

“A little knowledge is a dangerous thing/ Drink deep, or drink not, of the Pieriean spring...”

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, VastLand said:

Then why do articles say Proto-semitic dates back to 4th millennium BCE, and Oracle Bone Script to 2nd millennium BCE?

The earliest "Proto-Sinaitic" inscriptions are mostly dated to between the mid-19th (early date) and the mid-16th (late date) century BC.

"The principal debate is between an early date, around 1850 BC, and a late date, around 1550 BC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VastLand said:

That would make Proto-semitic 2000 years older.

Umm..... Semitic and Siantic are two different things Dude.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Your reference states Proto-Sinaitic is likely dated to around early to mid 2nd millennium BC. Archaic Chinese is from around late 2nd millennium BC. Hence Proto-Sinaitic predates Archaic Chinese. 

4 minutes ago, Mellon Man said:

Your reference states Proto-Sinaitic is likely dated to around early to mid 2nd millennium BC. Archaic Chinese is from around late 2nd millennium BC. Hence Proto-Sinaitic predates Archaic Chinese. 

Not by much and they still can't be compared. 

The statement that the Chinese script evolved from the Sinaitic scripted p***ed me off and I wasn't looking close. Mormon dreck has a tendency to blur my vision when my blood pressure goes up. 

• Like 3

On 10/30/2019 at 5:58 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Umm..... Semitic and Siantic are two different things Dude.

why are you picking on me about it, I am talking about the oldest form of Semitic. I never mentioned Siantic.

We, or atleast, I, was reffering to the sphere of lingual influence that comes from semitic, and permeates into many of the languages, and some live to this day. English, and Arabic are examples.

I was saying there are certain letters in Oracle Bone Script, that resemble letters in the oldest semitic, and the oldest, as far as I know, is Proto-semitic, which is very old, 4th Cent. BCE I think.

Edited by VastLand

On 10/30/2019 at 3:15 PM, VastLand said:

what do you mean by paleo-hebrew anyhow? 

I meant his definition, everyone has their own opinion. SO IF I WANT TO PROPERLY COMMUNICATE AND UNDERSTAND HIM, is that a reason to laugh? Crazy

31 minutes ago, VastLand said:

I meant his definition, everyone has their own opinion. SO IF I WANT TO PROPERLY COMMUNICATE AND UNDERSTAND HIM, is that a reason to laugh? Crazy

In academia it is facts or theories. In linguistics there are only facts. He makes up fictions, which is why Jewish academics don't agree with him. 

37 minutes ago, VastLand said:

We, or atleast, I, was reffering to the sphere of lingual influence that comes from semitic, and permeates into many of the languages, and some live to this day. English, and Arabic are examples.

English is a IE language and has no Semitic influences. Just some borrowed names from a later date. Arabic is a Semitic Language. Get you facts straight.

39 minutes ago, VastLand said:

I was saying there are certain letters in Oracle Bone Script, that resemble letters in the oldest semitic, and the oldest, as far as I know, is Proto-semitic, which is very old, 4th Cent. BCE I think.

Yet they had no influence on each other whatsoever.    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Sinaitic_script   

Proto-Sinaitic 2d BCE Get your terms right. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VastLand said:

Yes. 

Trying to understand and communicate theories without merit and which rely on knowingly falsifying or using exploded data is crazy. 

Doesn’t stop the phringe cabal from doing every day. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VastLand said:

why are you picking on me about it, I am talking about the oldest form of Semitic. I never mentioned Siantic.

New culpa, I misread your post as you saying that Piney’s link about Sianetic languages  were Semitic. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

New culpa, I misread your post as you saying that Piney’s link about Sianetic languages  were Semitic. 

It is. Proto-Sinaitic is the first Semitic writing. He just keeps calling it "Proto-Semitic" which is a improper term. 

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VastLand said:

English is a bastardisation of many different languages. Have you seen how many times the British Isles have been invaded?